VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
dros3raq
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:10 am
Location: US

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by dros3raq » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:07 pm

mritenburg wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:54 pm
nodog wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:02 pm
I'm planning on getting the Multi-Envelope. Now I'm a bit put off by all these stories of needing to have a "matching" power-supply.
You don’t need a ‘matching’ power supply, you need a power supply with good linear regulation. The Doepfer PSU2 was a true, linear power supply, and my first choice for powering Verbos modules. The Doepfer PSU3 is a switching power supply with good linear regulation. Also a good choice for powering Verbos modules.

Just research your power supply options and choose a supply that is documented as having good linear regulation.
:hail: :hail: :hail:
Thank you. Using a non switching linear PSU brought my Touchplate Keyboard back to life :)

headroom
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:49 pm
Location: NZ

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by headroom » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:30 am

shanebroderick wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:33 pm
Does anyone use Befaco's Rampage successfully in a Verbos system as an alternative to the multi envelope?
Not as a replacement but I use Rampages, a Muxlicer and VC ADSRs. Pretty much all outputs on the Befacos are 10v which work very well with Verbos.

I use Doepfer PSU3s with a mixture of digital and analog and no complaints. I have around -80, -85dB noise floor which isn't too bad (i think). It was closer to -65 or -70 with Meanwells but they worked fine too mostly (although I can't really compare because I rewired everything when I moved to the Doepfers).

I would also add that I haven't had any issues with Verbos modules (all bought new within the last few years), and the one time I contacted support was answered within a few hours.

User avatar
deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:25 pm

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by deltaAquarii » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:17 am

made a new track, only soundsource besides piano is complex osc + amplitude & tone ( with help of ma 35 & lxd )


User avatar
The Junglechrist
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:10 am
Location: Alpes de Haute Provence
Contact:

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by The Junglechrist » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:58 am

deltaAquarii wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:17 am
made a new track, only soundsource besides piano is complex osc + amplitude & tone ( with help of ma 35 & lxd )

Nice one, very well done !

As i'm in promo mode at the moment with my new album coming out why not share this track here, all the short FM percussions are from my Complex Oscillator into QMMG (Quadra from Intellijel as an envelope), and i'm pretty sure the acid like bassline is the CO into a Dr.Octature filter :



Stazma The Junglechrist / Repeat Eater: http://stazmathejunglechrist.com/

My label Concrete Collage : https://concretecollage.bandcamp.com/

Wired Brain Video Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4pym ... vkKp6ofzVA

Nutritional Zero
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:57 am

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Nutritional Zero » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:41 pm

Okay that’s a revolting image and probably part of the reason MW is a ghetto. Congrats you turd.

On a more fucking relevant note I played a show last night which heavily featured the Verbos Harmonic Oscillator.

Manufacturers throw around terms like “performance-ready” and “performative” like it’s nothing. But when you’ve already had four pints of beer and you’re squinting down at your rig in near darkness... Verbos is just about the most reliable thing there is. And it sounds great on a big sound system.
2A29847B-B73F-40B6-AB1B-EB053840DBE0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
rew_
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:32 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by rew_ » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:40 pm

Nutritional Zero wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:41 pm
Okay that’s a revolting image and probably part of the reason MW is a ghetto. Congrats you turd.
calm down, officer
whoosy boxes / zoomy panels

User avatar
damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1663
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am
Location: Texas

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by damase » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:01 pm

The Junglechrist wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:58 am
why not share this track here, ...
cool track, very well produced.
while indulgence is going on, can i ask what the delay/beat repeat is made with? it sounds very clean

User avatar
Kummer
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Kummer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:37 pm

rew_ wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:40 pm
Nutritional Zero wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:41 pm
Okay that’s a revolting image and probably part of the reason MW is a ghetto. Congrats you turd.
calm down, officer
I know, right...
I AM THAT I AM

User avatar
gonkulator
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:56 pm
Location: Edmonds, WA, USA

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by gonkulator » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:52 pm

Nutritional Zero wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:41 pm
Okay that’s a revolting image
Yup, can't look at it.
Racks
Solaris Site
Stuff for sale
Stuff for sale shown on Modulargrid
WTB: Black panels


Unflappably nonchalant, with some exceptions

User avatar
The Junglechrist
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:10 am
Location: Alpes de Haute Provence
Contact:

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by The Junglechrist » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:42 am

damase wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:01 pm
The Junglechrist wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:58 am
why not share this track here, ...
cool track, very well produced.
while indulgence is going on, can i ask what the delay/beat repeat is made with? it sounds very clean
All the beats (even tho some of them I created with euro modules) are heavily edited in Live, so the beat repeat stuff are either "hand" edited or, in the case of the delay that are applied on the snares from 1.45ish, it is the Instant Delay from Unfiltered Audio :
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... delay.html


Stazma The Junglechrist / Repeat Eater: http://stazmathejunglechrist.com/

My label Concrete Collage : https://concretecollage.bandcamp.com/

Wired Brain Video Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4pym ... vkKp6ofzVA

