TipTop Happy Ending on desktop

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Faastwalker
Common Wiggler

TipTop Happy Ending on desktop

Post by Faastwalker » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:02 am

Anyone using one of these on a desktop and not in a rack? Odd question but how do you stop it skating around on your desktop every time you go near it?! I was thinking I could attach some small, rubber feet. But the metal rack ears are barely 2mm thick so not sure what could be used for this that would be suitable. I thought I might try cutting some strips of elastic band. Might work if the modules have a bit of weight in them to hold the thing down. As is as soon as I touch a control the whole thing slides around al over the place. I have another one in a rack. Was thinking of a bigger / taller rack. But on the desktop this is going to work perfectly if I can keep it in one place;

khakifridge
Veteran Wiggler

Re: TipTop Happy Ending on desktop

Post by khakifridge » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:41 am

Look up "rubbert trim" on eBay and you'll come up with stuff like this, which you can fit over the bottom edge of the HEK ears.

Faastwalker
Common Wiggler

Post by Faastwalker » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:42 am

khakifridge wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:41 am
Look up "rubbert trim" on eBay and you'll come up with stuff like this, which you can fit over the bottom edge of the HEK ears.
Perfect! Thanks for the link. I had something like this in mind but my searches came up blank.
(I didn't really know what to search for to be honest!). Cheers :tu:

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:48 am

I used a combination of leftover floor laminate, gaffa tape, and velcro. It was never going to win any design awards, but it did the job.

KSS
Ultra Wiggler

Post by KSS » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:36 pm

A couple wide gum rubber bands stretched around the end plates top and bottom works well. Also not the best looking, but are functional, quick and inexpensive.

edit: Home store or hardware store vinyl or rubber tubng can be split one side with a single edge razor or X-acto knife to make slip on feet. Make long enough to go up the front and rear of the side plate so the corners will help hold in place. If needed, super glue or silicone glue would make for permanent fixing in place. Done with care, could look quiteprofessional and still be quick and inexpensive.

Severed head
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Severed head » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:51 pm

A piece of tape?
Or maybe Velcro one side one the vertical with an extra .5 in hanging over to flop over 90degrees and grip the counterpart attached to the desk?

But if your dead set on some type of runner feet you could always stick them on a 1/4” strip and then either glue double side tape the strip to the inner edge of the ears. So it wouldn’t be visible but also removable

— sorry I’m not a tape fanatic just seemed like Its a thing that’s at your house and will work just fine.
I had on a slick topped desk
and scotch tape worked just fine one strip in each corner also used blue tape 2” worked fine no residue when removed for either after a few months
WTB: modules, MA35 filter.
:help:

Faastwalker
Common Wiggler

Post by Faastwalker » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:33 am

khakifridge wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:41 am
Did the trick perfectly. It’s not going anywhere now 👍

khakifridge
Veteran Wiggler

Post by khakifridge » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:48 pm

:yay:

Faastwalker
Common Wiggler

Post by Faastwalker » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:43 pm

khakifridge wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:48 pm