D-1000 Clock Input ?

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Fri May 27, 2011 11:07 pm

depth20 wrote:Anybody had any luck with this and actually got it working? It's kind of a deal breaker for me if I'm gonna get it or not.
If you don't think you'll like it without a clock input, then don't bother.
Lots of music can be made slaving sequencers and modulators TO the D1000.

I like to use two drum voices plus a cymbal for percussion,
then use the remaining voice(twisted by a VCS or envelator) to filter oscillators,
Then sum it all out the main out and crush it up with the d1000 final output gain.

D1000 is a cool master clock.
Just try it.

beepetc.
Learning to Wiggle

Post by beepetc. » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Pardon my necro post, but I'd be super grateful for some advice on this thing!

I've modded an ext. clock in on my D-1000, but for some reason it rarely accepts my gate signals. I've had luck triggering it with Maths' LFO's through the attenuverter outputs, and also with the BSP's Drum triggers as well, but pretty much every other trig or gate signal, only leads to a blinking LED and absent clocking.

I've soldered a connection from the internal clock to the jack switch, from the hot signal to the CLOCK point, and of course from ground to ground. Did I miss anything vital? It seems like such an easy mod, and yet I feel like such an idiot for not being able to make it work. I've also wondered if I should add a diode between the hot signal and the CLOCK input, but my 1n4148's are at my office.

By the way, this thing is killerrrrrrr. <3

beepetc.
Learning to Wiggle

Post by beepetc. » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:52 pm

I just realized that my Machinedrum is PERFECT for triggering the ext. clock, since it's able to modulate the pulse length to a micron per step! Yeeeaaah! :deadbanana: :deadbanana: :deadbanana:
You can't fill a hat with maybes.

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 pm

beepetc. wrote:I've modded an ext. clock in on my D-1000, but for some reason it rarely accepts my gate signals.
Needs at least 7-8v pulses. A lot of Euro modules only handle or produce 0-5v pulse or gate signals.

beepetc.
Learning to Wiggle

Post by beepetc. » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:39 pm

metasonix wrote:
beepetc. wrote:I've modded an ext. clock in on my D-1000, but for some reason it rarely accepts my gate signals.
Needs at least 7-8v pulses. A lot of Euro modules only handle or produce 0-5v pulse or gate signals.
Ah, right. That makes sense. I might build a tiny amplifier for those puny gates then. It could be handy.
You can't fill a hat with maybes.

Return to “Metasonix”