Post pics of your euro setup!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

winn3r
Common Wiggler

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by winn3r » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 am

studioutopia wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:26 pm
Nice Frap jacks !

+Brenso and CS-L :woah:

studioutopia
Common Wiggler

Post by studioutopia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:37 am

pieter wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:27 am
studioutopia wrote:
Finally completed my Modular.
:yay:

That's a very nice system. How do you find the Usta? I'm still not 100% happy with my sequencing, mainly due to oddities with clocking the varigate and its lack of global swing, but the price tag of Usta prevents me from just trying it out.
Thanks!
I love USTA. It does have a learning curve, but once I got "muscle memory" on it, it has become much like an extension of my creativity, I find it faster to sketch ideas than drawing notes on Ableton. The swing is awesome.

studioutopia
Common Wiggler

Post by studioutopia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:49 am

flipper16 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:41 am
studioutopia wrote:

Intellijel Octalink from Ableton CV Tools, Expert Sleepers FH-2 and µMIDI 1U for external input and sync (26 gate/CV inputs).
Could you give more details about this set up please... :help:

Thanks in advance... :tu:
I have the other Octalink literally screwed to my audio rack under my desk, and have 8 3.5mm to 1/4" cables connecting it to the 8 audio outputs on my Apollo 8 interface. The FH-2 and µMIDI are connected to the computer via USB.
In Ableton - I have clock sync being sent to µMIDI - it has 4 dedicated start/run/clock jacks. The µMIDI syncs up two of my modules:
- Run and 1/16th are sent to USTA to lock its playback and timing to Ableton
- Reset and the 24ppqn clock is sent to Pamela to lock it as well.
In ableton:
- I have a MIDI device for µMIDI,
- various setups for the FH-2 - various voice configurations, using it as animated CV curves, etc.
And CV Tools to output using those 8 jacks on the Octalink.

The alternate use I have for the octalink ports is to send audio directly from the computer to Lúbadh or arbhar. The octalink is great because there is no cable clutter - from the modular, you see 8 ports that come directly from the DAW.

The other experience I have is "pairings"... The µMIDI works really well with Piston Honda, as both of them only do 0-10V for pitch control. FH-2 is really good with the complex oscillators using -5/+5 bipolar pitch control.

flipper16
Wiggling with Experience

Post by flipper16 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:00 am

studioutopia wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:49 am
flipper16 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:41 am
studioutopia wrote:

Intellijel Octalink from Ableton CV Tools, Expert Sleepers FH-2 and µMIDI 1U for external input and sync (26 gate/CV inputs).
Could you give more details about this set up please... :help:

Thanks in advance... :tu:
I have the other Octalink literally screwed to my audio rack under my desk, and have 8 3.5mm to 1/4" cables connecting it to the 8 audio outputs on my Apollo 8 interface. The FH-2 and µMIDI are connected to the computer via USB.
In Ableton - I have clock sync being sent to µMIDI - it has 4 dedicated start/run/clock jacks. The µMIDI syncs up two of my modules:
- Run and 1/16th are sent to USTA to lock its playback and timing to Ableton
- Reset and the 24ppqn clock is sent to Pamela to lock it as well.
In ableton:
- I have a MIDI device for µMIDI,
- various setups for the FH-2 - various voice configurations, using it as animated CV curves, etc.
And CV Tools to output using those 8 jacks on the Octalink.

The alternate use I have for the octalink ports is to send audio directly from the computer to Lúbadh or arbhar. The octalink is great because there is no cable clutter - from the modular, you see 8 ports that come directly from the DAW.

The other experience I have is "pairings"... The µMIDI works really well with Piston Honda, as both of them only do 0-10V for pitch control. FH-2 is really good with the complex oscillators using -5/+5 bipolar pitch control.
Thank you so much; this is exactly the info I was after... :tu:

I thought you might have had the Octalink connected directly to the computer with the CAT5 cable as there's only one on show. I wonder if this would be possible... :hmm:

studioutopia
Common Wiggler

Post by studioutopia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:05 am

winn3r wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 am
studioutopia wrote:
Nice Frap jacks !

+Brenso and CS-L :woah:
I did go a little nuts with the Befaco Bananuts. I started by color coding the jacks with the Buchla standard, but quickly found that I preferred just going with aesthetics as the driver, and using the colors for port differentiation. ie. On the Frap CGM all the VCA inputs are red. pan CV are orange, inputs are purple. at a glance - it just becomes natural.
Now I look at a module without Bananuts and it looks naked. Except for Instruō... the style cannot be modified. It is perfect.

