Let's see your yellow.

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

thermionicjunky
Thyratron Genius

Post by thermionicjunky » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:17 pm

jwar wrote:Meh, I just went ahead and bought a TM-5 off of Ebay. Haha. I bet these two will be killer together.
If you have some kind of pedal interface and a DC mixer/offset generator you can make a great VCO sync effect with these two (a Moog CP-251 will do). Run the TM-5 into a CV input on the TM-3. Add a small negative offset to the pedal CV so the VCO shuts off when your heel is down. Pressing your toe down will sweep through locked harmonics. This effect is perfect for bass guitar.

jwar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jwar » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:28 pm

thermionicjunky wrote:
jwar wrote:Meh, I just went ahead and bought a TM-5 off of Ebay. Haha. I bet these two will be killer together.
If you have some kind of pedal interface and a DC mixer/offset generator you can make a great VCO sync effect with these two (a Moog CP-251 will do). Run the TM-5 into a CV input on the TM-3. Add a small negative offset to the pedal CV so the VCO shuts off when your heel is down. Pressing your toe down will sweep through locked harmonics. This effect is perfect for bass guitar.
Awesome! Thank you!

Any suggestions for a CV pedal? I've been looking at the Moog MP 201, but wasn't sure if that was really necessary or if I could simply use my EP-2.

These are my first Metasonix units and I haven't ever used CV before, so sorry if the question sounds dumb.

Cybananna
Funniest Guy

Post by Cybananna » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Ep-2 works fine. That's what I have. The mp-201 has many additional great things but its not required and is really expensive.

noisefield
Wiggling with Experience

Post by noisefield » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:34 am

hi metasonix users !
i'm really impatient to post here
soon i hope
anyway i like your modulars :tu:

Mat
Common Wiggler

Post by Mat » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:31 pm

Evil Companions

Last edited by Mat on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malas vibras producer
http://soundcloud.com/mareaboba

nooneimportant
Common Wiggler

Post by nooneimportant » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:37 pm

Proud member.

Chrysothemis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Chrysothemis » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:10 am

Just finished my first modular. It isn't ALL yellow, but hey, you have to leave room for improvement...

YellowBlood
Common Wiggler

Post by YellowBlood » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:14 pm

God damn I can't stop looking at this thread :love: :woah: :omg:
Great Deals: Zerosum Inertia, governor blacksnake, ear ear, Muff Wiggler, Metasonix, thermionicjunky, felix, ClausF, MickGordon, jkhoward, SewerBadger, xtrmnt, aasmodular, MoogProDG, SunSpots, mome rath, CalvaryBand

ActionMaxVA
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ActionMaxVA » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:57 am

This beast does it all. Could not be more inspired lately.
Plays well with the shared system, Maths and Wogglebug, also follows the wave outputs of the STO and DPO quite magically.

Was so inspired I grabbed one of these before they are gone!
So far it is also instant luv. Still getting to know it.
It also plays well with others but is back to its naked state as of late.

Last but not least, my R collection grows.
The top case is primed to be filled.
The winter storm has delayed a few more I am waiting on.
Seems a good run of used R modules on the BST
Grab em!

hangovercat
domestic party animal

Post by hangovercat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:35 am

I've finally got a nice tight gigging setup happening (after not quite three years but who's counting). Huge thanks to Eric for advice on getting the TM-rack together and powered.

"An idea isn't responsible for the people who believe in it." – Don Marquis

ModularGrid
BandCamp
SoundCloud

YellowBlood
Common Wiggler

Post by YellowBlood » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:38 pm

Finally, after so long my Metasonix rig is complete :sb: :party: :hihi: I will post sounds eventually when I get time. On top is a D-1000 I modded myself and out of the picture on the floor is another TM-7 I use with my pedals :metasonix:Image
Great Deals: Zerosum Inertia, governor blacksnake, ear ear, Muff Wiggler, Metasonix, thermionicjunky, felix, ClausF, MickGordon, jkhoward, SewerBadger, xtrmnt, aasmodular, MoogProDG, SunSpots, mome rath, CalvaryBand

musicaespressiva
Common Wiggler

Post by musicaespressiva » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:57 pm

YellowBlood wrote:Finally, after so long my Metasonix rig is complete :sb: :party: :hihi: I will post sounds eventually when I get time. On top is a D-1000 I modded myself and out of the picture on the floor is another TM-7 I use with my pedals :metasonix:Image
what a setup!!

otoskope
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by otoskope » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Here's a work in progress, a banana yellow system - to be used with my Bugbrand and other banana modulars - and my other yellow, of course. It's now up and running, although not complete.

The missing spaces are reserved for two R55 and one RK2, with space for a couple more RK modules, if and when they arrive. Also, the top frame will be painted orange, like the base.

PSU-wise, it contains one PSU per row - Doepfer PSU2, PSU3 and the PSU that comes with the 1frame case (don't know what it's called).

