Post pics of your euro setup!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

fruitsnake
Common Wiggler

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by fruitsnake » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:51 pm

100000bps wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:16 am
StrangeAttraction wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:14 am
I was just about to say the same. Good taste of modules, yet a strange combination.
What do you think of the Oberheim VCFs? They've been on my mind for a while.
Best eurorack filter ever to exist :-D. I'm raving about it everywhere i can, because for this price nothing comes close ~~~ its a gem.
I bought the XaVCF based on this post and how awesome I think 100000bps' system looks, and I gotta say it's my favorite filter I've ever used by far. That thing is damper than a panther. G-Storm should be getting more publicity; I'd never heard of them until I saw it in this thread.

100000bps
Common Wiggler

Post by 100000bps » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:18 am

fruitsnake wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:51 pm
I bought the XaVCF based on this post and how awesome I think 100000bps' system looks, and I gotta say it's my favorite filter I've ever used by far. That thing is damper than a panther. G-Storm should be getting more publicity; I'd never heard of them until I saw it in this thread.
Haha, glad to be of help, and that you like it as well :) I've had metric tonnes of filters over 2 years of collecting euro, and there is really nothing like it imo :D. And the price makes it a total steal, like i even prefer it to MMF1s and some other "high end" offerings ~ There should be army marching the store of G-Storm.

jjterbeek
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jjterbeek » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:05 am

eurorack setup beeq.jpg

Tom_1970
Common Wiggler

Post by Tom_1970 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:32 pm

My modular setup at the moment.
Purchased a second Eurorack Go so I can add some nice stuff in the future.
modular.png

Hanz
Analogue Avenger

Post by Hanz » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 am

Finally got my Analogue Systems RS-15 racks upgraded to a proper case... :party:
I figured my trusty Asys system deserved something nicer looking, and found an experienced modular case builder willing to take on a custom job at reasonable price, and even in my direct vicinity!
Wanted to keep the existing power solution, as well as the original aluminium frame dimensions, since certain Asys modules (RS-240 Bode Shifter!) require considerable depth. Finally arrived at this slightly tilted case design, re-using the original RS-15 frame while removing rattly aluminium bits and wrapping in a lovely slab of oiled walnut.

Gould Case Works (https://www.gouldcaseworks.nl) - based near Amsterdam, The Netherlands comes highly recommended.
Really a pleasure working with Rob! Very responsive and collaborative on design - willing to accommodate and try new things while bringing his considerable woodworking experience to arrive at great results.

Now to mount everything back in... (hence still panels not fully screwed down... ;) )
Hanz-Asys - B.jpeg
Hanz-Asys - A.jpeg
Hanz-Asys - 2.jpeg
Hanz-Asys - 3.jpeg
Hanz-Asys - 5.jpeg
Hanz-Asys - 7.jpeg
Hanz-Asys - 4.jpeg
Hanz-Asys - 6.jpeg
“...I am merely a conduit, a kind of big hairy tool. I am just a plastic funnel connected to a Moog...”

cpr2323
Learning to Wiggle

Post by cpr2323 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:11 am

Finally got a rack for the all (mostly) 2hp system I put together. I have some fun plans for 'decorating' this rack to give it a more aged look (and of course cover up the open spaces in front) and add some lighting features, as it has a nice open grill in the back.
IMGA19241.jpg

Exit Chamber
Common Wiggler

Post by Exit Chamber » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:46 am

Finally got around to rejigging my set-up to add in my recently constructed modular. Quite pleased with it.
IMG20200922185728.jpg

mvdirty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mvdirty » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:54 am

Hanz wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 am
(Pictures of lovely woodwork)
Hanz wrote:
Gould Case Works (https://www.gouldcaseworks.nl)
Yup, that’s why. :)

Every Gould case I see is so nice.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:07 pm

I'm moving to a new space soon and I'm tempted to consolidate my two cases in one bigger one made by Gould at some point. Very beautiful work and cases/systems @Hanz.
instagram
soundcloud
dc11 - electron out on Cosmic Wave Records.

Gringo Starr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Gringo Starr » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:38 pm

Hanz wrote:
Finally got my Analogue Systems RS-15 racks upgraded to a proper case... :party:
Hanz-Asys - B.jpeg
:yay: :yay: :yay: That's beautiful!!! Great little AS system and that is definitely a beautiful case you have it in.

TappyTibbons
Learning to Wiggle

Post by TappyTibbons » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:54 am

NARC NOISE wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:39 pm
Just finished a 2nd large case to consolidate 3 Mantis cases....also moved everything from one room to another, been a lonnnnng month!full.jpg
right.jpg
left.jpg
Batumi FTW!!!

Foghorn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Foghorn » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:45 am

Some of my cases

Gotta get some better pics :hmm:
Last edited by Foghorn on Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stay Calm - We are in this forever :hmm:
.......Not really a musician.......

tvparcable
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tvparcable » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:54 am

My humble 2x104 contribution!

I have about 6+2 hp left, and I'm not too sure which route to go now - on the one hand, I want to bring more filtering diversity (I love the 2144 but its resonance tends to be a bit on the quiet side), but I also wouldn't mind more drum sources to complement the SSF Percussion's lack of satisfactory kicks. I'm fine with the current situation in terms of attenuverters/offsets (Cold Mac + Sinc Defero usually do the job well enough), but if you have any utility ideas, feel free to point them out!

pieter
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pieter » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:37 am

Foghorn wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:45 am
"Batumi FTW!!!"
FTW ?
Huh ?

