Post pics of your euro setup!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

FatKingTubby
Common Wiggler

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by FatKingTubby » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:59 pm

You know, when these pod cases first came out I immediately wrote them off as a pointless waste. But here I am now with my third one and I'm just really liking the basic utility of them. I take a few modules out of the main case to travel with or use as a side-piece to another stand-alone synth. I bring one or two with me to the couch or bed for some learning/manual-focused time. They're great for new modules that you haven't quite figured out a good spot for in the main case yet. And my newest one puts all the intellijel controllers right in front for easy wire/clutter-free access. Yep I guess I'm a pod guy now. Really didn't see it coming..

tvparcable
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tvparcable » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:44 pm

FatKingTubby wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:59 pm
You know, when these pod cases first came out I immediately wrote them off as a pointless waste. But here I am now with my third one and I'm just really liking the basic utility of them. I take a few modules out of the main case to travel with or use as a side-piece to another stand-alone synth. I bring one or two with me to the couch or bed for some learning/manual-focused time. They're great for new modules that you haven't quite figured out a good spot for in the main case yet. And my newest one puts all the intellijel controllers right in front for easy wire/clutter-free access. Yep I guess I'm a pod guy now. Really didn't see it coming..
Looking great too! I can totally see a very good use case for controller-specific pods, like you did with the Planar here.

FatKingTubby
Common Wiggler

Post by FatKingTubby » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:33 pm

tvparcable wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:44 pm
Looking great too! I can totally see a very good use case for controller-specific pods, like you did with the Planar here.
By happenstance I had 6hp free and decided to add the shortbus, which will work perfectly for routing CV to the Planar's two CV inputs. Not sure I would have thought to do that if I didn't happen to have that open 6hp in the pod.

natureclubcassettes
Veteran Wiggler

Post by natureclubcassettes » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:28 pm

tvparcable wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:37 am
ATW wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:17 am
ferran wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:05 am
tvparcable wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:54 am
My humble 2x104 contribution!

I have about 6+2 hp left, and I'm not too sure which route to go now - on the one hand, I want to bring more filtering diversity (I love the 2144 but its resonance tends to be a bit on the quiet side), but I also wouldn't mind more drum sources to complement the SSF Percussion's lack of satisfactory kicks. I'm fine with the current situation in terms of attenuverters/offsets (Cold Mac + Sinc Defero usually do the job well enough), but if you have any utility ideas, feel free to point them out!
You need a BIA and you're done :yay:
Another kick option would be to use a VCF, either the one in there or add another.
Thanks! Actually the 2144 makes great short kicks in self-oscillation with an exponential decay. The BIA was on my wish list for a while, but its sound just doesn't click with me for some reason. I am probably going to fill the last bits of free HP by getting a small dual/stereo filter (the Shakmat Dual Dagger seems promising) and a little Pico Drum2, but no rush for now. I am going to try to limit my use to this case and my small happy ending kit for "supporting" modules that I don't necessarily always need, hopefully the GAS is cured... (at least temporarily).
You could move either of the Intellijel 6 hp modules up to the top, then you'd have 8hp freed up for a filter..... lots of options from Doepfer and others

kylverstone
Common Wiggler

Post by kylverstone » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:30 pm

Hanz wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 am
Finally got my Analogue Systems RS-15 racks upgraded to a proper case... :party:
I figured my trusty Asys system deserved something nicer looking, and found an experienced modular case builder willing to take on a custom job at reasonable price, and even in my direct vicinity!
Wanted to keep the existing power solution, as well as the original aluminium frame dimensions, since certain Asys modules (RS-240 Bode Shifter!) require considerable depth. Finally arrived at this slightly tilted case design, re-using the original RS-15 frame while removing rattly aluminium bits and wrapping in a lovely slab of oiled walnut.

Gould Case Works (https://www.gouldcaseworks.nl) - based near Amsterdam, The Netherlands comes highly recommended.
Really a pleasure working with Rob! Very responsive and collaborative on design - willing to accommodate and try new things while bringing his considerable woodworking experience to arrive at great results.
Beautiful system, and case!

shize312
Common Wiggler

Post by shize312 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:07 am

Here an updated version of my rack!

It’s based on this project, which is constantly changing though:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1348899

PS: there are few things i want to change, one of them being the Erica Pico Quant which i wanna swap for a uScale 2.
Attachments
IMG_20201004_154647.jpg
Last edited by shize312 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:49 am, edited 11 times in total.

Exit Chamber
Common Wiggler

Post by Exit Chamber » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:09 am

IMG20200929104850.jpg

Managed to fill my second rack. Far too many voices, need to swap the Niftycase for another 104hp case then add more effects and a better mixer. Had to remove all the passive stuff and put them in a little wooden frame I made.

