D2000 opinions/experiences.

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

sillyquestions?
Wiggling with Experience

Post by sillyquestions? » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:26 am

Cool, thanks for your input. Really appreciate it. Im in the midst of ordering one now but the communication isnt great and neither is the English. You'd think they'd be chasing up something worth £2000...

Ahh well.. it'll be here when it's here. Thanks again man.

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:33 am

sillyquestions? wrote:Ahh well.. it'll be here when it's here. Thanks again man.
We're working on it. The holidays always screw up everything and greatly slow down shipments.

Rupert the not so great
Common Wiggler

Post by Rupert the not so great » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:05 pm

I reckon you'll love it. :yay:

electricanada
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by electricanada » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:13 pm

lisa wrote:I don't have one but it's very clear from many sound demos how very noisy it is. I think that it might elude you because it's so obvious that you're thinking that it must be one of the noise parts, not the background noise.

Listen to the beginning of this official demo from Metasonix:

https://soundcloud.com/metasonix/d2000demo1wav
Metasonix wrote:This is the raw unprocessed output of a D-2000 being sequenced by a Delptronics Triggerman. First bass, then adding other drums [...] Yes, this is exactly what it sounds like. No, there are no effects or EQ added.
That high-pitched ringing sound that sounds a little like sleighbells in the background is the noise I get on my D-2000's mixer out. It annoys me. I am led to understand that this noise does not exist when you take the individual outs of each drum, but I lack the equipment to test that right now.
Eléctrica (electric) Nāda (the yoga of sound).

chrisdermo
Ultra Wiggler

Re: D2000 opinions/experiences.

Post by chrisdermo » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:06 pm

3 days into D2000 ownership, and I love it!
Having borrowed a d1000 from a friend before I’d say I can get all the sounds I loved from that machine from the individual outs and waaaaaay more from the mix out - the unit I bought is an mk1 without distortion knob as well, but setting the drive / level via each drum is plenty to play with, along with different gate lengths to the trigger ins. Only minor gripe is wishing the tone knob on the noise channels made a more drastic change, but don’t care that much as they sound incredible. The ducking/massively overcompressed sound you can get by driving that output tube really hard is incredible.
I’m going to eventually try build/have built a few cgs trigger sequencers to get that toggle switch per step type sequencing I loved on the d1000.
WTB / WTTF: Bugbrand PRC2B, DD3, PRC4, ENV1

Current Bugs frame:
https://www.modulargrid.net/f/racks/view/580413

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:26 pm

ps: as of Aug 2020 our orders are badly backed up. Eight D2000s currently on order and more orders probably on the way....we are set up to make maybe 2 or 3 per month at most. Plus we have problems with suppliers. Please be patient and don't harass the dealers.

amplyfied
Learning to Wiggle

Post by amplyfied » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:23 am

Thanks for the update. Sold my D1000 ages ago in a weak moment and been hunting for a new D2000. One of the vendors gave me a heads up when they got a couple in, but once I got back to them they were gone. Glad to hear they're still coming!

amplyfied
Learning to Wiggle

Post by amplyfied » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:43 am

Ok... so I was lucky enough to score a new D-2000!!! :twisted:

Any recommendations on someone who could do a custom case for it? Thanks!

Return to “Metasonix”