Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
lionel
Common Wiggler
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by lionel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 pm

kuuma wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:33 am
kuuma wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:18 pm
baby's first techno-terminal
ERLiJNpXYAEQi8b.jpg
What MIDI controller is that? Looks killer
the left one is Livid Instruments' DS-1. originally scripted as a dub mixer for ableton but i have been using it to control channels of euclidean patterns, arpeggiators, and ADSRs via the Sleepers FH-2. definitely my most thoroughly-loved midi controller!
Do you just use midi learn, editing or remote scrypt with your DS-1 ?
I've kept my Ohm RGB ;)
I would like to assign new controls to my Ohm RGB for a standalone use (a midi host is needed), but the livid instruments website seems down... and I can't find no more "online editor" to do that

User avatar
kuuma
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 8:49 pm
Location: Brooklyn NY
Contact:

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by kuuma » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:27 pm

lionel wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 pm
kuuma wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:33 am
kuuma wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:18 pm
baby's first techno-terminal
ERLiJNpXYAEQi8b.jpg
What MIDI controller is that? Looks killer
the left one is Livid Instruments' DS-1. originally scripted as a dub mixer for ableton but i have been using it to control channels of euclidean patterns, arpeggiators, and ADSRs via the Sleepers FH-2. definitely my most thoroughly-loved midi controller!
Do you just use midi learn, editing or remote scrypt with your DS-1 ?
I've kept my Ohm RGB ;)
I would like to assign new controls to my Ohm RGB for a standalone use (a midi host is needed), but the livid instruments website seems down... and I can't find no more "online editor" to do that
I just used the DS-1 editor desktop app to tweak some of the buttons from toggle to trigger and change the LED colors, then just assigned stuff in the FH-2 browser window to controls on the DS-1 one at a time (lots of mapping out on graph paper beforehand so the tedious stuff is quicker). This setup is standalone but i still feed the FH-2 some data from Ableton most of the time. the outputs are nice because they'll combine incoming Ableton patterns from the patterns you make with the MIDI controllers.

I love the Ohm too! definitely compatible with FH-2 also

User avatar
lionel
Common Wiggler
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by lionel » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:24 am

kuuma wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:27 pm
lionel wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 pm
kuuma wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:33 am
kuuma wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:18 pm
baby's first techno-terminal
ERLiJNpXYAEQi8b.jpg
What MIDI controller is that? Looks killer
the left one is Livid Instruments' DS-1. originally scripted as a dub mixer for ableton but i have been using it to control channels of euclidean patterns, arpeggiators, and ADSRs via the Sleepers FH-2. definitely my most thoroughly-loved midi controller!
Do you just use midi learn, editing or remote scrypt with your DS-1 ?
I've kept my Ohm RGB ;)
I would like to assign new controls to my Ohm RGB for a standalone use (a midi host is needed), but the livid instruments website seems down... and I can't find no more "online editor" to do that
I just used the DS-1 editor desktop app to tweak some of the buttons from toggle to trigger and change the LED colors, then just assigned stuff in the FH-2 browser window to controls on the DS-1 one at a time (lots of mapping out on graph paper beforehand so the tedious stuff is quicker). This setup is standalone but i still feed the FH-2 some data from Ableton most of the time. the outputs are nice because they'll combine incoming Ableton patterns from the patterns you make with the MIDI controllers.

I love the Ohm too! definitely compatible with FH-2 also
Wow, that's really intersting !

Could you PM me with a video of this setup in action ?
I'm on OSX catalina, and can't find a 64 bits version of the desktop editor app... (which version do you work with ?)

I don't have the FH-2, but the ES3 and the ES6. I'm looking foward to take the FH-2 for a standalone setup with my Ohm RGB ;)

User avatar
XPump
Common Wiggler
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by XPump » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:31 am

~15 years of building and collecting-bunch of diy mixed in
E1C6C071-B55C-4D98-BCC9-9E2C4A61DB1B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
McRINdk
Common Wiggler
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:01 am
Location: Denmark

Im in my 4th year of my addiction

Post by McRINdk » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:36 am

Finally my DIY 18U case is complete.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
XPump
Common Wiggler
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Im in my 4th year of my addiction

Post by XPump » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:21 am

McRINdk wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:36 am
Finally my DIY 18U case is complete.
Nice!
Did you build your case or is it
commercially available
(and if so ...whom makes them pls ?)
Rgds❗️

User avatar
XPump
Common Wiggler
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Im in my 4th year of my addiction

Post by XPump » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:28 am

—————— and thx

User avatar
McRINdk
Common Wiggler
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:01 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by McRINdk » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:33 am

No I built this myself.

You can check my posts in the DIY Case section. Starting with this post
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=111880&start=2200#p2971445

I also recently posted the Plans as iIllustrator files for all to use.

cheers

User avatar
McRINdk
Common Wiggler
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:01 am
Location: Denmark

Im in my 4th year of my addiction

Post by McRINdk » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:46 am

Also, just finished today my DIY 3U matching percussion skiff to the new 18U rack.

modular grid view

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1140324
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:17 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:36 am

Those cordless Dyson vacuum cleaner are life changing.

ckwjr
Common Wiggler
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:30 am

Re: Im in my 4th year of my addiction

Post by ckwjr » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:34 pm

McRINdk wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:46 am
Also, just finished today my DIY 3U matching percussion skiff to the new 18U rack.

modular grid view

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1140324
That's a lovely setup. I also like your cookbook collection.

