Post pics of your euro setup!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

pieter
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by pieter » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:16 am

I don't believe there is anything hidden under there, other than a busboard.The blank panel is screwed in.

SquidInSquidInk
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SquidInSquidInk » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:41 pm

I've been away from the forums for awhile. Scaled back my modular to a single case, still mostly older stuff. Anything that rarely gets touched gets tossed.
Modular2021.jpg

Memory.Palace
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Memory.Palace » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:38 pm

SquidInSquidInk wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:41 pm
I've been away from the forums for awhile. Scaled back my modular to a single case, still mostly older stuff. Anything that rarely gets touched gets tossed.

Modular2021.jpg
Love this setup, I have a similar rig, OS Make Noise and Harvestman are the best.

tam_tam
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tam_tam » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:20 pm

I finally completely filled up my case. WMD C4RBN was the last module, btw it sounds amazing. Though now my old WMD/SSF MMF isn't needed anymore, so I'm swapping that out for a S&H module, probably Divkid's SSF RND STEP

Also, hurray for the extra 1hp on my case, allowing for the Pico DSP to fit without the odd HP number issue
20210125_203011.jpg

htor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by htor » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:31 am

AlanP wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:56 pm

New case (6U x 126HP), and most of it is already populated. I have more modules, but I'm managing to restrain myself for now :D
beautiful rack! :sb: very colorful
any chance of getting a list of those modules?
are there custom panels in there too?

wwwwooo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by wwwwooo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:37 am

pieter wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:16 am
I don't believe there is anything hidden under there, other than a busboard.The blank panel is screwed in.
No actually, he is right. its clouds 2. i got a few of em, anyone want one?? :hihi: :hihi:

pieter
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pieter » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:52 am

wwwwooo wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:37 am
pieter wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:16 am
No actually, he is right. its clouds 2. i got a few of em, anyone want one?? :hihi: :hihi:
Awesome, Clouds 2 is fully touch screen! Finally we can get rid of these outdated knobs...

shize312
Common Wiggler

Post by shize312 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:11 pm

Just updated my rack 💣 (based on this project: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1457710)

I guess what people would do with each other's systems!
Attachments
IMG_20210130_115712.jpg
Last edited by shize312 on Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

gnarmite
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gnarmite » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:45 pm

xcc wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:34 pm
MARK27 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:21 pm
Damn. Don't you wish Intellijel would offer black panels for its modules, especially the 1u?
I do!
I painted my 1u Headphone black on the reverse side. Couldn't be happier! Sadly the jack is just plastic; wish they used a higher quality metal part. Gotta be careful taking off the plastic nut!
Attachments
1uheadphone.jpg

pieter
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pieter » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:51 am

That looks very slick! Shoudl not be too hard to get a metal nut for the quarter inch jack, right?

taotetek
Learning to Wiggle

Post by taotetek » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 am

After two and a half years, briefly scaling up to 15U and then ruthlessly scaling back down to 12U, my almost completed (haha, right) instrument. Last steps for this case are:

1. Adding an SSF Vortices and removing the STMIX and Disting MK4 (currently used for stereo compression)
2. Removing the Typhoon and adding a Desmodus Versio
3. Replacing the ST0 with a Dixie 2+

Then I'm finished, right? :lol:

This is the most my rack has felt like a singular coherent instrument, and I'm very happy with it.

EASYBOY
Common Wiggler

Post by EASYBOY » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:24 am

taotetek wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:31 am
After two and a half years, briefly scaling up to 15U and then ruthlessly scaling back down to 12U, my almost completed (haha, right) instrument. Last steps for this case are:

1. Adding an SSF Vortices and removing the STMIX and Disting MK4 (currently used for stereo compression)

This is the most my rack has felt like a singular coherent instrument, and I'm very happy with it.

Looks nice. How do you like the morph4 and How do you use it?

taotetek
Learning to Wiggle

Post by taotetek » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:13 am

EASYBOY wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:24 am
Thanks! I really love the Morph 4. When I first picked it up I spent some time trying out fun and weird patches with it, and now I've settled into a groove with it mostly just using it as what it is - a really nice quad VCA. The A+B and C+D channels are great for stereo panning, and the AVG / ADD / MIN / MAX outputs will always produce something fun and surprising. Sending the core, fundamental, even and odd outs from the generate 3 into the morph four and then using the morph to blend between the various wave shapes is great as well.

BJeT
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BJeT » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:02 am

Is the Rene the only sequencer that you have in your rack? What was the learning curve like and now that you've played with it for a while do you reckon it has enough cv inputs?

EASYBOY wrote:
taotetek wrote:

taotetek
Learning to Wiggle

Post by taotetek » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:34 am

The Rene (v2) is my main sequencer. I also use Marbles extensively in different ways depending on what I'm doing:

1. Quantized to the same scale as one of my Rene sequences, randomly generating sequences
2. Sampling a Rene sequence directly and producing variations on it
3. Sending random CV into X or Y cv in on the Rene and letting the Rene quantize it
4. Sending random gates to Rene X-MOD and Y-MOD for clock modification

Each of the 6 outs on the CV Trinity can be an up to 32 step clock synced sequence for sequencing CV. You simply hold down the record button on the channel and "play" the CV by turning the input knob, and it records and then loops the CV sequence. They can also be envelopes or LFOs which can be clock synced.

I have alternative firmware on Stages which allows it to be used as a step sequencer with quantization (among many other additional features). I use Stages more for envelopes and LFOs, but it makes a great sequencer for up to 5 steps.

