[RESOLVED] Don't order from Modular 8

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Don't order from Modular 8

Post by ignatius » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:39 pm

Eurocat wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:35 pm
USPS is a mess lately. I hope they go out of business soon. Unreliable shits.
USPS is still the most reliable cost effective delivery solution. it's a public good to have a postal service in any country. before congress passed some stupid laws mandating that USPS always have its pension 300% funded or something stupid like that.. it operated at a more or less break even capacity.. financially speaking. but since their pension system is so fucekd and over funded they lose billions every year.

that being said.. they are the only service provider that works for countless small businesses and rural areas. many businesses would close w/o USPS and many rural areas would be further cut off and isolated.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:43 pm

trickness wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:01 pm
I totally get that Portland is messed up, and that the Postal Service is being intentionally hobbled and is dropping the ball on all sorts of shipments. I shipped some records from New York City to Brooklyn and it took 15 days for them to arrive.

What I don’t get is somebody not responding to phone calls and multiple emails. That’s just not cricket if you are a business and you are taking people’s money for products. If anybody is out of order, it’s definitely not the person complaining that multiple attempts to contact a retailer were ignored. The Postal Service doesn’t control email delivery.
yeah. apparently the phone went dead when phillip had his surgery and somehow slipped his mind to check in on messages.. i'm guessing pain medication played a part in that.

there's a "ping" feature on the homepage that goes direct to him and usually how interactions begin.

but yeah.. this is not or normal way of doing things and we are usually on top of things and make sure customers questions are answered in a timely manner.

i'm glad i saw this thread this morning to get it worked out. hope you are all well and staying safe in these weird times.

target_destroyed
Wiggling with Experience

Post by target_destroyed » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:51 pm

ignatius wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm
also worth mentioning that this could just be sitting in customs. it hasn't been that long for an international shipment even on the same continent.
This. A module I ordered from Russia took nearly 2 months to arrive, with little to no tracking updates until it arrived in the US. It was listed as "arrived at export office" for like 3 weeks, and "arrived at import office" for another week or so with no further updates until it was sitting in my mailbox. Given the state of shipping and business in general due to the pandemic, maybe wait a little longer before getting out the pitchforks..
Last edited by target_destroyed on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:55 pm

target_destroyed wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:51 pm
ignatius wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm
also worth mentioning that this could just be sitting in customs. it hasn't been that long for an international shipment even on the same continent.
This. A module I ordered from Russia took nearly 2 months to arrive, with little to no tracking updates until it arrived in the US. It was listed as "arrived at export office" for over 3 weeks. Given the state of shipping and business in general due to the pandemic, maybe wait a little longer before getting out the pitchforks..
i think the inability to get a response from phillip/modular8 via the normal channels played a part in the frustration boiling over a little. understandable. hopefully it arrives some time and we can chalk it up to fun pandemic adventures! lol.

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:04 pm

Fuck that shit. (Referring to the hope they go out of business comment) In spite of being intentionally hobbled (which we won’t go into cause politics), they are generally doing a pretty good job, at least with Priority Mail. Got something Friday that was shipped from across the country on Tues. Got something today, Saturday that was shipped from BC on Monday, and that had to cross a border.
Everyone has, and has had since before the pandemic, disaster stories involving every shipper, but I do a lot of mail ordering (and some shipping, though I want to do more if people would just buy my modules that I have up for sale!!!) and I’d still pick USPS over any other shipper every time.

Ears
Common Wiggler

Post by Ears » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:34 pm

I want to see USPS succeed. But I think I’ve reached a limit - it’s always been a little risky but it’s a lot worse and this seems to be a feature not a bug.

Right now I have four USPS items that are stuck in various places in the US and there seems to be no way to get any help. One shipped in Mid May and is still stuck somewhere an hour from me according to tracking.

I’m seeing modular vendors remove the USPS option and it’s become clear why. They are tired of being burned when customers don’t get their orders and get mad. If there is a cheap FedEx option I’ll take it, and if there’s not, I have to remind myself I don’t need any more toys.

I doubt I’m alone and it bodes bad for small businesses that are already hanging by a thread, but reality is more and more folks are going to be burned by this. I’m lucky - my lost items are band tshirts and cool new eurorack modules. Compare that to my elderly father who had to go 3 weeks without medical equipment that helps keep him alive - all because of new leadership at the USPS.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Eurocat wrote:

That is a lame statement. They do a far better job than Fed Ex or UPS or numerous trucking companies that I deal with on a daily basis. They are doing fine during this crises.

I recently ordered some parts at work that were shipped via UPS surface from the Midwest to California. Our customer needed their order sooner than we had planned, so I order the same required parts via UPS Next Day Air the very next day. The surface parts showed up sooner than the NDA package which took about a week.
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

sellanraa
Common Wiggler

Post by sellanraa » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:44 pm

Zymos wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:04 pm
Fuck that shit.
Just figured I'd draw emphasis to this point, because fuck that shit.

trickness
Veteran Wiggler

Post by trickness » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:57 pm

sellanraa wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:44 pm
Zymos wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:04 pm
Fuck that shit.
Just figured I'd draw emphasis to this point, because fuck that shit.
And I'll triple down on that, because USPS gone = we all get fucked by Fedex and USPS. Plus they usually do a pretty good job when they're not dealing with a global plague

savethisrocketship
Veteran Wiggler

Post by savethisrocketship » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:27 pm

Chiming in to say that USPS has been historically way more reliable than either FedEx (ever have to try to actually get ahold of someone? Ugh) or UPS on my end... however things are a mess everywhere right now.

