1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

oblis
...sigh...

Re: 1010 Music Bitbox - Sampler/Looper

Post by oblis » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:28 pm

Anyone find the home and/or info button to be a tad intermittent in response? I just got my Bitbox and have noticed as I’m pressing them to flip to different screens I have to press a couple of times to get a response every so often...idk, like 10% of the time. On the fence whether I find it bothersome or not...thought I’d check to see if it’s just mine. I notice it more on the info button, but that one tends to get used a lot more.

dykehouse
Common Wiggler

Post by dykehouse » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:44 pm

As others have stated here, I can't get poly to work with Gates following all of the instructions provided here (long sample,Launchmode set to Trigger, long release, poly mode). Anyone have any luck with this?

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:50 pm

oblis wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:28 pm
Anyone find the home and/or info button to be a tad intermittent in response? I just got my Bitbox and have noticed as I’m pressing them to flip to different screens I have to press a couple of times to get a response every so often..
No, this does not sound normal.

But: i´ve seen such behave (of single buttons) on several of my modules.
in most cases would it turn to the better or to the good/normal state.
seems the manufacturers deal with quality issues of the used parts.
And maybe, who knows, would the QC people even expect such button to become normal and might let it slip by plan ?

these buttons need a special massage.
some people say you want to hire the last unicorn to do so ;)
For sale / reduced prices ( swiss (we are NON-EU)/ in case it makes sense_ EU/WW)(CHF +- = $):
lowered prices: Dotcom Q960: 650.- / Q119: 420 / ( i also have one or much likely two 19" Frames)
ATV A-Frame incl. Accu and Bag: 830.-, like new, quasi unused.

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Post by LDT » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:29 am

Just a shout out: Does anybody know of somebody who has/makes black faceplates for Bitbox? I am looking for one...
-Lars

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:38 am

There’s a guy on Facebook selling some. Check the Mostly Modular Synthesizers Garage Sale group.
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549

FS/T: Various Euro:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=221800

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Post by LDT » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:16 am

exper wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:38 am
There’s a guy on Facebook selling some. Check the Mostly Modular Synthesizers Garage Sale group.
:tu:
-Lars

droningspaghettimonster
Veteran Wiggler

Post by droningspaghettimonster » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:01 am

edit
Last edited by droningspaghettimonster on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

RonZacapa
Learning to Wiggle

Post by RonZacapa » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:45 am

I'm having trouble understanding the "Use Modulation to Control Playback" part of the documentation.
I'd like to trigger the slice with a nerdseq and choose which slice is triggered.

In the documentation you can find:
"You can use a Trigger or CV input to control which slice of a Slicer cell will be played on the next note event."
I can trigger the slices from the EXT1 input but I don't understand how to choose which slice is triggered.
Do I have to use the 1V/octave option with a 100% amount?

"Each semitone of voltage level changes the pitch or slice selection by 1".
In this case, which note to start with ?
I'm a bit lost :confused:

scragz
Common Wiggler

Post by scragz » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:16 pm

RonZacapa wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:45 am
I'm having trouble understanding the "Use Modulation to Control Playback" part of the documentation.
I'd like to trigger the slice with a nerdseq and choose which slice is triggered.

"You can use a Trigger or CV input to control which slice of a Slicer cell will be played on the next note event."
I can trigger the slices from the EXT1 input but I don't understand how to choose which slice is triggered.
Do I have to use the 1V/octave option with a 100% amount?

"Each semitone of voltage level changes the pitch or slice selection by 1".
In this case, which note to start with ?
I'm a bit lost :confused:
Press INFO 3 times until you are on the last page. Slice is top right corner. Under that, tap one of the three empty rectangles to assign a modulation source.

