Post pics of your euro setup!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

JedTheFish
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Post pics of your euro setup!

Post by JedTheFish » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:12 am

The name of my studio is Nude Monkey. I worked in radio for 49 years. I know electronics a bit but I sure don't know modules. https://djjedthefish.com/albums/
Attachments
IMG_1041.jpeg

transferpoint
butt-hole

Post by transferpoint » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:39 pm

JedTheFish wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:12 am
The name of my studio is Nude Monkey. I worked in radio for 49 years. I know electronics a bit but I sure don't know modules. https://djjedthefish.com/albums/
Is that a Needham Woodworks double case?! Looks amazing :) I love Eriks work, as a matter of fact, my custom needham cabinet arrives next week!
Looking to buy Cwejman modules - DM me

banedox
Common Wiggler

Post by banedox » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:40 pm

Welp just jumped ouff the 1u bandwagon, just put a order into digi-key for 5 rails and slotted screw bar thing. Only got 5 cause of the price break should have gotten 6 but oh well. Anyone want a custom case so I have to buy at least 5 more xD

Any ways only PulpLogic stuff right now. Was going to wait but 2 of his modules went Out of Stock over night... so i jump when my wallet says no.
PulpEuroOrder.PNG

skinlayers
Learning to Wiggle

Post by skinlayers » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:10 pm

I bought my first modules about a month ago. This is how my rack evolved (or how I gave a bunch of money to Patchwerks and Reverb).

2021-03-04

2021-03-07

2021-03-11

2021-03-13: Upgraded to a 7U Palette case.

2021-03-14: Polyphonic!

2021-03-15

2021-03-17

2021-03-27: Cable organization.

2021-03-29: Returned the Poly 2 due to compatibility issues with my Seaboard RISE. :(

2021-04-01: Theremined!
Last edited by skinlayers on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justin3am
Let's go do some crimes

Post by justin3am » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:28 pm

JedTheFish wrote:
Holy shit, I used to listen to you everyday! The first time I heard Aphex Twin was on your show!

exmd
Common Wiggler

Post by exmd » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:24 pm

delete

JedTheFish
Learning to Wiggle

Post by JedTheFish » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:52 am

transferpoint wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:39 pm
JedTheFish wrote:
Is that a Needham Woodworks double case?! Looks amazing :) I love Eriks work, as a matter of fact, my custom needham cabinet arrives next week!
I hope everything is perfect because you won't get a call back from him if it isn't.

transferpoint
butt-hole

Post by transferpoint » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:32 am

JedTheFish wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:52 am
transferpoint wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:39 pm
JedTheFish wrote:
I hope everything is perfect because you won't get a call back from him if it isn't.
Dang... Sorry to hear that. I tend to have the worst luck buying custom stuff online so I'll be happy if its not in 1000 pieces when it arrives. Back when Eurorack was first getting started I bought an $1,100 Buchla-style folding case from a dude named Randal on this forum and he totally ripped me off,... a few dozen other people as well... Our fellow Wigglers here turned "Randal" into a verb for a while after that. Hopefully I don't get Randal'ed again. :hihi:

Hope your issue wasn't too bad though.
Looking to buy Cwejman modules - DM me

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:47 am

found out that my onboard macprogramm can manipulate fotos :lol:
the upper picture is more less up2date.
they keyboard Table and the tall white siderack were built by me, tinkered together in my kitchen. pita it was.
Both tailored to my specific needs that arose over the years.
1a. IMG_0094E1cut.jpeg
2.daylight-sidRck1_E3.jpeg
with all that: NO, i don´t produce ! i make music just for fun. I Experiment !!!
i do realtime works.
Love the ergonomics of that setup !

The modular is finished now, finally !
thats the first time i can say that, ......after a 15 years travel. Its big since 12 years. it was even way bigger 11 years back. (see page 151 of this thread. just: pics don´t allways load.....if there´s nothing loading from me at page 151)

Now, there is nolonger any module i could take out !
Well, The Rossum evolution filter is the next to go, and then next would have to be the thoughtafter E520 FX i guess.
...to give an idea which level of modules we speak that i need to throw out, to get something new in. its wild.
the siderack is just that: a siderack ! its a garage for modules i should use, but mostly might not. Exept the 2 doepfer vocoders, but also just used every now and then.

much likely do i have an amount of little helper modules, nowhere else seen. its immense !
the 3xMIA from happy Nerding makes my day ! in any patch session.
its just ALL about those two things: distribution of CVs ! AND: patching manual CV sources to the parameters, ...out of several reasons.
Thats, what makes my music.
so, the super duper shiny Gold Nugget modul count is way less in my rig, than in any other Rack with comparable size.

its the "movement" that makes the modules shine, ....and its the patch capabilities of that, which is one of euroracks main merits versus any other platform.

