Eurorack shops

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

andrewF
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Eurorack shops

Post by andrewF » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:34 am

Store DJ in Perth Aus basically just sell Behringer stuff and a couple of Roland 500 modules....that's it.

Roge Piltoney
Common Wiggler

Post by Roge Piltoney » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:52 am

Nice list!
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Store (in Maryland) has a decent selection and a huge rack set up to play around with.

Edit: oh looks like someone already mentioned this.
Check out my new live performance video series, "Sh'mi". I'll be posting videos every week.
Sh'mi (shuh-MEE) means "my name" in (somewhat archaic) hebrew.
This is an exploration, an active experiment, into the Self.
Experiments in soundscapes, labyrinths, and generative sonic puzzle-songs ensue...

latest video:

Smith_
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Smith_ » Fri May 01, 2020 9:57 am

Hey Guys,

Does anyone knows a shop where i can buy eurorack modules in turkey? I stuck here and would like to order something, but i can’t find anything.

AndyHornBlower
Wiggling with Experience

Post by AndyHornBlower » Fri May 01, 2020 10:25 am

Have you tried ebay, Smith?

I don't feel confident to buy from China, at the moment, but ebay has some sellers in places you might not expect. Etsy is worth a look too. There's a seller in Cyprus... I think. I bought some DIY bus board PCBs that might have come from there; I forget. There might be some in the EU that I don't get shown too.

If there's an ebay site specifically for Turkey, you may well see things I wouldn't see on the .co.uk site, or even the .com. Their search facility has got more and more mysterious, in recent years.

Sync
Common Wiggler

Post by Sync » Sat May 23, 2020 3:10 pm

Is there a separate list for DIY oriented shops? Like thonk, synthcube, etc.? I'm not seeing much in that regard so far in this thread (maybe there just isn't that much?)
--

Sync

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:19 pm

any updates on synth shops regarding on u.s. riots?

second_breakfast
Common Wiggler

Post by second_breakfast » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:00 pm

Has anyone ordered from Modular Square in France recently (that was shipped)? Their update about covid and shipping delays is a little unclear.

GauthierM
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GauthierM » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:20 pm

second_breakfast wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:00 pm
Has anyone ordered from Modular Square in France recently (that was shipped)? Their update about covid and shipping delays is a little unclear.
Hi, ordered an Optomix on April 25th from them and waited 2 weeks before calling.
They told me that they were able to work at the shop only once a week due to the lockdown.

They shipped the article as I pushed back with a phone call, otherwise I would have waited probably longer.
I think they have many delayed orders.

Wasn't my greatest buyer experience, all other shops shipped without significant delay.
I advise you to call them.

second_breakfast
Common Wiggler

Post by second_breakfast » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:46 pm

GauthierM wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:20 pm
second_breakfast wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:00 pm
Hi, ordered an Optomix on April 25th from them and waited 2 weeks before calling.
They told me that they were able to work at the shop only once a week due to the lockdown.

They shipped the article as I pushed back with a phone call, otherwise I would have waited probably longer.
I think they have many delayed orders.

Wasn't my greatest buyer experience, all other shops shipped without significant delay.
I advise you to call them.
Thanks. I think they back in full swing now. I ordered a module and it shipped out same day. :party:

sir stony
Wiggling with Experience

Post by sir stony » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:32 am

Does anyone know what's going on with Scott Rise, a.k.a. Division6?
The website looks much like regular business, but I've ordered update kits about a month ago, and haven't heard a single word since. I've asked two more times via email if the purchase had maybe gone unnoticed or if there was any other problem, and still nothing. Could he have had an accident or is he among the covid victims, even? I'm really worried meanwhile.
WTB: Dovemans SHFT

AndyHornBlower
Wiggling with Experience

Post by AndyHornBlower » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:59 am

sir stony wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:32 am
Does anyone know what's going on with Scott Rise, a.k.a. Division6?
Have you tried antisocial media?

I don't use either of these, myself, or really understand what you're supposed to do with them, but it seems like a small business owner probably would:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/scott.rise

https://twitter.com/ScottRise - that appears to stop in 2009, but maybe that's all I can see without registering for an account, which I'm not going to.

sir stony
Wiggling with Experience

Post by sir stony » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:50 pm

AndyHornBlower wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:59 am
Have you tried antisocial media?

I don't use either of these
Me neither.

But seeing as the Covid situation has reduced holiday and travelling to nearly zero especially in those past two months, I have no idea what would keep someone from attending to his small business for a full month... and just after releasing a major update to a popular product...
:hmm:

Granular
Common Wiggler

Post by Granular » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:32 am

Just want to say how great Synthesizer.gr is. I was looking for the Frap Tools USTA. I was sold out everywhere in Switzerland and Germany. Synthesizer.gr had it in Stock. The Communication with the Shop was very fast. No shipment cost and they didn't charge me the Taxes (I live in Europe but in a non EU Country). The Shipment took about 1 Week. They also send me a litte goodie. NICE.

I really can recommend this Shop!!

Just for comparison. A Shop in Italy wanted to charge me 90 Euro for the Shipment for the USTA and wanted me to pay the Italian Taxes.

sir stony
Wiggling with Experience

Post by sir stony » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:55 pm

I finally got my package from Division 6. It was sent the same day I had placed the order, so that was perfect service. :goo: :tu:
The rest was just the mail taking forever, and that I never got the email answered, no tracking number or anything. :despair:

AndyHornBlower
Wiggling with Experience

Post by AndyHornBlower » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:08 pm

sir stony wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:55 pm
I finally got my package from Division 6...

The rest was just the mail taking forever, and that I never got the email answered, no tracking number or anything. :despair:
I'm glad to hear you got it.

I suppose it's possible their email address, or a server it goes through, has been blacklisted. Not everything makes it as far as your spam folder, sometimes, and some ISPs go too far with spam blocking.

Christopher Winkels
Lord of Tweed Manor

Post by Christopher Winkels » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:17 pm

Moog Audio Toronto is sadly no more. It always had a bit of a precarious location and the current situation was probably the final nail in the coffin. Montreal is still open though.

KirlianNexx
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KirlianNexx » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:35 am

Hi all,

I'll gladly recommend Midician in Belgium to my friends, enemies and everything in between. Alain, who runs the joint, is a very friendly and knowledgeable person, who clearly does this out of love, and it shows!

Went to just repair an old Kurzweil K2000, and he worked miracles... gave it a second life pretty much. It felt like having a totally new instrument!
Five minutes before I left he let me hear a Waldorf NW1 in his amazing studio... AND BANG!

We are about a month later now and I'm the proud owner of a 2U Waldorf/Doepfer-based modular, sold several pieces of regular kit to finance it. Don't regret it a bit. Alain made it a painlessly affair, and I've found my creativity back after years.

So yeah, there are other shops in Belgium like Turnlab who also do modular, but I'm sticking to Midician. :)

Also, *small* detail, he's one of the founders of Antenna Festival (https://www.antennafestival.be/).

Bottom line, Alain ROCKS!!!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”