IMG20200909133601.jpg

This has since had a Thonk AT-AT-AT added too.

DCDanno
Common Wiggler

Post by DCDanno » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:50 am

shize312 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:07 am
Here a updated version of my rack!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1334999

I guess after i manage to complete it i would need to start a second case ‘cause i already know i’d want a Belgrad!

PS: there are few things i need to change, one of them being my Erica Pico Quant which i wanna swap for a uScale 2.
Why swap the Pico Quant for uScale? (I've got a uScale and find it very useful, but had considered Pico prior to getting.)

shize312
Common Wiggler

Post by shize312 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:59 am

DCDanno wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:50 am
shize312 wrote:

I guess after i manage to complete it i would need to start a second case ‘cause i already know i’d want a Belgrad!

PS: there are few things i need to change, one of them being my Erica Pico Quant which i wanna swap for a uScale 2.
Why swap the Pico Quant for uScale? (I've got a uScale and find it very useful, but had considered Pico prior to getting.)
Hey there!
There isn’t a proper reason, i guess i just do not like the Pico layout: ergonomically it’s great, easy to use, 8 preset scales, microtonal, CV in for modulation; probably if it was 4hp i wouldn’t change it, but 3hp are difficult to manage and when you are planning a rack they are there in between your bollocks leaving you always 1hp too short or too much!

DCDanno
Common Wiggler

Post by DCDanno » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:36 pm

shize312 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:59 am
DCDanno wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:50 am
shize312 wrote:

Hey there!
There isn’t a proper reason, i guess i just do not like the Pico layout: ergonomically it’s great, easy to use, 8 preset scales, microtonal, CV in for modulation; probably if it was 4hp i wouldn’t change it, but 3hp are difficult to manage and when you are planning a rack they are there in between your bollocks leaving you always 1hp too short or too much!
Makes sense to me, thanks!

Peng33
Common Wiggler

Post by Peng33 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:33 pm

20201002_145143.jpg
I have an Elby Designs Chaotica and a NLC Brain Custard on the way as well. Then having a Turing Machine with Volts, Voltages, Pulses, and the Worng TMLPG expander, all in one panel, built for me, and I will drop that into the lower right in about a month.

Gonna drop the Chaotica in the hole between the other blue and white/silver stuff, and the Brain Custard next to the other black modules (the one I am getting has a black panel on it).

AuralAntithesis
Common Wiggler

Post by AuralAntithesis » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:00 am

its been a while since i last posted here. 2013 was the last post i could find.
i DIY'd a new case a year ago for my techno gear / groove box setup. i got some 1x12 at the hardware store and with a CAD program figure out some good angles for each row. I have a separate noise /drone / sound exploration setup.
basically 10U x 84hp. this one pretty much stays patched until i rebuild, it it is sequenced through a BSP.
That's the most diabolical looking piece of equipment I've ever seen.
https://auralantithesis.bandcamp.com/

claesbert
Learning to Wiggle

Post by claesbert » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:58 pm

My Humble beginnings.
20201003_small.jpg.png
From left to right:
- Soundforce 808 Kick
- Soundforce 808 snare
- A diy Reverb/delay PT2399 module
- a diy wooly mammoth fuzz module base on the pcb from bitsbox.co.uk
- A converted Music Thing Modular Radio Music to Chord organ with 3d-printed face plate
- a AI synthesis AI004 VCF
- a MIAW (kristian Blasol) mixer
- a Music Thing startup

Now waiting on a AI synthesis AI004 VCO and a EZSQ from ginkosynthesis!
Oh, and also the APCAPCAPC from look mum no computer is on it's way! Looking forward to somehow integrate it into this hot, lovely mess!!

General_Ripper
Learning to Wiggle

Post by General_Ripper » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:12 pm

From the land of 5000 sequencers...

Kawouddd
Common Wiggler

Post by Kawouddd » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:31 am

This has been a tremendous ride. Both financially ruinous and the best fun I’ve had in my adult life (and it all began with an Erica Liquid Sky Dada Noise System). There’s 52hp redundant, really (a Rene v1, which is a bit wonky and was swiftly replaced by a V2; and a duplicate Erica fusion delay flanger vintage ensemble - which came as part of a system). I would like to find space for a WMD performance mixer; or perhaps a smaller stereo mixer somewhere in here. And I feel like I miss a dedicated voltage offset / gain - so am thinking about a Frap 321).
6119948E-B29A-4885-8EAB-5949301C2BB4.jpeg
I’ll add - there are things that I also find myself craving but which I just don’t think I want or need. Like a full Ieaskul F Mobenthey system, and an Erica clap. I hate claps. I’ve never used them for anything. I don’t want it. Yet it bugs me that my rhythm system has room for it. I’ve been thinking about it (and not wanting it) for a good two or three months. If I had a spare 126hp I probably would have taken the plunge on Ieaskul.

