Metasonix Wretch machine - ebay scam?

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

jah_vengeance
Common Wiggler

Metasonix Wretch machine - ebay scam?

Post by jah_vengeance » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:03 am

hey heads up - looks like this is a scammer:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1151954730

ebay seller: 2649*123

the photo is from this blog:
http://xfmr.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/meta ... 0-all.html

messaged the guy, and if I don't hear back will report the fucker.

Kultschar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Kultschar » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:09 am

Ive noticed that auction has been pulled and relisted a few times also, seller no feedback etc

Seems dodgy!

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Err thats my mate jesse ?

I swapped him that wretch for some stuff he makes

He sold it for $3000 to some guy in austrailia i think

Hes a good fella maybe a tad unusual

I think hes a member on muffs now

Search

Tablebeast

He makes amazing valve amps pres comps etc

Ha

Funny

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Oh i see what your saying

:sadbanana:

tiny333
SONIC WARRIOR

Post by tiny333 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:15 pm

Well the blog is jesses

He sold that wretch quite some time ago

So if someone has copied that pic and is using it recently its deffo fake

tablebeast
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tablebeast » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:24 pm

Looks like the listing got pulled before I could weigh in. Yup, sold mine for $2800 about this time last year. As for my amps and tube stuff I am filling my current orders and then taking a break from the bench for a while. Building this stuff can make you a bit crazy and its not just the solder fumes and lead poisoning!

wavecircle
Big Audio Sodomite

Post by wavecircle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:03 am

It was Mark Chantler's (Protocol) S-1000. I contacted him about the listing, communication hasn't been great though and it has been pulled again. I bought my D-1000 from him and had no problems with the transaction other than slow communication. It's sort of moot now though as the listing isn't there anymore. He does definitely have an S-1000, there are some great tracks by him on soundcloud using it.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thezyg/ (lots of Serge)

[s]http://bit.ly/2Mekran[/s]

Ciat Lonbarde stuff from many moons ago: http://soundcloud.com/polska-kliknij-muzyka

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:19 am

If it helps at all, we suspect that might be Joshua Jackson or someone similar. He creates a new account, puts up these phony auctions, then someone usually reports him and he gets booted. I assume he manages to scam enough people to justify constantly being kicked.....

tablebeastly
Learning to Wiggle

Apology

Post by tablebeastly » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:57 pm

[original post deleted]

I would like to apologise for drawing people into disputes which I now feel do not belong here based on forum feedback. My intention was purely objective and was to warn members of the music community - particularly those with a love for the esoteric and the creatively unpredictable of a certain risk in dealing commercially with certain members of the community.

I think now is the time to reflect less on the past and look to the future which after all is the only direction in which we are travelling.

Much respect to all of you who frequent this great site and perhaps without realising it provide much support and motivation to us all.

Peace.
Last edited by tablebeastly on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:58 pm

I think that you need to provide greater clarity as to what you are trying to convey.

Between you and Tiny333, it is impossible to ascertain what is going on here, especially with your oddly chosen forum handle.

tablebeastly, if you are going to bother posting, especially if the post's intention is to disparage a person and/or alert people to possible scams, please take the time to better compose your thoughts. I can't tell what you are on about.

coolshirtdotjpg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by coolshirtdotjpg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Yep, soldering tubes does strange things to people.

tablebeastly
Learning to Wiggle

Apology

Post by tablebeastly » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:14 am

[original post deleted]

I would like to apologise for drawing people into disputes which I now feel do not belong here based on forum feedback. My intention was purely objective and was to warn members of the music community - particularly those with a love for the esoteric and the creatively unpredictable of a certain risk in dealing commercially with certain members of the community.

I think now is the time to reflect less on the past and look to the future which after all is the only direction in which we are travelling.

Much respect to all of you who frequent this great site and perhaps without realising it provide much support and motivation to us all.

Peace.
Last edited by tablebeastly on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Duly noted.

It still amazes me how many of the prominent vintage gear "dealers" are either scammers or complete idiots. Scarcity, high demand, general customer/dealer ignorance about the devices, and a lack of price guides or other controls on pricing.

The vintage guitar amp business is worse---and the Fairchild 670 compressor world makes old guitar amps seem like bargains. Currently not unusual for a working 670 with a good set of 6386 tubes (which are also incredibly scarce) to sell for $75k or more.

tablebeastly
Learning to Wiggle

Apology

Post by tablebeastly » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:50 am

[original post deleted]

Peace.
Last edited by tablebeastly on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tablebeastly
Learning to Wiggle

Apology

Post by tablebeastly » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:55 pm

[original post deleted]

Peace.
Last edited by tablebeastly on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Hmm. Guys like this are spread all over the US and Europe.

There's one in Stockton who hits guitar shows in the SF Bay area and the Sacramento Valley with his awkwardly-modified old PA amps and tape-recorder electronics. And makes all kinds of crazy claims for them. OCD is a terrible thing to have--especially if you buy something (expensive) from a sufferer.

Return to “Metasonix”