VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: VERBOS ELECTRONICS

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:40 pm

Never had a Furthrrrr but the CO is incredible... and quite different from the FO. Also the layout is the best of all the euro complex oscillators in my opinion.

geoffmar
Common Wiggler

Post by geoffmar » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:40 pm
Never had a Furthrrrr but the CO is incredible... and quite different from the FO. Also the layout is the best of all the euro complex oscillators in my opinion.
How much crossover is there between the CO and the FO? I only ask because space is limited in my 6U case. If I brought in the CO the FO might have to go. Which i'm fine with since it seems much more flexible. The sound on the FO is outstanding so I assume the same for the CO.

Puscha
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Puscha » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:57 pm

lohacker wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:34 am
Puscha wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:23 am
Just released my new album earlier today that is oozing with Harmonic Oscillator! Minimalist, cinematic ambient music:

The 5th track, Condemnate was a fully improvised one take performance with the HO, going through a long delay on Mimeophon to create a sense of polyphony. This thing has so much sound!

This module really is the Verbos gateway drug, in the last two months I've sold off a lot to make room for the Complex Oscillator, Multi-Delay, Mini Horse in Black Box, Foundation Oscillator, a Bark Filter on the way, and will pick up a Noise Filter too, spread across two cases. Just excellent tonal quality!

Finding that Verbos works very well with Mannequins modules.
Great album congrats :yay:
I can hear some Just Friends rhythmic modulations on 2nd and 5th track, right?
Thank you! :love:

There is Just Friends in those tracks, but used as an envelope generator (multiple outs, each triggered separately but with shared controls, yum!) and for more standard LFOs. I think what you're referring to was created by the use of clocked, polyrhythmic delays :smile:

A.S.
Common Wiggler

Post by A.S. » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:38 am

geoffmar wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:04 pm
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:40 pm
How much crossover is there between the CO and the FO? I only ask because space is limited in my 6U case. If I brought in the CO the FO might have to go. Which i'm fine with since it seems much more flexible. The sound on the FO is outstanding so I assume the same for the CO.
they're totally different in sound and modulation approach, i would say. the sound (modulation) of the fo is more dramatic, the co more subtle.it's a bit like comparing the co tot he ho. there are similarities, but the sound is quite different.
it's never straight up and down

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:20 am

They are quite different indeed. Of course the CO is more versatile, it's two oscillators, more parameters etc... With both you've got quite the palette of sounds.

geoffmar
Common Wiggler

Post by geoffmar » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:56 pm

Does anyone have one of the new amp+tone modules they don't like that wants to get rid of it in NA?

Edit: i ended up snagging one from Juno and also the furthrrrr generator. the CO looks great but i'll give this one a shot first and if i don't gel with it i'll swap it for that!

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:55 am

Have fun with your new complex oscillator ! I don't think any of them are bad really :)

Speaking of complex, CO here on the main riff here, with a underlying feedback of multi delay :

geoffmar
Common Wiggler

Post by geoffmar » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:19 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:55 am
Have fun with your new complex oscillator ! I don't think any of them are bad really :)

Speaking of complex, CO here on the main riff here, with a underlying feedback of multi delay :

Sounds great, my next module to complete my case is definitely going to be the multi delay.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:53 am

Thanks ! It's a very inspiring module.

Cranking the distortion everywhere I can with this one. Pretty happy with the guitar-like tone of the CO into the RML Fuzz Custom. Also FO into Bark into T-Res II for dub delays.

geoffmar
Common Wiggler

Post by geoffmar » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Ordered the Multi delay, finished up my 6U, excited to start making some TECHNO

A.S.
Common Wiggler

Post by A.S. » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:15 am

supposedly, using 2 bark filters for vocoding would increase its intelligibility. i think i have read about this, somewhere here, but i can't find it.

what are the connections and settings to sude, if you want to get 1 bark to carry the other to improve intelligibility? i'd like to give it a try and see if it's worth hanging on to the 2nd bark filter. thanks for any help & suggestions...
it's never straight up and down

tedcri
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tedcri » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:31 am

Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 17.59.41.png
Just finished my 12u 84hp full Verbos set up after years of mixed set ups. My first Verbos was the multi delay and Bark, then i swapped my DPO for a Complex, after that i just sold everything i had to finance a full Verbos system. Could not be happier!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yellowecho
Common Wiggler

Post by yellowecho » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:42 pm

tedcri wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:31 am
Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 17.59.41.pngJust finished my 12u 84hp full Verbos set up after years of mixed set ups. My first Verbos was the multi delay and Bark, then i swapped my DPO for a Complex, after that i just sold everything i had to finance a full Verbos system. Could not be happier!
Beautiful setup! I'm in the process of doing the same 8-) I have an 84hp Verbos case and looking to sell my Shared System soon to fund a second 84hp case. My workflow is opposite of yours though.. I have my MS and envelopes to the left of the HO.

yellowecho
Common Wiggler

Post by yellowecho » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:47 pm

Multi-delay owners: Can you help explain the inputs for +1oct and Reverb?? I feel like I've tried everything with these two and I don't quite understand what it's doing. If audio goes into the Reverb, is it bypassing the +1oct? If it goes into the +1oct, is it only going through the 8th tap with no octave change? I'm at a loss here and the manual is super vague.

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:00 pm

yellowecho wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:47 pm
Multi-delay owners: Can you help explain the inputs for +1oct and Reverb?? I feel like I've tried everything with these two and I don't quite understand what it's doing. If audio goes into the Reverb, is it bypassing the +1oct? If it goes into the +1oct, is it only going through the 8th tap with no octave change? I'm at a loss here and the manual is super vague.
Those are delay feedback inputs that are normalled connections if nothing is patched into them. +1 is a pitch shifter if nothing is patched in. Reverb is normalled to tap 8 output if nothing is patched in. Anything you patch into them will break the normalization. Basically they are most useful as open feedback loops if you patch them to various tap outputs. You can insert other modules like filters or distortion into the delay feedback loop if you choose.
Disappointment with any module is usually a failure of imagination.

Ummm, I guess you would call it techno.

yellowecho
Common Wiggler

Post by yellowecho » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:58 pm

mritenburg wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:00 pm
yellowecho wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:47 pm
Those are delay feedback inputs that are normalled connections if nothing is patched into them. +1 is a pitch shifter if nothing is patched in. Reverb is normalled to tap 8 output if nothing is patched in. Anything you patch into them will break the normalization. Basically they are most useful as open feedback loops if you patch them to various tap outputs. You can insert other modules like filters or distortion into the delay feedback loop if you choose.
That's exactly how I've been using them. Thanks for the info!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”