Power Switch module?

Blacet, Metalbox, Synthasonic, PAiA and the rest.... a frac frenzy!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

cram1960
Common Wiggler

Power Switch module?

Post by cram1960 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:15 am

I really would like a power switch (on-off) for the front of my rack...does anyone make one?

jorge
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Power Switch module?

Post by jorge » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:32 am

11 years later, did you find any module with a power switch on front?

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:34 pm

I have older Doepfer P6 cabinets that had the power access modules on the front. I don't like it any other way. I am willing to lose the 8HP to have them. The original panels had only the power outlet with integrated power switch. I never liked the wasted space on the panel, so made my own at Front Panel Express. I added USB power and a set of jacks to break out the connections from my QuNexus keyboard (or any other 3.5mm TRS plug).

I don't like the power access on the back or sides because I stacks them or lay them flat sometimes. The cable in front is just easier for me. I use multiple 6U cabinets (4 Doepfer P6 and a couple of homemade skiffs) and I don't always turn them all on when using only 2 or 3 of them. This makes that much easier.

I'm sure making a panel for your format and supply would be pretty easy also.
USB Doepfer panel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

jorge
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jorge » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:07 am

Nice one! Just noticed I'm the wrong forum! should be eurorack.

To be more precise what I need is a power switch module without the power inlet (the switch will connect on the back of the module), all of the existing ones have a power inlet or are a part of some power system afaik. As a 1U even better.

I need it since I built up a 164x14 inside a bookshelf with doors and can't get to the back of the case without much hassle so I'm turning the case on using a power extension, not elegant.

I'm gonna have to make it myself. It's just a simple switch on a plate.

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:11 am

I wouldn't want the AC supply up so close to the panel. A quick search turns up some remote control AC power switches. My search for "remote control AC power switch" found one on ebay for $13. These things use a little key fob to activate them. You could probably DIY that onto a blank panel.
(Sounds)--> :eek:

jorge
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jorge » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:19 pm

You are probably right, fuse being there and all... Safety first. A wired remote could do or a whistle! thanks for the thought.

Return to “Fractional Rack Modules”