little sidenote: my patchcable count, just the 1/8 for my euro, is good over a 1000

and: that my (old) reworked Rack is now all an ark, makes patching so so so MUCH better !
you can´t imagine how much of a difference it makes, until you had that.
The cables do hang way way nicer. it creates like several levels in depth, within the cabling. Things get airy.
the whole feel is just so much better ! its awesome. No longer dead spots that suck to patch there.
reworked it durung last summer
any other forums for "experimental electronic music making" or eurorack to consider ?
beside "lines" which was allready suggested

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:05 am

some more, with the Modules more in focus:
upper5_bevr rebuild.JPG
VCO Corner, +- , and the two Mankato VCFs, used as octature modulators
Mankato corner.JPG
laptop with GP3 patch (Vst-Host), to process the modular
laptop4modu_gp3.JPG
Horse cock and donkey cock, ...oh yeah, they get Hot, haha
Tubes.JPG
edit: and NO Cats for me, because i love Cats so much ! (apartment in the city)
any other forums for "experimental electronic music making" or eurorack to consider ?

shize312
Common Wiggler

Post by shize312 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:14 pm

orbita wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:46 am
shize312 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:01 pm
New update on my rack!

I recently sold my Mantis and got a Doepfer LC6, couldn't be more happy.
Today i also got the Nin expander for Zadar, filling up the last 3hp i had still available💣
Why happier with the LC6? What didn't you like about the Mantis?
I have an LC9 actually and was considering a mantis for the desktop.
Hello orbita, DCDanno guessed it right!
The case depth plays a big role when choosing where to place the modules within the case; unfortunately the Mantis was to shallow for my needs!

EASYBOY
Common Wiggler

Post by EASYBOY » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:55 pm

Funky40 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:47 am
found out that my onboard macprogramm can manipulate fotos :lol:
the upper picture is more less up2date.
they keyboard Table and the tall white siderack were built by me, tinkered together in my kitchen. pita it was.
Both tailored to my specific needs that arose over the years.

1a. IMG_0094E1cut.jpeg
2.daylight-sidRck1_E3.jpeg

with all that: NO, i don´t produce ! i make music just for fun. I Experiment !!!
i do realtime works.
Love the ergonomics of that setup !

thats the first time i can say that, ......after a 15 years travel. Its big since 12 years. it was even way bigger 11 years back. (see page 151 of this thread. just: pics don´t allways load.....if there´s nothing loading from me at page 151)

Now, there is nolonger any module i could take out !
Well, The Rossum evolution filter is the next to go, and then next would have to be the thoughtafter E520 FX i guess.
...to give an idea which level of modules we speak that i need to throw out, to get something new in. its wild.
the siderack is just that: a siderack ! its a garage for modules i should use, but mostly might not. Exept the 2 doepfer vocoders, but also just used every now and then.

much likely do i have an amount of little helper modules, nowhere else seen. its immense !
the 3xMIA from happy Nerding makes my day ! in any patch session.
its just ALL about those two things: distribution of CVs ! AND: patching manual CV sources to the parameters, ...out of several reasons.
Thats, what makes my music.
so, the super duper shiny Gold Nugget modul count is way less in my rig, than in any other Rack with comparable size.

its the "movement" that makes the modules shine, ....and its the patch capabilities of that, which is one of euroracks main merits versus any other platform.

little sidenote: my patchcable count, just the 1/8 for my euro, is good over a 1000

and: that my (old) reworked Rack is now all an ark, makes patching so so so MUCH better !
you can´t imagine how much of a difference it makes, until you had that.
The cables do hang way way nicer. it creates like several levels in depth, within the cabling. Things get airy.
the whole feel is just so much better ! its awesome. No longer dead spots that suck to patch there.
reworked it durung last summer
Hi funky 40. Where did you get these mankato VCFs?

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:59 pm

EASYBOY wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:55 pm
Hi funky 40. Where did you get these mankato VCFs?
I got the original PCBs from "Magsmoke". I guess they don´t exist any longer. so, the rest was a DIY build from me.
I was in the DIY scene 10 years ago and back.
edit: ohh, that was all from the 5U scene. so those Modules have a depth behind the panel of something like 17cm or so.
and they run on 15V as supposed to be

Hastur
Common Wiggler

Post by Hastur » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:33 pm

Funky40 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:47 am
Wow, impressive ! It must be a joy to patch this beast !

Here's my humble setup. I will try to take a better picture the next time I unpatch it, I'm trying to finish a track for the moment, after a 2 weeks hiatus due to my mixer being dead. It was a good excuse to upgrade to something (a lot) better :hihi:
eurorack_setup.jpg

transistorresistor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by transistorresistor » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:56 pm

JedTheFish wrote:
I worked in radio for 49 years.
TFW you have a pic w Devo but post a picture of some stuff you bought instead hahahaha.

Dig the old show man.