RonZacapa
Learning to Wiggle

Post by RonZacapa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:35 am

Press INFO 3 times until you are on the last page. Slice is top right corner. Under that, tap one of the three empty rectangles to assign a modulation source.
Thank you, but I understood that. What I don't understand is how to choose a particular slice using an external sequencer. I don't understand the logic that links a certain modulation to a certain slice.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:39 am

RonZacapa wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:35 am
Thank you, but I understood that. What I don't understand is how to choose a particular slice using an external sequencer. I don't understand the logic that links a certain modulation to a certain slice.
It's no different than how a certain note relates to CV. The slices are laid out on the keybed in order (obviously). Not sure if the manual states what note a certain slice is, but that would be easy to check via a sequencer.

For best latency and overall quality of the slices i do suggest to manually slice the wavs in for example Soundforge (or whatever program you use for wav files) to place markers of each slice. The automatic slicing process is really bad i think. I guess it depends on how tight you need it to be though.

dbeats
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dbeats » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:24 am

RonZacapa wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:35 am
I'm not 100% sure, but according to my exploration it works like this (fw 2.5.2):

- If you select EXT1-8 as mod source for slice and 1V/Oct OFF and Amount 100%, then bitbox maps a 0-5V CV input range to the total number of slices RELATIVELY. So, for example, with only 2 slices total, a 3V CV input would select the second slice, but with 4 slices total it would select the third slice.

- If you select EXT1-8 as mod source for slice and 1V/Oct ON, then bitbox maps a 1-5V CV input range to the slices ABSOLUTELY, in steps of 0.125V: So 1-1.125V always selects the first slice, 1.125-1.25V alwas selects the second slice and so on. All voltages below 1V select the first slice, and all voltages above the last voltage intervall needed select the last slice. So with only 4 slices total, all voltages from 1.375V above select the last of the 4 slices.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 am

I can select 60 individual slices using Voltage Block. I'm making percussion banks where the first hits are low volume or softer acoustic drum hits, and as it progresses it becomes louder and harder, the last percussion hits are very loudly played or even distorted. The first hit or two are either completely silent or just very low in volume, if i want to have a very silent passage.

I'm using just one slider from voltage block to control the 4 banks (each goes to an individual output). This so that it all connects nicely, if the snare is softly played all other percussion is too. Needles to say its a lot of fun for live playing and for getting a really organic sound, it can sound quite natural.

It did take an exceptionally long time to do the banks though, finding what sounds best, matching it up etc. 60 snares, 60 bassdrums, 60 hi-hats and then i have one bank with 60 more random percussion. Next up is doing analog and experimental percussion in a similar way.

dbeats
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dbeats » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:05 am

bemushroomed wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 am
I can select 60 individual slices using Voltage Block.
That's true, and it's cool. But AFAIK it's not possible in 1V/Oct ON mode, only in OFF mode. I need to slightly correct myself above: bitbox maps a 1-5V CV input range to the slices ABSOLUTELY, in steps of 1/12V = 0.08333V of course, not 0.125V. So you'd need 5 octaves to map 60 slices, right, but my bitbox only reacts to 1-5V range, not 0-5V range when 1V/Oct is ON. Probably a small bug, no? With 1V/Oct OFF the effective input range is 0-5V as expected.

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Post by LDT » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 am

Hey Bitbox people!

Does anybody know, if it is possible to load a sample from one card, and then save it to another?

I have discovered, that Bitbox can read samples straight from SD-cards from (Erica) Sample Drum, Morphagene and VPME Quad Drum. But unless we can save the sample to our main Bitbox card, this feature is of no use.
-Lars

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:22 am

dbeats wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:05 am
That's true, and it's cool. But AFAIK it's not possible in 1V/Oct ON mode, only in OFF mode. I need to slightly correct myself above: bitbox maps a 1-5V CV input range to the slices ABSOLUTELY, in steps of 1/12V = 0.08333V of course, not 0.125V. So you'd need 5 octaves to map 60 slices, right, but my bitbox only reacts to 1-5V range, not 0-5V range when 1V/Oct is ON. Probably a small bug, no? With 1V/Oct OFF the effective input range is 0-5V as expected.
Possibly, i don't use the 1V/oct for it, never tried that.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”