VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

The Junglechrist
Ultra Wiggler

Post by The Junglechrist » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:39 am

Hey there ! Here is a new Patch From Scratch with my mostly Verbos system :

[video][/video]

Stazma The Junglechrist / Repeat Eater: http://stazmathejunglechrist.com/

My label Concrete Collage : https://concretecollage.bandcamp.com/

Wired Brain Video Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4pym ... vkKp6ofzVA

advrsry
Common Wiggler

Post by advrsry » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:06 am

thebends9 wrote:
advrsry wrote:Unfortunately neither the Seq Selector nor Control Voltage Processor pop up
often on the second hand market.
viewtopic.php?t=223628
Ehhh, all the best things happen while I am asleep :/

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:37 am

I know people say some of the verbos have problems with bleed/noise and drift.

does anyone have the newest release HO?
and have they have any of these known problems?
WTB:, MA35 filter. -Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:14 am

Severed head wrote:I know people say some of the verbos have problems with bleed/noise and drift.

ive got a somewhat new one, i think youre good to go with new versions... it drifts very slightly just like many analog oscillators, but i find it benefits from a longer warmup time also.

my experience is that all verbos modules work best from a good quality power system, and a lot of the issues ive read about are related to poorly powered systems.

Hansi026
Common Wiggler

Post by Hansi026 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Severed head wrote:I know people say some of the verbos have problems with bleed/noise and drift.

got a new one (my first one) 3-4 weeks ago, no problems !

;-)

zerodivide
Wiggling with Experience

Post by zerodivide » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:31 am

recently got Amplitude & Tone Controller and I'm blown away by how amazing it sounds. Curious now about more Verbos stuff

Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:44 am

Just received my HO. Seems like loads of fun will be had.

belsina
Common Wiggler

Post by belsina » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:57 am

No HO here but Amp&Tone, CO, DFP, Mult. Env., Scan&Pan and Seq. Selector.

My DFP and the Scan&Pan have a little white Noise and my Scan&Pan have a small bleed from Neighbourchannel. (If nothing plugged in a channel and i raise the slider it bleeds from the channel left of it (Width and Center full CCW))

And yes, PSU matters. No problems with my Doepfer PSU2, but with uZeus lots of DC bleed from other modules.

In summary Verbos sounds fantastic. It has character and my next modules will be more Verbos.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 am

zerodivide wrote:recently got Amplitude & Tone Controller and I'm blown away by how amazing it sounds. Curious now about more Verbos stuff
Yes. :love:

Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:50 am

My DFP also has a lot of bleed on the HPF. I sent it back to Verbos, they checked it, and now it still bleeds but a bit less. That's just how it is and part of the charm I guess.

And again, the PSU DOES matter. My first Meanwell PSU made my DFP impossible to use. My friend's uZeus helped a bit, and now it works really well because I'm on a Row Power 40. I'd rather pay more for a good PSU than for most modules.

doublestewart
Common Wiggler

Post by doublestewart » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 pm

I have the HO, ATC, VMS, Random Sampling, Scan & Pan and seq selector from Verbos. I used to have them powered with the 4ms row power 40, and just switched over to an intellijel performance case and they have all performed well with minimal bleed/noise with both power supplies.

Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Illwiggle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:36 pm

Got the CO, HO, VMS, Multi Env, SS, ATC, BARK, & Multi Delay all in a Pitts Structure EP-360 case that is completely full, w/analog & digital; silent as a redwood grove.
FWIW

youhave13hours
Learning to Wiggle

Post by youhave13hours » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:59 pm

I couldn’t resist posting this here, it’s been months in the making. I went a little overboard with the rogan knobs and hex nuts hahaha

More pics and vids on insta if you’re curious

https://instagram.com/dreamhairdreammac ... fg54dk4xra

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1027220

Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:00 am

That's not intense, that's gorgeous. If it feels like a complete instrument to you then you did it right. I also put Rogans on every module I get (it makes everything sound better, right?) and won't get a module unless it comes with a black panel or a black replacement for it is available. I need to feel like I'm using an instrument and your case sur does look like one.

