RAK-3 and other Frac mounting schemes

Blacet, Metalbox, Synthasonic, PAiA and the rest.... a frac frenzy!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

synthcube
you will be assimilated

RAK-3 and other Frac mounting schemes

Post by synthcube » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Good day all
In the midst of unboxing Blacet items that came to us from out west. Of course, a few of those boxes are RAK-3 parts.
Other than the PAIA and DIY versions-- any other frac case manufacturers out there?
We are trying to sort out how tobest offer and price the RAK-3 cases sets we do have , and other case/rack options we should explore

thanks for any feedback
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2SynthCube

synthcube webstore www.synthcube.com/cart
music from outer space: www.musicfromouterspace.com
blacet research: www.blacet.com
MOTM DIY Analog Synthesizers: www.motmsynthesizers.com
music from outer space euro smt: www.mfoseuro.com

chachi
Veteran Wiggler

Re: RAK-3 and other Frac mounting schemes

Post by chachi » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:00 pm

there was of course Rak-2, Blacet’s previous single space rack. definitely prefer it to the Paia, it’s more robust for sure. i like the single space racks better, more flexibility as i intersperse euro and frac rows.

werock
Ultra Wiggler

Post by werock » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:32 pm

I've started using vector rails for my frac cases. As I'm in Europe, shipping costs of Rak-3 were too much. It would be handy if someone made suitability sized frac side cheeks, then you have a low cost solution that can be put in any case. An added bonus would be frac pitch threaded inserts for the vector rails, as those sliding nuts are a pain in the arse.

soup
Veteran Wiggler

Post by soup » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Happy to hear rak-3's may be coming back as I could use another one. There really aren't any other ready made case sources other than Blacet. Bugbrand makes frac cases but they are too shallow for 99% of Blacet and use a smaller power header. John used to also sell rails with rack ears or handles along with the power bits which were nice for making your own case. The ones with handles were great for making smaller desktop cases. I'd love to see them come back.

I think werock's suggestion of 1.5" tapped vector rail inserts would be awesome. I have one case with vector rails and sliding nuts and yeah... :ripbanana:

fluxmonkey
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fluxmonkey » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:22 pm

i've done this, too, and wished that someone supplied just cheeks, compatible w/ standard vector rails...

werock wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:32 pm
I've started using vector rails for my frac cases. As I'm in Europe, shipping costs of Rak-3 were too much. It would be handy if someone made suitability sized frac side cheeks, then you have a low cost solution that can be put in any case. An added bonus would be frac pitch threaded inserts for the vector rails, as those sliding nuts are a pain in the arse.
www.fluxmonkey.com

BUILDER FOR HIRE - kits or custom, email me with your needs

mamonu
90s ambient miscreant!!

Post by mamonu » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:34 pm

suitably sized frac side cheeks would be great
new options than existing ones would be a good idea for frac.this is an unexplored area.
frac & 100m & eurorack (equal opportunities wiggler)
-----------------------------------------------
:blacet: :blacet: fracmodular.github.io :blacet: :blacet:

Return to “Fractional Rack Modules”