For bananafication of the modules, see my recent thread about that.
The brain is always greener on the other side.

soundcloud1 soundcloud2
bandcamp
youtube

weinglas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by weinglas » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:05 am

@YellowBlood and otoskope: :love: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :love:
Album with Kozepz:"FRNDS"
"All Tubes"
"Game Over!"
mirarimusic wrote:... This fucking blows away Beyonces release today as well!!!!
dan_p wrote: I'll still be listening to this one in years to come. best thing I've heard for ages
Videos

Kujo
Common Wiggler

Post by Kujo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:36 pm

It ain't much, but it's home..

I am offended.

https://soundcloud.com/kujo-project

FS(EU): Metasonix RK4 / Metasonix F-1

otoskope
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by otoskope » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:30 pm

My tube baby is finished. After one year of collecting modules, getting PSUs and frames, painting, connecting internal DC cables, and not the least, bananfication of the whole lot. :banana:
Quite happy about this monster. She has room for a couple of more 8hp modules, in case Eric will come up with further innovative crazyness - which is highly likely.
The system contains all R and RK modules, with two each of the oscillators (R54 and R55) and the waveshaper (R53). Except the R56 - I already have two Bugbrand Spring Tankers. Also it simply didn't fit. It also has 4 passive LPGs for utility and gestural signal control
Altogether, it has 20 tubes. And it dwarfs my Wretch in complexity and patchability.
It is made to be used with my bananafrac systems (Bugbrand, Wiard, Blacet, Metalbox/CGS, etc) and some 4U (NonLinearSystems), with plenty of clock/gate/seq/gestural controllers, so I have no need for much CV generation here. This is for pure sonic bliss.
I couldn't resist turning off the light. Oh, the glow... :nana:
Power is taken care of by three Doepfer PSUs - PSU2 (original in the lower 6U case), PSU3 (mounted by me in the lower part, to supply plenty of 5V for the R55s) and the standard 3U PSU (with external transformer) for the upper Doepfer frame. The 5V from PSU3 is distributed to two of the frames, and all are co-grounded.
The brain is always greener on the other side.

soundcloud1 soundcloud2
bandcamp
youtube

Kujo
Common Wiggler

Post by Kujo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:55 pm

otoskope wrote: Image
fantastic system ! those bananas sure add some sexy curves in between them tubes :sadbanana:
I am offended.

https://soundcloud.com/kujo-project

FS(EU): Metasonix RK4 / Metasonix F-1

synchromesh
Wiggling with Experience

Not actually yellow, but...

Post by synchromesh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:39 am

This is my latest addition - julian made me a custom panel for my "naked" R-54 and last night I finally got around to drilling & filing it out. It all came out fairly nicely, other than the infill using the Edding 780 paint pen wasn't hugely successful - cleanup with acetone failed to remove all the paint, so there's a bit of a red "cloud" remaining. :doh:

Never mind, overall I'm pretty pleased with it. :guinness:

EDIT: Turns out a little Brasso polish cleans up the excess paint nicely, so now it looks much nicer.

Photos of the rest of my yellow once I sort out my "wall of cheap Chinese doom" PSU to power it all... :cloud:
Last edited by synchromesh on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

onymous
Learning to Wiggle

Post by onymous » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:09 pm

My brother made me a case to mount these as a very belated christmas gift. No more sitting on the desk.

hackrobat
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hackrobat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:56 pm

onymous wrote:My brother made me a case to mount these as a very belated christmas gift. No more sitting on the desk.
WIN. :sb: Maple?

onymous
Learning to Wiggle

Post by onymous » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:33 pm

hackrobat wrote:WIN. :sb: Maple?
Yup. He found a really flamey piece so he put it to good use.

oberdada
Common Wiggler

Post by oberdada » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:22 pm

My R-54 looks just like anybody else's, but here's what it sounds like.

The signal is on the x-axis and its derivative on y. No input, the harsh switch pointing down, overdrive almost max, resonance about 5-6 o'clock and tune at 4. I suppose it's chaotic. Pure tones would produce an ellipse instead of this mess.

thefutureeaters
Common Wiggler

Post by thefutureeaters » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:06 pm

I guess the Curtis Filter is going to have to fuck off into a different case now that the RK5 is shipping.
Genre: Adult Contemporary Acid Reflux

luchog
Crazy Pony

Post by luchog » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:35 am

I finally have my rack built. Only a few modules so far.

The rack is actually 7U, but the Zorx ribbon controller is sitting on the 1U rails. I posted more pictures of the build project in the DIY cases thread: viewtopic.php?p=2773226#2773226

Mephitif
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mephitif » Sat May 05, 2018 7:18 pm

Started with an R-54 4 weeks ago. Went bananas for the yellow after that.

Return to “Metasonix”