Quantimator firmware update!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Post Reply
jarcorbo
Common Wiggler
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Portland, OR

Post by jarcorbo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:10 am

Good news! Thanks Josh :nana:

User avatar
PolarIceCaves
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:19 pm
Location: Cape Cod
Contact:

Post by PolarIceCaves » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:27 am

toppobrillo wrote:Hi, so sorry everyone. this is my bad, and I am sending (or resending?) the following orders today: James Anderson, Michael Hopkins, James Towning, Jacob Soto, Samantha Brown, Stephen Kirby. these are the only chip orders I could find for the past 3 mo.s. please let me know if I have missed any others, best, Josh
Got mine today, thanks Josh

stwerewolf
Common Wiggler
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:18 am

Post by stwerewolf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 am

Is anywhere currently stocking Quantimators (more specifically in UK/EU) with the new 1.2 firmware pre-installed or does such a thing not exist?

stwerewolf
Common Wiggler
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:18 am

Post by stwerewolf » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:17 am

Does anyone have the Quantimator manual to hand by any chance? The whole Toppobrillo site is 404'ing for me.

User avatar
listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 am
Location: Berlin

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:48 am

stwerewolf wrote:Does anyone have the Quantimator manual to hand by any chance? The whole Toppobrillo site is 404'ing for me.
Don't know if this is the most recent version, the Scales and Chords are probably not up to date.
Attachments
QuantInfo.pdf
(800.71 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

stwerewolf
Common Wiggler
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:18 am

Post by stwerewolf » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:49 am

listentoaheartbeat wrote:
stwerewolf wrote:Does anyone have the Quantimator manual to hand by any chance? The whole Toppobrillo site is 404'ing for me.
Don't know if this is the most recent version, the Scales and Chords are probably not up to date.
Appreciated, thanks a lot

User avatar
listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 am
Location: Berlin

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:50 am

stwerewolf wrote:
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
stwerewolf wrote:Does anyone have the Quantimator manual to hand by any chance? The whole Toppobrillo site is 404'ing for me.
Don't know if this is the most recent version, the Scales and Chords are probably not up to date.
Appreciated, thanks a lot
You are welcome. By the way, user Bob Borries has made these neat charts showing the latest implementation of the Scales and Chords:

viewtopic.php?p=2209459#2209459

User avatar
bucketbrigade
Common Wiggler
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:56 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by bucketbrigade » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:18 am

Just wanted to update: Josh said he'd send me a 1.2 chip back in June. I've waited patiently, sent a couple follow up emails... have heard absolutely nothing.

It's kind of ridiculous, and to be honest, really aggravating. To echo what someone else said, how hard is it to put a chip in a padded envelope and drop it in a mailbox?

There's no dorian scale on my module as it stands, which makes it a pretty sorry quantizer, despite all of the great things it's capable of.

User avatar
loorenz
Common Wiggler
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:42 am
Location: France

Post by loorenz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:23 am

Does anyone have the 1.2 firmware Hex file in stock ?
Is it possible to share it or send it directly to me ?

The link on toppobrillo website is dead.

Luap
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1186
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:41 pm
Location: North'ish London, UK

Post by Luap » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:07 am

loorenz wrote:Does anyone have the 1.2 firmware Hex file in stock ?
Is it possible to share it or send it directly to me ?

The link on toppobrillo website is dead.
I have it and just added it to my dropbox account, try that?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1p8ykr5gf94gw ... x.zip?dl=0

User avatar
loorenz
Common Wiggler
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:42 am
Location: France

Post by loorenz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 am

Luap wrote:
I have it and just added it to my dropbox account, try that?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1p8ykr5gf94gw ... x.zip?dl=0
Downloaded, thank you very much Luap !

User avatar
richc90
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:03 am
Location: Berlin

Post by richc90 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:32 am

Just picked one of these up on BST and pretty sure I'm on the original firmware since I can't seem to activate the trigger out mode.

Does anyone know if chips are still available? Or is there anyone in Berlin who is up for helping me update the firmware?

User avatar
loorenz
Common Wiggler
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:42 am
Location: France

Post by loorenz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:32 am

With Toppobrillo contact email I have had a pretty fast answer for my question about the fw.
Try to ask here.

User avatar
Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 11241
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: the Terminal beach

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:38 am

Just wanted to point out that Bob did an amazing job with the PDF but nobody cared to check, it's full of mistakes. I mean, it's obvious, it shows major instead of minor at some chords and it has four notes in chords that should have three notes. Unless the arpeggios contain all notes in a chord :hmm:?

I'd be happy to help with this Bob if you want to update the PDF.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

User avatar
Bob Borries
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: L.A.