User avatar
BrokenBo
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:40 am
Location: Vienna

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by BrokenBo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:53 pm

the DFP seems to be less featured in the recent verbos videos and showcases.often times its not even installed in the case. anyone knows if it will be discontinued due to vactrol unavailability or any other reason?

i always wanted to try this module out but never did...

advrsry
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:44 am
Location: Modular Grid

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by advrsry » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:01 am

I think it just can't fit into the case 🤷

User avatar
Triglav
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:42 pm
Location: Budapest
Contact:

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Triglav » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:06 am

BrokenBo wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:53 pm
the DFP seems to be less featured in the recent verbos videos and showcases.often times its not even installed in the case. anyone knows if it will be discontinued due to vactrol unavailability or any other reason?

i always wanted to try this module out but never did...
The vactrols on the DFP are not really essential, they just slew the resonance control.

User avatar
Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:17 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 am

BrokenBo wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:53 pm
the DFP seems to be less featured in the recent verbos videos and showcases.often times its not even installed in the case. anyone knows if it will be discontinued due to vactrol unavailability or any other reason?

i always wanted to try this module out but never did...
I though the same... so I bought one second hand recently. It's one of those Verbos modules that's easy to find second hand, quite cheap too. I guess it's because it's quite big, odd sized and the stereo filter craze may be more alluring. I got a rev5, It's noisy but very reasonably so, no bleed that I can tell. The sound of the lowpass is completely different from the ATC but where it really shines is in the interaction of both filters and use of these four cv inputs. I've had limited time with it so far but I'm really enjoying it. If you ever wished the big knob on the ATC was for the filter frequency then you know what to do :)

User avatar
Hansi026
Common Wiggler
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 pm
Location: köln

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Hansi026 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi guys,

I got my new DFP today !

Is this behaviour normal (at 00:10) when adjusting the hipass and the resonance as seen at the video ?


:hmm:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hansi026
Common Wiggler
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 pm
Location: köln

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Hansi026 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Hansi026 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 pm
Hi guys,

I got my new DFP today !

Is this behaviour normal (at 00:10) when adjusting the hipass and the resonance as seen at the video ?


:hmm:
... and the back side looks is totally different :despair:

User avatar
Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:44 am
Location: Bdx, France.

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Hansi026 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 pm
Hi guys,

I got my new DFP today !

Is this behaviour normal (at 00:10) when adjusting the hipass and the resonance as seen at the video ?


:hmm:
Sounds like you're good for an email to Verbos and ask them. Fortunately, your video is very clear and straight to the point. They'll be able to tell you what's going on.

My DFP doesn't do this but it's a very quirky module and I've come to terms with accepting it as such (and I sent it back for "repair" too, although I believe the guy I bought it from on MG knew the HPF on mine also behaved oddly and gave me a lame excuse when I confronted him about it afterwards.)

User avatar
mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:17 pm
Location: Boston

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by mritenburg » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:54 pm

Hansi026 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:24 pm
Hansi026 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 pm
Hi guys,

I got my new DFP today !

Is this behaviour normal (at 00:10) when adjusting the hipass and the resonance as seen at the video ?


:hmm:
... and the back side looks is totally different :despair:

It looks like you are getting a bandpass peak in an early frequency. I noticed the resonance on your low pass side is all the down - see if setting the resonance the same on both sides moves the peak. There’s also couple other things to check.

1. try just the hi pass output to see if you get smoother response without that peak

2. make sure you have configured the module to work correctly as a band pass filter - sweeping one side of the filter will not produce the results you expect. The instructions are in the info card. You have to sweep both frequency ranges to get the bandpass results you expect.

"The output of the hipass filter is normalled to the input of
the lowpass section. If two control voltages are multed to
one c.v. input on each filter, with one c.v. set to fully
clockwise on both sides and the other c.v. set fully
clockwise on lowpass and fully counter-clockwise on
hipass... The module will act as a four pole bandpass filter."

3. try attenuating the input. I get smooth and cleaner response from my DFP when I attenuate the signal going in.

4. check just the low pass side, do you get smooth response there?
Disappointment with any module is usually a failure of imagination.

Post-Synthwave Track


User avatar
Hansi026
Common Wiggler
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 pm
Location: köln

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Hansi026 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:50 pm

mritenburg wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:54 pm
Hansi026 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:24 pm
Hansi026 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 pm
Hi guys,

I got my new DFP today !

Is this behaviour normal (at 00:10) when adjusting the hipass and the resonance as seen at the video ?


:hmm:
... and the back side looks is totally different :despair:

It looks like you are getting a bandpass peak in an early frequency. I noticed the resonance on your low pass side is all the down - see if setting the resonance the same on both sides moves the peak. There’s also couple other things to check.

1. try just the hi pass output to see if you get smoother response without that peak

2. make sure you have configured the module to work correctly as a band pass filter - sweeping one side of the filter will not produce the results you expect. The instructions are in the info card. You have to sweep both frequency ranges to get the bandpass results you expect.