User avatar
kuuma
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 8:49 pm
Location: Brooklyn NY
Contact:

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by kuuma » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:27 pm

sure i'll try to make a vid for you this weekend!
lionel wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:24 am
kuuma wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:27 pm
lionel wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 pm
kuuma wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:05 pm
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:33 am
kuuma wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:18 pm
baby's first techno-terminal
ERLiJNpXYAEQi8b.jpg
What MIDI controller is that? Looks killer
the left one is Livid Instruments' DS-1. originally scripted as a dub mixer for ableton but i have been using it to control channels of euclidean patterns, arpeggiators, and ADSRs via the Sleepers FH-2. definitely my most thoroughly-loved midi controller!
Do you just use midi learn, editing or remote scrypt with your DS-1 ?
I've kept my Ohm RGB ;)
I would like to assign new controls to my Ohm RGB for a standalone use (a midi host is needed), but the livid instruments website seems down... and I can't find no more "online editor" to do that
I just used the DS-1 editor desktop app to tweak some of the buttons from toggle to trigger and change the LED colors, then just assigned stuff in the FH-2 browser window to controls on the DS-1 one at a time (lots of mapping out on graph paper beforehand so the tedious stuff is quicker). This setup is standalone but i still feed the FH-2 some data from Ableton most of the time. the outputs are nice because they'll combine incoming Ableton patterns from the patterns you make with the MIDI controllers.

I love the Ohm too! definitely compatible with FH-2 also
Wow, that's really intersting !

Could you PM me with a video of this setup in action ?
I'm on OSX catalina, and can't find a 64 bits version of the desktop editor app... (which version do you work with ?)

I don't have the FH-2, but the ES3 and the ES6. I'm looking foward to take the FH-2 for a standalone setup with my Ohm RGB ;)

User avatar
tdallas
Common Wiggler
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:55 am
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by tdallas » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:18 am

My little bedroom "studio"... :party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tdallas on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tdallas
Common Wiggler
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:55 am
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by tdallas » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:58 am

XPump wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:31 am
~15 years of building and collecting-bunch of diy mixed in
Ah, this is a really nice room. And the cat looks pretty cool!

User avatar
Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2001
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by Pighood » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:25 pm

Latest iteration with Kermit III and 100 Grit
49602099852_14782afb64_k.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*phnert*

User avatar
McRINdk
Common Wiggler
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:01 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by McRINdk » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:14 am

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:36 am
Those cordless Dyson vacuum cleaner are life changing.
yup, The dyson and a makeup brush do the dust duties.

User avatar
L.C.O.
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:34 pm
Location: usa

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by L.C.O. » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:58 am

56414E10-BDDE-49DD-A956-445C516A8121.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Inju
Common Wiggler
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:49 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by Inju » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:29 am

Here is some of my gear. A bit outdated.
20200301_222648.jpg
20200301_222708.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
JayEm
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: London, ON

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by JayEm » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:17 pm

Almost full. Only 3HP left!
20200302_205510.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BandCamp Instagram
"peoples moist elbow cruxes, sodden with phlegm" - Joe.

User avatar
dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1393
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by dooj88 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:22 pm

oh really? wink wink, sure :rast: :rast: :rast: :rast: :hihi:
JayEm wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:17 pm
Almost full. Only 3HP left!
20200302_205510.jpg

User avatar
JayEm
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:28 pm
Location: London, ON

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by JayEm » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:35 pm

dooj88 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:22 pm
oh really? wink wink, sure :rast: :rast: :rast: :rast: :hihi:
JayEm wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:17 pm
Almost full. Only 3HP left!
20200302_205510.jpg
That actually was the reason for buying the Rast 😁
BandCamp Instagram
"peoples moist elbow cruxes, sodden with phlegm" - Joe.

hard7kraft
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 11:03 am
Location: France

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by hard7kraft » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:27 pm

JayEm wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:35 pm
dooj88 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:22 pm
oh really? wink wink, sure :rast: :rast: :rast: :rast: :hihi:
JayEm wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:17 pm
Almost full. Only 3HP left!
20200302_205510.jpg
That actually was the reason for buying the Rast 😁
Unfortunately still missing in european stores ☹

User avatar
Boodaleechees
Common Wiggler
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by Boodaleechees » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:23 am

Most recent iteration, just waiting on a couple of LS-1s for additional touch control, and a Nano Garden for more acoustilectrical fun. Supposedly those are shipping out some time this month.
current setup.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stides
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by Stides » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:52 am

XPump wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:31 am
~15 years of building and collecting-bunch of diy mixed in

E1C6C071-B55C-4D98-BCC9-9E2C4A61DB1B.jpeg
Glarp! I’d like to barricade myself in there for a few weeks. I’d probably still not have time to try everything.

Great!

User avatar
lulrik
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:06 am
Location: France

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by lulrik » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:20 am

XPump wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:31 am
~15 years of building and collecting-bunch of diy mixed in

E1C6C071-B55C-4D98-BCC9-9E2C4A61DB1B.jpeg
Wow ! That's a lot, Fantastic !
lulrik

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”