Yes. Brenso and Cš-L are amazing together. Like having a Ferrari 333SP and a classic Jaguar XKE - only you can drive them both at the same time. Add Piston Honda MkIII, and I have the perfect Trifecta.
Going with the car metaphor... PH3 is like if Tesla made an electric version of a Vector W8.

betovelandia
Learning to Wiggle

Post by betovelandia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:43 am

Stice wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:45 pm
betovelandia wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:37 pm
Just joined the Eurorack bus:
What are the modules to the left of the Expert Sleepers?
Antumbra

NearTao
Learning to Wiggle

Post by NearTao » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:00 pm

octopusdna wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:22 pm

Wow, this is an amazing case! And the 1U row is really nice. I assume it had to be custom built?
Yeah, custom build. Check out Erik Needham Woodworks... on Instagram, Reverb, and a few other places if you wanted to see what he's up to.

LameAim
Wiggling with Experience

Post by LameAim » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm

studioutopia wrote:
or at least a major milestone of satisfaction... I am nearly 99% recovered from GAS.

Wow, amazing rig. As someone who also has an Usta waiting for a second 7U Intellijel case, this image is making that wait a wee bit more difficult. And I really appreciate all of the additional detail regarding your setup.

What role do you feel the Brenso occupies in relation to the other oscillators in your setup? Worth the money?

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by Multi Grooves » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:22 pm

shawngs wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:24 pm
My setup, also known as "You paid HOW MUCH for a sine wave?"

IMG_1038.jpeg
Do you find the key bed of the key station pro88 on the narrow side?
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

BasariStudios
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BasariStudios » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:24 pm

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

CorpusCallosum
Learning to Wiggle

Post by CorpusCallosum » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:30 pm

Screenshot_20200804-212805_Video Player.jpg
My adult playground. Pardon the mess, I'm constantly in a state of rearranging. Buchla 200e System to the left but my camera couldn't take it all in one shot.
20200301_154358.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CorpusCallosum on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

winn3r
Common Wiggler

Post by winn3r » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:31 pm

CorpusCallosum wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:30 pm
My adult playground. Pardon the mess, I'm constantly in a state of rearranging. Buchla 200e System to the left but my camera couldn't take it all in one shot.
beautiful :love: What's that under the euro table? Do you have everything going into a mixer?

CorpusCallosum
Learning to Wiggle

Post by CorpusCallosum » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:34 pm

It was an Nw2s balanced outs module going into an Apogee Symphony MkII, that's a Midas M32 mixer under the case but I was using it to bring other synths into, and then a Dante card to connect it to the DAW. Just replaced it with an Expert Sleepers ES-9 and ES-5 combo but I cannot figure out how to get a bunch of the functions working at all. Silent Way software is confusing and so inadequately explained. But the pure ES-9 itself is great.

pekbro
Common Wiggler

Post by pekbro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:42 pm

CorpusCallosum wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:30 pm
Screenshot_20200804-212805_Video Player.jpgMy adult playground. Pardon the mess, I'm constantly in a state of rearranging. Buchla 200e System to the left but my camera couldn't take it all in one shot.

20200301_154358.jpg
Astonishing collection there! :sb:

studioutopia
Common Wiggler

Post by studioutopia » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:04 am

LameAim wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 pm
studioutopia wrote:
or at least a major milestone of satisfaction... I am nearly 99% recovered from GAS.
Wow, amazing rig. As someone who also has an Usta waiting for a second 7U Intellijel case, this image is making that wait a wee bit more difficult. And I really appreciate all of the additional detail regarding your setup.

What role do you feel the Brenso occupies in relation to the other oscillators in your setup? Worth the money?
Thanks!
Frap Tools is the ultimate IMHO. If I didn't have any self-control... I'd expand into another case just to have Fumana, another Falistri, and maybe Sapel.

BRENSO has replaced Cš-L as my main/lead voice. If I could narrow it down to one thing - it's the through-zero linear FM. Also, the shapers and wavefolder are phenomenal. I still love my Cš-L, but it just doesn't have the same level of usable dynamics. If I had to only choose two sources - Brenso would be #1 for sure. ... I would find it very hard to decide between Piston Honda MkIII and Cš-L as the second. Piston for it limitlessness, Cš-L because it's so FAT!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”