Edit: That ^^^ is currently patched for millennial trance with an excerpt from one of my finest lectures about COVID 19 and late modernity / ontological insecurity running through the morphagene 🤣

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:52 pm

FatKingTubby wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:59 pm

I have no intention on buying any more cases, so the pod thing is a great way to add that, "one more thing" module or exactly as you said something to take else where to learn but the issue I have with them is the lack of lid. I'm petrified of dropping it or something being dropped on it.

...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

endwino
Learning to Wiggle

Post by endwino » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:36 pm

IMG_2612.jpg
Not sure how I got here from the subharmonicon :despair: (yes I know that was only April, but it seems like a long time). Six months into eurorack and I have two O&C's, and no maths :hmm:

I've got a couple FH2 expanders ordered, plus a quadratt and some 1U blanks to build switches and other simple stuff. And I'm thinking a dual xfade might be a good addition.

There's a blue sky reverb and SP404 for FX and stuff, I don't feel the need to squeeze this in the rack at this point. I'm sure eventually the moog will find its way back to its home, when I figure out what to do with 60hp....but this should keep me busy for a few years anyway

FatKingTubby
Common Wiggler

Post by FatKingTubby » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:04 pm

Multi Grooves wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:52 pm
I have no intention on buying any more cases, so the pod thing is a great way to add that, "one more thing" module or exactly as you said something to take else where to learn but the issue I have with them is the lack of lid. I'm petrified of dropping it or something being dropped on it.
Yep, everytime I've traveled with one it's gotten the fully bubble-wrapped treatment. A lid or decksaver type deal would be nice I spose, but I'm sure they'd make it in a way that wouldn't let you keep any cables patched in, so I don't see the point.

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:36 pm

You bubble wrap patched?!
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

FatKingTubby
Common Wiggler

Post by FatKingTubby » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:41 pm

Multi Grooves wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:36 pm
You bubble wrap patched?!
Haha nah, guess that wasn't clear. My thought was that the only benefit to me of a decksaver kind of case over bubblewrap would be if it allowed me to cover it while patched. But since it prob wouldn't include that benefit then I may as well stick to the bub.

fruitsnake
Common Wiggler

Post by fruitsnake » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:52 pm

This case perfectly fits two Pod40X cases, patched:
https://www.hprc.it/en/resin-case_hprc4050.html

It's great cause if you place them face to face in the case, then the cables themselves provide the padding.

dip_registered
Common Wiggler

Post by dip_registered » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:05 pm

Here’s my gear!

Latest edition was the Cwejman DMF-2. Off to the side is my ES-9, and a new small drum case that will house a vari 4+ and a selection of tiptop 909 modules.

Simple but I love it! System will be used for sound design 1-2 sounds at a time (for DAW work), as well as small dark musical techno patches.

Up next would be another small case with an extra filter, delay unit (maybe verbos multi tap delay) and an extra Quadigy and STO.

Hovmod
Common Wiggler

Post by Hovmod » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:32 am

0FDCE022-2D96-4D70-9889-5BE3AF57D09A.jpeg
Almost done!

I had this case made to my specs, and yesterday I picked it up. 4x114hp. Still waiting for a A-100PSU3 and four version six busboards, so this is just a mock-up using an old PSU from an old Doepfer rack. 14 of the modules in the top two rows are on a 4ms row power, the rest on two busboards fed by a PSUnt12. I haven’t connected 100% of the modules, there’s just not enough power.
Still to do is to replace the chassis power socket, because I forgot to specify WITH FUSE (now using the one from the old case and running the cable from the front) and figure out how to connect the Theremin antenna. I put a BNC connector on top to get the antenna away from interfering cables and thought I could use a cable I had in the house, but nothing happened when I connected it, so there’s probably an impedance issue. Of course mount the PSU and busboards when they arrive. Orherwise, here’s my new case, with lids front and back (I have access to the busboards from behind!!) and handles and I’m so happy with it!

red
Wiggling with Experience

Post by red » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:06 am

added das kleine Schwarze (bottom left)

8-)
red

mog00
Learning to Wiggle

First rack

Post by mog00 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:11 pm

Just about full and already planning second rack.
Attachments
1EBFBB2C-20F0-4283-8369-684D0828AF4B.jpeg

Return to “Eurorack Modules”