Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

IEC
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Post pics of your euro setup! - RESIZE YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE

Post by IEC » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:37 pm

its true that 3 would have been fine for most things, though occasionally i like to chain em together with a sequential switch which ideally requires 4 ;P

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:18 pm

Fair play!
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

Post by Soy Sos » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:40 am

Brought in a larger case and added a 2nd row to my take home system.
Taking it over to Pitt Mod Richard's tonight to connect clocks outside
at a safe distance and perform on his livestream.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Soy Sos on Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naenyn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Naenyn » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:01 am

Lab-Synth wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:09 am
The very beginning of the story for me!

lab-SynthSmall.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=229013
I would love some panels like those. Have always liked the look of transparent plastic electronics housing.
-n :ninja:

My "For Sale!" thread! :goo:
My racks on ModularGrid
Find me on MuffWiggler's Discord

100000bps
Common Wiggler

Post by 100000bps » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:35 am

2 mantises with brackets. Lots of changes. More incoming. Both Ellises out for Catalyst, 2nd es-9 and few other things to finish this up :-) Love the Eqs/Filterbanks

stoiker
Learning to Wiggle

Post by stoiker » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:23 pm

I bought my first module (SV-1) back in January 2019 and didn't plan to fill up a 6U case in a little over a year, but now it's done anyway...

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Here's the new funboat, made from the finest MDF, gaffa tape and cardboard money can buy.

"What happened to the breakout case?" Well, I missed the modules in my main case, so they had to go back. And I realised that without Maths there is no modular, so I had to buy another. :nod:
WP_20200421_20_32_12_Pro.jpg
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1185424

Once an expanded bus cable arrives I'll be adding an Intellijel uScale and Random*Source NCOM. Frames will probably end up in there too, at which point NCOM will go back in the main case to make room. Isn't 84hp fun! :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ari ellis
Common Wiggler

Post by ari ellis » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:00 pm

IMG_1949.jpg
The black and silver rows happened largely by accident as I built up the system, but I was pretty stoked when I noticed the pattern emerging.

placebo92
Common Wiggler

Post by placebo92 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:08 pm

100000bps wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:35 am

2 mantises with brackets. Lots of changes. More incoming. Both Ellises out for Catalyst, 2nd es-9 and few other things to finish this up :-) Love the Eqs/Filterbanks
This system looks very fun and very intriguing to me. Would you care to speak at all to how you're using it and maybe sharing some audio? I'm imagining a most beautiful cacophony of drones and resonating pings

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:16 am

2nd rack more or less full. :goo:
23452F39-E75E-45A4-851C-E83360F6C91B.jpeg
My first modular track where I used drum modules! BIA, Entity Percussion, Chimera, Elements. There's also a ton of FM cross modulation from the Instruō Cš-L in there and the Metasonix R56 is a big part of the sound. :star:

We also just did a live performance. Just eurorack, a mixer and two nitwits. :hyper: http://tiny.cc/8ndspz

100000bps
Common Wiggler

Post by 100000bps » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:24 am

placebo92 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:08 pm
This system looks very fun and very intriguing to me. Would you care to speak at all to how you're using it and maybe sharing some audio? I'm imagining a most beautiful cacophony of drones and resonating pings
Thanks man, im just getting the hang of it tbh but you are right - drones'n'pings with just enough structure to pass it as 'musical' :)

How it works:

Assimil8or #1 goes to mixer section in the middle, with benjolin and vocals. Usually looping or hand triggered.

Mixer section outs go to processing chain - res eq, bark, and all the filters. I have 2 submixes and 2 processing chains usually. I also do some paralel processing with the help of es-9 and live. Makes send/returns very easy to do too. Thats the most of the top system. And what i had for the most of time.

Now i wanted to add a rhythmic section to this and started with euclidean circles & grids, but that was way too "normal" so decided to grab burst's instead and it's a hit :) . Combined with 2nd assimilator - 4 burst trigs to 4 ins of 2nd assimilator, then 4 EOC from 4 burst into another 4 ins of 2nd assimilator will make my 'rhythmic' section. This is still new so im trying stuff out here. They'll be processed in Live via 2nd es-9 (on order, just waiting for new batch).

Modulation is handled by Polyend Preset/Catalyst/Zadar/2x uo_c and es-9 with midi controller (DNA easy control currently) and is much more of a "system state shift" instead of sequencing the normal way. Makes morphing soundscapes easier and more intuitive for me.

Main clock is always benjolin pulse out to pam and that propagates through everything. Meaning when i use rungle part of benjolin, everything gets fucked up fast :D

As i said the bottom half is still super new for me so im experimenting and learning, heck some modules are with me for just 3 days now :D but after 2 years of swapping gear i finally can say that this is almost ideal for me :)

Now for sounds - keep in mind that this things are mostly me fucking around with the system and without the rhythmic part yet, i usually write my stuff in DAW and have not 'released' any 'music' done on modular yet. So with all that:

Preparing a set / State change experiments / Controlled feedback experiment / Twin Peaks into QPAS / Quantised & filtered benjolin

I have much more experiments of this kind, now im focusing on converting all the knowledge into proper live set :-)

zenith
Learning to Wiggle

Post by zenith » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:14 pm

Soy Sos wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:40 am
Brought in a larger case and added a 2nd row to my take home system.
Taking it over to Pitt Mod Richard's tonight to connect clocks outside
at a safe distance and perform on his livestream.
This was a great stream to watch and inspired me to pick up the dynamic impulse filter. The bass drops and low pass gate plunks were really mesmirising. I am looking forward to your weekly "clock experiments" and hope you guys figure out how to do a walk through of the setup or patch breakdown on the next jam!

placebo92
Common Wiggler

Post by placebo92 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:01 am

100000bps wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:24 am

Thanks man, im just getting the hang of it tbh but you are right - drones'n'pings with just enough structure to pass it as 'musical' :)
That workflow all sounds dizzying to me! Then again I've never fully grokked how to work a DAW yet alone integrate it with a hardware setup.. I love the idea of using the Benjo as the master clock, that could definitely lead to some happy accidents I'll bet.

