Vactrol prices

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Grumskiz wrote:Maybe this is of interest to you:
viewtopic.php?t=158263
Thanks, but not until they offer the /2 version. Plus their prices are a bit steep. I suspect this is the "gray market" seller offering Chinese made vactrols directly.

CE Distributing says they still have 5C3/2s in stock also:
https://www.cedist.com/products/R-VTL5C32

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:49 am

reviving this thread because Modular Addict, who I would PREFER to buy 5C3/2s from, has been out of stock for months. Synthcube has also been out of stock. I was forced to buy Xvive couplers from Thonk at extra cost. And Erthenvar closed their doors.

Having real trouble finding other sources. Antique Electronic Supply and New Sensor only carry single-element models.

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:20 am

metasonix wrote:reviving this thread because Modular Addict, who I would PREFER to buy 5C3/2s from, has been out of stock for months. Synthcube has also been out of stock. I was forced to buy Xvive couplers from Thonk at extra cost. And Erthenvar closed their doors.

Having real trouble finding other sources. Antique Electronic Supply and New Sensor only carry single-element models.
How do you find the Xvive ones? I found they were too fast - didn't have the tail that Perkin/Exelitas ones had, so not good for my usage. I bought direct from Xvive & they weren't very good with communication to be honest.

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:28 am

BugBrand wrote:How do you find the Xvive ones? I found they were too fast - didn't have the tail that Perkin/Exelitas ones had, so not good for my usage. I bought direct from Xvive & they weren't very good with communication to be honest.
The Xvive 5C3/2s are okay. That's about all I can say right now. A few of them have been a little bit unstable. The fast response is a-okay with me because the RK4 needs fast response--they don't work so well in a lowpass gate, so we use Silonex in the RK5 and RK6.

I did find one dealer in the US who has Xvive 5C3/2s in stock:
https://cabintechglobal.com/home

Return to “Metasonix”