Mtasonix R52 favourite patches?

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

numan7
the most autistic amongst us

Post by numan7 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:09 am

:sadbanana: i just noticed R52 is now Email Us For Availability at Analogue Haven. so i guess they're all gone now (right?). i should have got two more in december - rats!

will there be an RK version of R52?

cheers
“i'm telling you my dear that it can't happen here because i've been checking it out. i've been checking it out for a couple of days...”

luchog
Crazy Pony

Post by luchog » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm

numan7 wrote::sadbanana: i just noticed R52 is now Email Us For Availability at Analogue Haven. so i guess they're all gone now (right?). i should have got two more in december - rats!

I got mine a few weeks ago, from BigCityMusic who is also out of stock now. Lucky I ordered mine when I did.

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:26 pm

numan7 wrote::sadbanana: i just noticed R52 is now Email Us For Availability at Analogue Haven. so i guess they're all gone now (right?).
Yep, finishing the last of them now.
Seriously doubt it, not enough space

FatRocky
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by FatRocky » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:47 pm

metasonix wrote:
numan7 wrote::sadbanana: i just noticed R52 is now Email Us For Availability at Analogue Haven. so i guess they're all gone now (right?).
Yep, finishing the last of them now.
Seriously doubt it, not enough space
i would ask the opposite of that , will be there R versions of some of the awesome new rk designs? :guinness:

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 pm

FatRocky wrote:i would ask the opposite of that , will be there R versions of some of the awesome new rk designs? :guinness:
Nope. No plans to make any R size, unless there is no choice.

RK3 is equal to R53, and RK4 is equal to R54. The RK1, 2, 5 and 6 had no R equivalents.

FatRocky
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by FatRocky » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:34 pm

metasonix wrote:
FatRocky wrote:i would ask the opposite of that , will be there R versions of some of the awesome new rk designs? :guinness:
Nope. No plans to make any R size, unless there is no choice.

RK3 is equal to R53, and RK4 is equal to R54. The RK1, 2, 5 and 6 had no R equivalents.
I was thinking in something like a double horsecock with feedback switch for TM7 style distortion in R package , and other variations of the exclusive RK desings in R as well

luchog
Crazy Pony

Blew a tube

Post by luchog » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:24 am

So, recently moved into a new house, and in the process I managed to blow one of the tubes in my R-52. Not quite sure how, there's a clouding inside that reminds me of a blown halogen headlamp bulb, so I'm guessing after banging around in the car the filament probably broke and shorted something.

Poking around eBay, I came across a trio of Japanese-manufactured Mullard 12AW6s, and a trio of Telefunken 12AU6s. The Mullards were going for $4 each, the Telefunkens for just under $9 each. So naturally I had to pick up both and do a little tube rolling.

Not a huge difference between them, but defintely noticeable. The Mullards had a grittier sound, particularly in the resonance, and a marginally sharper cutoff than I remembered from the RCA 12AW6s the module came with.

The Telefunkens had a distinctly cleaner resonance, noticeably (but not hugely) softer cutoff, and larger "sweet spot" than either the RCAs or Mullards.

Can't decide which I like better.

Return to “Metasonix”