I feel you on the settling down though, after 2 years of a pretty ridiculous amount of buying and selling I finally feel like I'm narrowing in on what works best for me as well(largely settling on module's I've already bought and sold once before :doh:)

Sounds great though! Excited to hear the results of the live set you eventually settle on.

100000bps
Common Wiggler

Post by 100000bps » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:03 am

placebo92 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:01 am

That workflow all sounds dizzying to me! Then again I've never fully grokked how to work a DAW yet alone integrate it with a hardware setup.. I love the idea of using the Benjo as the master clock, that could definitely lead to some happy accidents I'll bet.

I feel you on the settling down though, after 2 years of a pretty ridiculous amount of buying and selling I finally feel like I'm narrowing in on what works best for me as well(largely settling on module's I've already bought and sold once before :doh:)

Sounds great though! Excited to hear the results of the live set you eventually settle on.
Haha i feel you too, there are several modules that i have re-bought - r*s wave multipliers, erbe-verb, pam's, uo_c, zadar i had like 2-3 times :D finally just agreed with them being what they are. I don't foresee any changes for a long period of time now, just practice. Will ping you with PM when i get some proper content out :). Thanks :)

hermitpez
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hermitpez » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:22 am

synth.void wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:06 am
I'm currently on a second iteration of the cardboard case. Can't justify spending a bunch of money on a decent one, so I guess it's going to grow until uZeus can't take it anymore :mrgreen:

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 12.05.57.png
To have your uZeus on the left, what are you doing with the cables?

hermitpez
Learning to Wiggle

Post by hermitpez » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:58 am

This is the start of my drum skiff. I started it in January this year. I plan to do another skiff above it that'll be modulation and fx. I also have a DFAM which will be in the 3-tier rack.

I am open to suggestions regarding fx and modulation, I definitely want a few delays in there, distortion, VCA, LFO, etc.

Bjarlstedt
Common Wiggler

Post by Bjarlstedt » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:55 am

setup.png
Keeping this or sell/trade it (not the little one on the right) and get an Easel instead?

100000bps
Common Wiggler

Post by 100000bps » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:20 am

Bjarlstedt wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:55 am
setup.png

Keeping this or sell/trade it (not the little one on the right) and get an Easel instead?
If you really want an easel, get an easel, that was always the answer. It's a classic for a reason.

mulder
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mulder » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:16 am

100000bps wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:35 am

I remember your last post which scares me. I think I would acquire stuff just as fast.. :goo: :party:

looks awesome

100000bps
Common Wiggler

Post by 100000bps » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:24 pm

mulder wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:16 am

I remember your last post which scares me. I think I would acquire stuff just as fast.. :goo: :party:

looks awesome
Thanks :D, my last post was from January, and i had the previous setup for quite some time. I just swapped some things and doubled it, now all thats left is some finishing touches and time to learn all that stuff :-D. But i promised myself to never go above this size, so thats the finish line for me right there.

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:52 pm

LadytronODsmall.jpg
I use a Octatrack mk1 to sequence things when needed via the FH-2. A Rytm is used for the percussion section. I have an A4 mk1 and an Analog Keys that I use for working out lines. They can produce some excellent sounds themselves, but the modular just has the absolute widest range of sound possible. The Hakan is also an amazing sound source as well as controller via the FH-2. The Roli Seaboard Blocks are the main controller for the modular though, also via the FH-2 and over bluetooth.

I went from a 12U 104hp down to this 6U 104hp and the constraints have significantly improved my enjoyment of working with it. At 12U I really had endless worlds on tap, but it was often too difficult to not get lost in that infinite instead of staying focused.

I’d like this to be the final, but as new modules come out, I’m sure it wont be.
Last edited by 2disbetter on Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bjarlstedt
Common Wiggler

Post by Bjarlstedt » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:39 pm

100000bps wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:20 am

If you really want an easel, get an easel, that was always the answer. It's a classic for a reason.
I wish it was that easy, too bad it isn’t for the most of us. Kind of tricky to sell stuff nowadays too. Buyers market. I’ll keep it

mulder
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mulder » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:31 pm

2disbetter wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:52 pm
The journey continues, and while to the untrained eye it may seem like I'm going backwards, I assure you I've made massive progress. One of these days I'll get around to detailing it in my ultimate synth thread.
LadytronODsmall.jpg
do you have that og clack? I had a jack o lantern mx, but I sold it when it was at a peak value. nice to see some other og keyboard fans

nice setup too ;)

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:45 am

mulder wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:31 pm
do you have that og clack? I had a jack o lantern mx, but I sold it when it was at a peak value. nice to see some other og keyboard fans
Thanks!

I wish I had one, but I never got one. :bang: I just got some different color plain keycaps, and they are relatively boring. Still a solid keyboard is crucial.

He_lium
Common Wiggler

Post by He_lium » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:53 am

containment setup
csm.jpg

Return to “Eurorack Modules”