As far as the Rene goes - I found the learning curve to be very gentle for simple things, and very steep for more complex things. It works very well for how I enjoy to play my synth - which is a mix of pre-programmed sequences combined with generative elements. I am certain there are rack based sequencers that would be much friendlier if you mainly wanted to program in very exact songs. It has plenty of CV inputs and outputs:

Inputs:
* X-CLK and Y-CLK for clock inputs
* X-MOD, Y-MOD, and Z-MOD gate inputs - can use to reset sequences, add additional gates, stop / start sequences and change sequence directions
* X-CV, Y-CV and Z-CV - you can route these to a lot of different functions

Outputs:
* X-CV and Gate
* Y-CV and Gate
* C-CV and Gate

BJeT wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:02 am
Is the Rene the only sequencer that you have in your rack? What was the learning curve like and now that you've played with it for a while do you reckon it has enough cv inputs?

EASYBOY wrote:
taotetek wrote:

wrecksmoondee
Learning to Wiggle

Post by wrecksmoondee » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:26 pm

Here's the first iteration of my first rack. Super stoked. All Doepfer. Plenty to explore and discover here. Thank God it's Friday.
:mygod:
Attachments
20210129_182518.jpg
20210129_182144.jpg

BJeT
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BJeT » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:53 am

Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking at the Rene (v2) but thought that perhaps that the number of inputs/outputs may be an issue.

Am still undecided on which sequencer to get first but your reply was really helpful. Interesting point you made about generative sequencers using Marbles.

Cheers

taotetek wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:34 am
The Rene (v2) is my main sequencer. I also use Marbles extensively in different ways depending on what I'm doing:

1. Quantized to the same scale as one of my Rene sequences, randomly generating sequences
2. Sampling a Rene sequence directly and producing variations on it
3. Sending random CV into X or Y cv in on the Rene and letting the Rene quantize it
4. Sending random gates to Rene X-MOD and Y-MOD for clock modification

Each of the 6 outs on the CV Trinity can be an up to 32 step clock synced sequence for sequencing CV. You simply hold down the record button on the channel and "play" the CV by turning the input knob, and it records and then loops the CV sequence. They can also be envelopes or LFOs which can be clock synced.

I have alternative firmware on Stages which allows it to be used as a step sequencer with quantization (among many other additional features). I use Stages more for envelopes and LFOs, but it makes a great sequencer for up to 5 steps.

As far as the Rene goes - I found the learning curve to be very gentle for simple things, and very steep for more complex things. It works very well for how I enjoy to play my synth - which is a mix of pre-programmed sequences combined with generative elements. I am certain there are rack based sequencers that would be much friendlier if you mainly wanted to program in very exact songs. It has plenty of CV inputs and outputs:

Inputs:
* X-CLK and Y-CLK for clock inputs
* X-MOD, Y-MOD, and Z-MOD gate inputs - can use to reset sequences, add additional gates, stop / start sequences and change sequence directions
* X-CV, Y-CV and Z-CV - you can route these to a lot of different functions

Outputs:
* X-CV and Gate
* Y-CV and Gate
* C-CV and Gate

BJeT wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:02 am

EASYBOY wrote:
taotetek wrote:

tdallas
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tdallas » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Last edited by tdallas on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bignorthumbrian
Common Wiggler

Post by Bignorthumbrian » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:12 pm

wrecksmoondee wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:26 pm
Here's the first iteration of my first rack. Super stoked. All Doepfer. Plenty to explore and discover here. Thank God it's Friday.
:mygod:
You can’t go wrong with Doepfer.
here hare here!

WarpHead
Wiggling with Experience

Post by WarpHead » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:13 pm

Upgraded and rearranged the space ship command center a bit. I'm really close to getting the ergonomics tuned in to my workflow. Featuring the awesome led lamp recommended on the previous page.
IMG_20210131_225436~2.jpg
IMG_20210131_225624.jpg
Don't believe the hype.

WTB: Schippmann Omega-Phi Mk2.

bobbylandry
Common Wiggler

Post by bobbylandry » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:15 pm

Pretty tame modular setup compared to some here.

electricfence
Wiggling with Experience

Post by electricfence » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:45 pm

bobbylandry wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:15 pm

It’s very aesthetically pleasing.

Sleepfc
Common Wiggler

Post by Sleepfc » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:55 pm

F559AF61-C9A4-47D4-ADF9-1088B652D6E4.jpeg
My latest iteration, I’ve been having loads of fun with this. I can take on sequencing, ambient droning, noise droning or sample-mangling, and a lot of stuff in between. It feels like a complete instrument

No plans to swap modules any time soon, if anything I may pick up a new case (skiff?) and just just gather a slew of oscillators that didn’t make the cut. I would still like to own some IME VCOs, a Serge NTO, perhaps some Verbos VCOs too. Kinda like a complementary skiff for when I’d like different voices. But I can live without that for now haha

BJeT
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BJeT » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 am

Are they Eve SC-207s?

I have a pair of those hooked up to my CDJ-2000NXS2s and they sound amazing! Also have a pair of Adam T7Vs - excellent.

How do you find the SC207s?

WarpHead wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:13 pm
Upgraded and rearranged the space ship command center a bit. I'm really close to getting the ergonomics tuned in to my workflow. Featuring the awesome led lamp recommended on the previous page.

IMG_20210131_225436~2.jpgIMG_20210131_225624.jpg

BJeT
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BJeT » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:54 am

Agreed :hihi:

Would you mind listing the modules you have in your rack there?

electricfence wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:45 pm
bobbylandry wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:15 pm

It’s very aesthetically pleasing.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”