It took about 6 weeks to get a package from NLC in Australia to me in NYS - and as consumers there’s that weird point where you don’t want to be pushy, but you also don’t want to miss your opportunity for action if something DID slip through the cracks/go wrong. Thankfully in my case NLC was super responsive & the delays were just the situation that all international shipments were experiencing at that time (which was totally understandable). I can imagine feeling really burned in a situation where the seller is unresponsive, though.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:28 pm

I recently sent a module from Australia to NY, 5 days. Via USPS (on the states side)

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:34 pm

I don't think you can blame the shipping companies too much at this time (although I just got a package in a record 3 days from South Korea to Philippines via DHL but I think it was because it was an "essential COVID item").

A lot of shipping was normally handled by passenger aircraft as well as cargo aircraft. With the reduction of passenger flights it's obviously going to be difficult for shipping companies who are going to be hit with backlogs due to logistics bottlenecks and also dealing with increased online ordering, so perhaps cut them a little slack.

gran_syth
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gran_syth » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:47 am

Considering the shop actually giving a refund, this thread should be renamed.

Eurocat
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Eurocat » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:48 am

In the past month I’ve had 6 packages lost from USPS. These were 3 that I had send out and 3 that I had ordered from music stores. Fuck them they’ll never get another penny from me. At least with Fed Ex or UPS you can track their stuff. USPS are literally clueless. I’ve lost all respect for them and yeah I hope they go out of business

Rigo
Chief Spam Killer

Re: [RESOLVED] Don't order from Modular 8

Post by Rigo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:55 am

I added [RESOLVED] to the thread title; if the OP wants to use different words ... go ahead. As long as it clarifies the situation.

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:40 am

To the person who wishes that usps would go out of business, do you have any awareness of that people actually rely on the postal service for delivering things other than just expensive toys?
“no matter how fine you grind the dead meat, you’ll not bring it to life again“

adaris
Wiggling with Experience

Post by adaris » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:22 am

Eurocat wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:48 am
In the past month I’ve had 6 packages lost from USPS. These were 3 that I had send out and 3 that I had ordered from music stores. Fuck them they’ll never get another penny from me. At least with Fed Ex or UPS you can track their stuff. USPS are literally clueless. I’ve lost all respect for them and yeah I hope they go out of business
The USPS delivery people in my area are generally great. And I track packages through USPS all the time, as do many other people. I will take them over FedEx every time.
Last edited by adaris on Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

adaris
Wiggling with Experience

Post by adaris » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:27 am

onthebandwagon wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:40 am
To the person who wishes that usps would go out of business, do you have any awareness that people actually rely on the postal service for delivering things other than just expensive toys?
+1

JoshuaTSP
Common Wiggler

Post by JoshuaTSP » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:28 am

My heart skipped a beat. I just ordered a dual Borg Friday.
Hopefully USPS doesn't mess mine up too.

Gyroscope
Wiggling with Experience

Re: [RESOLVED] You can order safely from Modular 8

Post by Gyroscope » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 am

Just to reply to the posters accusing me of having acted prematuredly with the thread title and content, I created a thread here on Muff Wiggler on the 27th of July (11 days after I had ordered). The title was "Is Modular 8 still open?". Nobody replied in that one.

I wish this thread could be deleted because once communication was established the problem was fixed very promptly. I didn't know we could modify thread titles so here goes.

DCDanno
Common Wiggler

Post by DCDanno » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:51 am

onthebandwagon wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:40 am
To the person who wishes that usps would go out of business, do you have any awareness that people actually rely on the postal service for delivering things other than just expensive toys?
+2

Following that reasoning, let's hope (Walmart, Amazon, Target, or other retailer of your choosing who made a mistake or somehow offended you) goes out of business. Because less competition is always good for the consumer. Oh, and fuck all the workers who would lose their jobs.

If you don't like a particular business, stop spending your money with them.

Ears
Common Wiggler

Re: [RESOLVED] You can order safely from Modular 8

Post by Ears » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:07 am

Gyroscope wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 am
I wish this thread could be deleted because once communication was established the problem was fixed very promptly. I didn't know we could modify thread titles so here goes.
Thank you for trying to fix that - not sure it’s better, so maybe someone can help with some how to guidance? And yeah, some times people only respond to bombast which is unfortunate.

ZenitSar
Common Wiggler

Post by ZenitSar » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:28 am

Sounds kinda like bs to me. I've gotten several packages without any unusual delays and my work ships stuff daily with no problems reported from customers across the US and Canada. The usps is working fine from that experience. Not replying to emails or calls is no bueno.

ZenitSar - Solo modular
CV - SciFi Rock

tioJim
Ultra Wiggler

Post by tioJim » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:38 am

Eurocat wrote:
Hold on
Eurocat wrote:
USPS is a mess
There you go, fixed it for you :hihi:

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:49 am

Locked for clean-up.

EDIT: After a clean-up of politics and personal attacks I'm keeping this thread locked. The matter is resolved and the ensuing discussion about the postal service has been polemic and inescapably political.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”