RustyChuan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by RustyChuan » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:39 pm

176F1CA9-CDA2-41A8-ACD8-86C7093FA047.jpeg
Current travel case setup for little Techno Livejams around China

ricko
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ricko » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:47 am

20210402_114901.jpg
Here is my wind controller system, made to be a demo system for my Fricko modules: for played lines rather than autononous noises. It only recently seemed to come together as a playable instrument.

* The rack unit underneath holds a rackmount powerboards and the 240v AC to DC +/-13.5V power supply (three toroids.)

* The main case is a 12U tilting rack case from Swamp. The power comes in at the bottom front. So it is vaguely portable.

* The rack frames and 3 19-socket bus boards are from.Clicks'n'Clacks.

* Internally, I use my own Low Drop-Out (LSO) regulator boards to get the +/-12V power. So it has 4 regulators each for them.

* The bottom row is a cable holder which also serves to rest the Yamaha WX7 wind controller.

* The bottom row of modules has an 0ctex midi to CV interface, with my own panel to allow switching between two DIN connectors. There is a Doepfer slew unit to reduce rid of the jaggies on the breath CV. The only other essential module there is the quad 1in 5 out multi. (The rest of them --an ADSR, an VCF, a sawtooth animator, a CV splitter etc-- are not much used. I cannot imagine an ADSR without an Elby Velocitizer: so it is there too! There are gaps to fit new Fricko modules underwater.)

* The middle row is all Fricko DIY modules (Blip, Shell, Rasp, ProPulse waveshapers; Splice combiner; Vox H resonators; Clean, Blat, Tame, Duck dynamics processing); there are some unreleased modules in beta-testing on the right.

* The top row is the meat and pototoes: vco, vibrato, oscilloscope, dual vca, and output mix.

* After this (not shown), the stereo signal gets DI-ed to a Behringer Feedback Destroyer (used as a hi-Q resonant filter array, 2 x 20 bands) then through dual White Instruments passive 30 band EQs. I am trying out a Mooer multi effect pedal too.

Next? One plan is to use the 1U remaining space for a set of multi-in multi-out buffers (e.g. a 5-in 5-out summing mult for the pitch CV which will free up some spaces, and perhaps can be normalled behind the panel.)

simplersounds
Learning to Wiggle

Post by simplersounds » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:03 pm

skinlayers wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:10 pm
I bought my first modules about a month ago. This is how my rack evolved (or how I gave a bunch of money to Patchwerks and Reverb).

2021-03-04

2021-03-07

2021-03-11

2021-03-13: Upgraded to a 7U Palette case.

2021-03-14: Polyphonic!

2021-03-15

2021-03-17

2021-03-29: Returned the Poly 2 due to compatibility issues with my Seaboard RISE. :(

2021-04-01: Theremined!
What's the cable organizer called, looks handy!

skinlayers
Learning to Wiggle

Post by skinlayers » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:45 pm

simplersounds wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:03 pm
skinlayers wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:10 pm

[...]
[...]
What's the cable organizer called, looks handy!
Eurodesk-Z HEX-01. It cost $50 USD, and goes on top of a mic stand.
I also got their NUT-Z, to bolt it down with.
There's also the Eurodesk-Z HEX-25 for 1/4 inch patch cables.

0OHM
Learning to Wiggle

Post by 0OHM » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:03 pm

First post here, thank you all for the inspiration and information! Been lurking for years and hopped in the eurorack train a couple of years ago. It's really interesting to see the different ways people go about these setups and the many ways to use them.
SETUP_1.jpeg

electricfence
Wiggling with Experience

Post by electricfence » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:36 pm

0OHM wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:03 pm
First post here, thank you all for the inspiration and information! Been lurking for years and hopped in the eurorack train a couple of years ago. It's really interesting to see the different ways people go about these setups and the many ways to use them.

SETUP_1.jpeg
That looks very slick, but how do you keep track of your inputs and outputs?

zigzidane
Learning to Wiggle

Post by zigzidane » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:00 am

First time posting! Here's my skiff :)
Attachments
77F438DE-BCC2-4B5C-8DEA-0B9A8CA2FCA6.jpeg

Glowlabs
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Glowlabs » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:55 am

So many great setups on here, really interesting to see different approaches to building a system; here is my current setup, quite happy with how it works currently but i do have a couple of modules i want to swap out/move about. Little Nerd is the main culprit, has a habbit of occasionally skipping input triggers which is quite annoying when trying to record stuff live!
Attachments
20210408_104024.jpg

NYfiction
1-Post Wiggler

Post by NYfiction » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:54 am

Just built this little monster. Fun fun fun!
9D2C5680-3BD5-49A5-926A-6738A912EE1B.jpeg

0OHM
Learning to Wiggle

Post by 0OHM » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:49 am

That looks very slick, but how do you keep track of your inputs and outputs?
Just gotta commit to simpler modules which I mostly prefer in terms of routing anyway and memorizing the ins and outs before going for the look. Gets you in a more focused state on choosing and learning the ones you really like in your workflow and then sealing the deal hah!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”