Post by Bob Borries » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Paranormal Patroler wrote:Just wanted to point out that Bob did an amazing job with the PDF but nobody cared to check, it's full of mistakes. I mean, it's obvious, it shows major instead of minor at some chords and it has four notes in chords that should have three notes. Unless the arpeggios contain all notes in a chord :hmm:?

I'd be happy to help with this Bob if you want to update the PDF.
Yes! let's get those corrections made.

User avatar
studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Re: Quantimator firmware update!

Post by studio460 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:39 pm

I just bought one of these used off Reverb. Is there any way to tell which firmware version is installed (other than knowing if Dorian-mode is available)? Also, are the 1.2 ICs still available from the manufacturer?
Image

User avatar
toppobrillo
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 996
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:57 am
Location: OAK

Re: Quantimator firmware update!

Post by toppobrillo » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:31 pm

studio460 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:39 pm
I just bought one of these used off Reverb. Is there any way to tell which firmware version is installed (other than knowing if Dorian-mode is available)? Also, are the 1.2 ICs still available from the manufacturer?
from 1.1 to 1.2, no, no way to tell by just looking at the front panel. however if you are able to remove the main board and have a look at the chip, it will be written on the chip. I am not selling the chips anymore, that module has been discontinued for a while, The firmware looks to be available from another person apparently! I wasn’t aware that it was not working on my old site any longer. I will have to reupload it. sorry for the inconvenience.

User avatar
studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Re: Quantimator firmware update!

Post by studio460 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:45 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply! I'll check as soon as I get it.
Image

User avatar
toppobrillo
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 996
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:57 am
Location: OAK

Re: Quantimator firmware update!

Post by toppobrillo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:48 am

it's now linked here too: https://toppobrillo.com/pages/support

User avatar
Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Re:

Post by Multi Grooves » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:53 pm

Bob Borries wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:58 pm
Paranormal Patroler wrote:Just wanted to point out that Bob did an amazing job with the PDF but nobody cared to check, it's full of mistakes. I mean, it's obvious, it shows major instead of minor at some chords and it has four notes in chords that should have three notes. Unless the arpeggios contain all notes in a chord :hmm:?

I'd be happy to help with this Bob if you want to update the PDF.
Yes! let's get those corrections made.



@Bob/Josh: Did this ever get sorted?
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

FS: SSF Entity

User avatar
studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Re: Quantimator firmware update!

Post by studio460 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:07 pm

toppobrillo wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:48 am
it's now linked here too: https://toppobrillo.com/pages/support
Thanks a lot, man! Downloaded! Much appreciated! Now I need to buy one of those EEPROM-flashers off eBay? I think the module just came in the mail today. Though, I think it may be an older unit since the seller bought his second-hand. Will pull it apart in a few minutes (if it's not too difficult) to discovers its secret code! Kinda Jonesing for 1.2 since Dorian is one my favorite modes!
Image

User avatar
studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Re: Quantimator firmware update!

Post by studio460 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:06 am

toppobrillo wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:31 pm
. . . from 1.1 to 1.2, no, no way to tell by just looking at the front panel. however if you are able to remove the main board and have a look at the chip, it will be written on the chip.
Okay, I pulled the board and see a handwritten "1.1" in Sharpie on the largest chip on the board, so I guess I have the older EEPROM. Anyone in the Los Angeles area willing to reflash my chip for me? Or even someone not in L.A. willing to help if I send it in a self-addressed, return-envelope?

Or can someone tell me EXACTLY what I need to buy to flash it myself? I did see the macOS Terminal line of code needed earlier in the thread and have downloaded the hex-file in the post above, but I've never programmed an EEPROM before and would have no idea what I'm doing. (Did I mention that Dorian is my favorite mode?)

Also, maybe there's a synth shop in L.A. that offers this kind of service?
Image

User avatar
studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Re: Quantimator firmware update!

Post by studio460 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:14 pm

EEPROM part number?

Hey guys! I may have found someone local to update the IC for me. He wants to know the part number. I can't really read mine. Anyone know the manufacturer/part number? Here's a photo:

Image
Image

User avatar
toppobrillo
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 996
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:57 am
Location: OAK

Re: Quantimator firmware update!

Post by toppobrillo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:19 am

its either an Atmega 328 or 328p. there are many options to flash it, I use a $10 “usb asp” device with the “avr fuses” app to flash these, which just reminded me - don’t mess with the fuse settings.

User avatar
studio460
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1420
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA USA
Contact:

Re: Quantimator firmware update!

Post by studio460 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:07 am

toppobrillo wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:19 am
its either an Atmega 328 or 328p. there are many options to flash it, I use a $10 “usb asp” device with the “avr fuses” app to flash these, which just reminded me - don’t mess with the fuse settings.
Awesome! Thank you! Can anyone else point me to a $10 USB ASP programmer that they know works with this EERPOM?
Last edited by studio460 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”