Fun tiny wiggler ?
Fast tourist waste?
Fricken tuba water?
Fourier Transform waveform ?
Fried Tomato warning ?

Sorry !
"For the win" ;)

mvdirty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mvdirty » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:40 am

tvparcable wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:54 am

(pic snipped)

I have about 6+2 hp left, and I'm not too sure which route to go now - on the one hand, I want to bring more filtering diversity (I love the 2144 but its resonance tends to be a bit on the quiet side), but I also wouldn't mind more drum sources to complement the SSF Percussion's lack of satisfactory kicks. I'm fine with the current situation in terms of attenuverters/offsets (Cold Mac + Sinc Defero usually do the job well enough), but if you have any utility ideas, feel free to point them out!
That case is already very well dialed, so it is honestly hard to point out any obvious deficiencies. Nice job!

Perhaps a couple-HP-worth each of buff mults and adders?

A narrow filter with good contrast from the 2144? There are some great threads around re: small filters, so well-worth a search. And/or some MG searches filtering to a max of, say, 6 HP? Do one pass through sorted by newness, and another pass sorted by popularity. You’d likely have a solid shortlist pretty quickly.

As for the Entity, you could probably fit two, maybe even three, smaller percussion modules in that space if you aren’t happy with that module. Since it has to be said: BIA? :)

tvparcable
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tvparcable » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:30 pm

mvdirty wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:40 am
tvparcable wrote:

(pic snipped)

That case is already very well dialed, so it is honestly hard to point out any obvious deficiencies. Nice job!

Perhaps a couple-HP-worth each of buff mults and adders?

A narrow filter with good contrast from the 2144? There are some great threads around re: small filters, so well-worth a search. And/or some MG searches filtering to a max of, say, 6 HP? Do one pass through sorted by newness, and another pass sorted by popularity. You’d likely have a solid shortlist pretty quickly.

As for the Entity, you could probably fit two, maybe even three, smaller percussion modules in that space if you aren’t happy with that module. Since it has to be said: BIA? :)
Thanks! Hehe, actually I'm a big fan of my SSF, except for kicks. I quickly fell in love with its short rim hits, long noise snares, and the internal drive affecting the white noise is lovely. Controlled by the MD it really makes wonders. It's just not really designed for kicks, so at the moment I mostly use either sampled kicks in the disting, or Plaits' great kicks (albeit slightly too clean maybe). I was considering the BIA for a while because of its amazing workflow and features:hp ratio, but its sound color just isn't for me I think. I was actually thinking of the Pico Drum2, which looks more than decent for a supporting role in a drum voices ensemble. With the disting's dual sampler and the SSF, you end up with a nice 4-voices drum combo, blending different methods (digital + analog synthesis + samples). If I do this and add a small 2hp mixer for my drums, I still have room for a 2hp MMF filter on the second row, which to my ears sounds alright on demos, but filters obviously need to be played with to be gauged properly.

Thank you for reminding me about adders by the way! I still tend to see them as octave switchers and find it hard to justify the HP (plus there is always this good old disting if it's ever needed), but I may be missing out on some fun experiments.

GiantSuperCell
Learning to Wiggle

Post by GiantSuperCell » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:49 am

2014 i sold everything (in the pic you just see 50% of the whole gear):
DSC_5377.JPG
i also had a little modular:
017.JPG
then in 2019 i returned with modular only, now i am broke but happy AF, workflow is great, exactly what i want
20200926_112418.jpg
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/171588

Tom_1970
Common Wiggler

Post by Tom_1970 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:56 pm

Impressive makeover!

Bmooncd
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Bmooncd » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:48 pm

384F3379-B388-442A-8439-4EAAFC998EE6.png
It’s a start...

Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pighood » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:42 pm

GiantSuperCell wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:49 am
2014 i sold everything (in the pic you just see 50% of the whole gear):
DSC_5377.JPG
i also had a little modular:
017.JPG

then in 2019 i returned with modular only, now i am broke but happy AF, workflow is great, exactly what i want
20200926_112418.jpg

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/171588
What a gorgeous photo
*phnert*

ferran
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ferran » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:05 am

tvparcable wrote:

You need a BIA and you're done :yay:

flashheart
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flashheart » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:44 am

Derp wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:19 pm
Latest update:

What happened to your pictures?
I'm not buying a maths though, not my idea of fun...

ATW
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ATW » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:17 am

ferran wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:05 am
tvparcable wrote:

Another kick option would be to use a VCF, either the one in there or add another.

tvparcable
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tvparcable » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:37 am

ATW wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:17 am
ferran wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:05 am
tvparcable wrote:

Another kick option would be to use a VCF, either the one in there or add another.
Thanks! Actually the 2144 makes great short kicks in self-oscillation with an exponential decay. The BIA was on my wish list for a while, but its sound just doesn't click with me for some reason. I am probably going to fill the last bits of free HP by getting a small dual/stereo filter (the Shakmat Dual Dagger seems promising) and a little Pico Drum2, but no rush for now. I am going to try to limit my use to this case and my small happy ending kit for "supporting" modules that I don't necessarily always need, hopefully the GAS is cured... (at least temporarily).

poorness
Ultra Wiggler

Post by poorness » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Closed...

Open...

I'm really pleased with the way this case has come together. There's still room for improvement (there always is) but I am extremely happy with this setup. :tu:
I am member #22,363

Return to “Eurorack Modules”