"The output of the hipass filter is normalled to the input of
the lowpass section. If two control voltages are multed to
one c.v. input on each filter, with one c.v. set to fully
clockwise on both sides and the other c.v. set fully
clockwise on lowpass and fully counter-clockwise on
hipass... The module will act as a four pole bandpass filter."

3. try attenuating the input. I get smooth and cleaner response from my DFP when I attenuate the signal going in.

4. check just the low pass side, do you get smooth response there?
Thanks for your tipps !

I try this:
I'm overdrive the input of the DFP hipass in with the ATC and it's sounds much better, weird ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Hansi026
Common Wiggler
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 pm
Location: köln

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Hansi026 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:17 pm

Euro Trash Bazooka wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:53 pm
Hansi026 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 pm
Hi guys,

I got my new DFP today !

Is this behaviour normal (at 00:10) when adjusting the hipass and the resonance as seen at the video ?


:hmm:
Sounds like you're good for an email to Verbos and ask them. Fortunately, your video is very clear and straight to the point. They'll be able to tell you what's going on.

My DFP doesn't do this but it's a very quirky module and I've come to terms with accepting it as such (and I sent it back for "repair" too, although I believe the guy I bought it from on MG knew the HPF on mine also behaved oddly and gave me a lame excuse when I confronted him about it afterwards.)
I've send them an email, with the Vimeo link ;-)

User avatar
MindMachine
weekend warrior
Posts: 6660
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am
Location: Santa Susana Field Lab

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by MindMachine » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:26 pm

Nutritional Zero wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:41 pm
Okay that’s a revolting image and probably part of the reason MW is a ghetto. Congrats you turd.
Feel free to exit the ghetto after you tell his mom on him.

Junglechrist rocks.
FS: SP-555 Sampler, Pedals, ASol SQ8 - CHEAP!!!
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

User avatar
Godphaser
Common Wiggler
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Godphaser » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:06 pm



Live performance for the New York Modular Society with heavy use of the Verbos Harmonic Oscillator.

User avatar
Hansi026
Common Wiggler
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 pm
Location: köln

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Hansi026 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:07 am

Hansi026 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:50 pm
mritenburg wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:54 pm
Hansi026 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:24 pm
Hansi026 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:33 pm
Hi guys,

I got my new DFP today !

Is this behaviour normal (at 00:10) when adjusting the hipass and the resonance as seen at the video ?


:hmm:
... and the back side looks is totally different :despair:

It looks like you are getting a bandpass peak in an early frequency. I noticed the resonance on your low pass side is all the down - see if setting the resonance the same on both sides moves the peak. There’s also couple other things to check.

1. try just the hi pass output to see if you get smoother response without that peak

2. make sure you have configured the module to work correctly as a band pass filter - sweeping one side of the filter will not produce the results you expect. The instructions are in the info card. You have to sweep both frequency ranges to get the bandpass results you expect.

"The output of the hipass filter is normalled to the input of
the lowpass section. If two control voltages are multed to
one c.v. input on each filter, with one c.v. set to fully
clockwise on both sides and the other c.v. set fully
clockwise on lowpass and fully counter-clockwise on
hipass... The module will act as a four pole bandpass filter."

3. try attenuating the input. I get smooth and cleaner response from my DFP when I attenuate the signal going in.

4. check just the low pass side, do you get smooth response there?
Thanks for your tipps !

I try this:
I'm overdrive the input of the DFP hipass in with the ATC and it's sounds much better, weird ?
Hi mritenburg,

(If I raise the level with the ATC up to the maximum, the problem is gone, but it can't be the right one.)

I have tried your suggestions 1-4, but the issue remains !
The lowpass side works, but the sound becomes pretty quiet when the resonance is turned up 100%, i think this is normal ?! :roll:

Anyway, I send the DFP back to the dealer/Verbos to fix it:

Cheers :guinness:

------------------------------------
Video with lower input sound.



Edit: Tom from verbos wrote me back yesterday (wow that was fast, i contact verbos on the last saturday) !! :tu: I should use the hipass out and check if the problem is gone ... unfortunately not.
Last edited by Hansi026 on Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shanebroderick
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: Boston

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by shanebroderick » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Can anyone recommend a few modules or a sequential switch that would work well to expand sequences on my VMS?
I do not have room in my case for the Sequence Selector and feeling limited to the 8 steps. A Doepfer a-151 and clock divider?

User avatar
mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:17 pm
Location: Boston

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by mritenburg » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:01 pm

shanebroderick wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:43 pm
Can anyone recommend a few modules or a sequential switch that would work well to expand sequences on my VMS?
I do not have room in my case for the Sequence Selector and feeling limited to the 8 steps. A Doepfer a-151 and clock divider?
The A-151 is a good, simple choice in 4HP. The A-160/161 clock divider combo is also nice. I have the A-160/161 in my rig next to my Verbos VMS.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”