If you use the brackets, you can:soggybag wrote:I’m planning a case. It seems there are few ways to attach rails.
1) use an end bracket. A flat piece of aluminum with a few holes. The rails are bolted to the bracket and the bracket is held to the inner wall of the case with screws.
2) no end bracket. The rails are secured by bolts through the side of the case into the ends of the rails.
Anyone have any insights they would like to share about the process of attaching rails?
I’m leaning towards method 2 at the moment.
• Move them around at a later date (adjust them) without drilling more holes through the outside of the case.
• Finish the outside of the case without dealing with screw heads.
• Have the spacing of rails automatically set correctly by the manufactured brackets.
• Pull the entire row out (with most of the modules installed) by simply unscrewing the bracket.
• Probably a few other things that I can not think of right now.
I guess you can tell that I prefer the brackets, but it is your case, make it whatever way suits you the best.
•• And best of luck
A case that I made, it is 7U X 168 hp
The case on the bottom, it has a Pittsburgh EP-360 bolted on top of it.