I'll follow you on IG!

belsina
Common Wiggler

Post by belsina » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:54 am

youhave13hours wrote:Image

I couldn’t resist posting this here, it’s been months in the making. I went a little overboard with the rogan knobs and hex nuts hahaha

Good to know i´m not alone. Such a nice Setup! Thats what i´m going to.
belsina wrote:(..)If nothing (was) plugged in a channel and i raise the slider it bleeds from the channel left (or right) of it (Width and Center full CCW))
(..)
Can anyone confirm the bleed from the Scan&Pan i described please?! I could reproduce the bleed at SchneidersLaden, but the PSU in the case was a cheap one. Lots of needless bleeds...

PS: the bleed is distinct with Headphones

BrokenBo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BrokenBo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:01 am

i have a scan & pan and have no bleed.

doublestewart
Common Wiggler

Post by doublestewart » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:47 am

youhave13hours wrote:

Never apologize for excessive rogan knob use! It's beautiful! :love:

doublestewart
Common Wiggler

Post by doublestewart » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:48 am

BrokenBo wrote:i have a scan & pan and have no bleed.
Same here
Last edited by doublestewart on Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul_N
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Paul_N » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:00 pm

My beloved Verbos suitcase. I really dig the modules, but I want to put them into a smaller form factor, most likely a Halliburton briefcase as opposed to suitcase. [/img]

Paul_N
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Paul_N » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:07 pm

I’m curious to know if anyone has managed to recreate the the buchla bongo patch w/Verbos modules. I tried recently and haven’t quite been able to get the sound when sending an envelope into the ATC from the multi-envelope.

I’ve FM’d the CO into the ATC and used the DAHR envelopes with a touch of decay / release, triggered by the gate output coming off the multi-stage. I get close, but still haven’t come close to the sharp twang I’ve heard on buchla patches. I’ve adjusted the modulation index on the CO to no avail, and tried sending the envelope into the linear CV input on the ATC, as well as the exponential frequency CV input. Cutoff on the ATC has been at 9 o’clock or less.

zerodivide
Wiggling with Experience

Post by zerodivide » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:07 pm

Paul_N wrote:I’m curious to know if anyone has managed to recreate the the buchla bongo patch w/Verbos modules. I tried recently and haven’t quite been able to get the sound when sending an envelope into the ATC from the multi-envelope.

I’ve FM’d the CO into the ATC and used the DAHR envelopes with a touch of decay / release, triggered by the gate output coming off the multi-stage. I get close, but still haven’t come close to the sharp twang I’ve heard on buchla patches. I’ve adjusted the modulation index on the CO to no avail, and tried sending the envelope into the linear CV input on the ATC, as well as the exponential frequency CV input. Cutoff on the ATC has been at 9 o’clock or less.
I literally just got the Verbos CO today and I've spent all week trying to do Buchla Bongo type shit. So my next mission is to try it with the Verbos CO. Ill report back on my progress. Though I don't have the multistage. Just Maths

The Junglechrist
Ultra Wiggler

Post by The Junglechrist » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:52 am

Paul_N wrote:I’m curious to know if anyone has managed to recreate the the buchla bongo patch w/Verbos modules. I tried recently and haven’t quite been able to get the sound when sending an envelope into the ATC from the multi-envelope.

The best result I had with the ATC is by leaving it fully open on the VCA, filter cutoff to minimu with no resonance, and send it super snappy envellope to open it, the vactrol will ring a little bit and make your "bongo" more natural.

Stazma The Junglechrist / Repeat Eater: http://stazmathejunglechrist.com/

My label Concrete Collage : https://concretecollage.bandcamp.com/

Wired Brain Video Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4pym ... vkKp6ofzVA

Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:13 am

Yesterday, I asked a friend who has the Scan & Pan whether his one was bleeding when he used it, he said no, not at all.

belsina
Common Wiggler

Post by belsina » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:52 am

Thank you all...

To clarify the bleed: i hear it only with headphones and the closed channel (with signal) has gain fully open. Its very, very gentle... but its there. ;)

organon
Common Wiggler

Post by organon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:56 am

One problem with HO calibration is that it doesn’t have a multi turn trimpot for calibration, it’s just a single turn. It’s a very odd design choice. That trimpot is ultra sensitive and gets miscalibrated just by looking at it.
The bigger problem I have with the HO is the swarm of bees that seems to live inside of it. The triangle core is horribly buzzy and it gets worse as you go to the higher harmonies. I posted previously about it here in this thread and many people have reported it.
Still I love what the HO does and there’s no real alternatives to it. But if anyone could confirm that these problems are fixed in the latest revision I would buy a factory fresh one in a heartbeat.
facts are the new opium for the people

Return to “Eurorack Modules”