Ladik love

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
smithjohn
Common Wiggler
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:01 am
Location: Bat country

Post by smithjohn » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:40 am

Love the fact that many Ladik modules are highly configurable via jumpers to suit different needs. I have 13 of them and there's a couple dozen more that I'd like to get :hyper:

Granular
Common Wiggler
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: Switzerland (Bern)

Post by Granular » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:39 am

Is there something like the P-520 but in 2HP?

User avatar
Shledge
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2868
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:47 pm
Location: UK

Post by Shledge » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:54 am

Not really, and likely will be an ergonomic nightmare if it did exist.

Granular
Common Wiggler
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: Switzerland (Bern)

Post by Granular » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:56 am

Shledge wrote:and likely will be an ergonomic nightmare if it did exist.
Think you are right :razz:

Are there any other modules comparable to this?

User avatar
cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3617
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 am
Location: People's Republic of Scotland

Post by cptnal » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:59 am

Anyone know if Vj's on leave? The website's not taking orders and I don't want to bother him with work emails if he's taking a well-earned.

User avatar
Shledge
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2868
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:47 pm
Location: UK

Post by Shledge » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:11 am

Granular wrote:
Shledge wrote:and likely will be an ergonomic nightmare if it did exist.
Think you are right :razz:

Are there any other modules comparable to this?
You're looking at the cheapest option.

Granular
Common Wiggler
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: Switzerland (Bern)

Post by Granular » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:13 am

Shledge wrote:
Granular wrote:
Shledge wrote:and likely will be an ergonomic nightmare if it did exist.
Think you are right :razz:

Are there any other modules comparable to this?
You're looking at the cheapest option.
I know. How could it get cheaper than The P-520

But are there other modules like this, except for the price? :-)

User avatar
Shledge
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2868
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:47 pm
Location: UK

Post by Shledge » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:16 am

Any preamp module - a few VCAs can do this too eg. Veils with its +20dB boost.

Granular
Common Wiggler
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: Switzerland (Bern)

Post by Granular » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:38 am

Shledge wrote:Any preamp module - a few VCAs can do this too eg. Veils with its +20dB boost.
Isn't the P-520 for bringing down Level to -20dB or -10dB? Don't you mean the A-520? :hmm:

User avatar
slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:27 am
Location: 44G
Contact:

Post by slumberjack » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:39 pm

cptnal wrote:Anyone know if Vj's on leave? The website's not taking orders and I don't want to bother him with work emails if he's taking a well-earned.
It's vacation time so would make sense...

User avatar
sjbucks
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:02 am

Post by sjbucks » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:50 am

I recently got some Ladik modules for my first rack. They all seem to work fine, apart from the R-210 Random CV.

It outputs random CV as it should, but the built in quantizer just doesn't seem to work. The same notes are coming out regardless of what scale I select. Even on the more common major and minor scales.

I tried sending it to different oscillators/synths, but it's the same with all of them, so it's not just that the VCO is unstable.

Has anyone else found this? I'm hesitant to send it back in case it's just user error on my part, but I seem to be doing exactly what the instructions say and it's not behaving as expected.

I can't see anything on the website saying it needs to be calibrated.

User avatar
Johnnyfive
Common Wiggler
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:59 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by Johnnyfive » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:58 pm

sjbucks wrote:I recently got some Ladik modules for my first rack. They all seem to work fine, apart from the R-210 Random CV.

It outputs random CV as it should, but the built in quantizer just doesn't seem to work. The same notes are coming out regardless of what scale I select. Even on the more common major and minor scales.

I tried sending it to different oscillators/synths, but it's the same with all of them, so it's not just that the VCO is unstable.

Has anyone else found this? I'm hesitant to send it back in case it's just user error on my part, but I seem to be doing exactly what the instructions say and it's not behaving as expected.

I can't see anything on the website saying it needs to be calibrated.
I'd suggest you email VJ at the contact address on the ladik website - he's been super helpful whenever I've had queries!

Granular
Common Wiggler
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: Switzerland (Bern)

Post by Granular » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:32 am

Just received my P-520 today. Only took an few days to ship to Switzerland.

Excellent Service !! :yay:

User avatar
mcpepe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:35 pm
Contact:

Post by mcpepe » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:50 am

Can anyone talk me about the noise N-030 Noise/Random? Can I have a noise audio output (white noise or whatever) from it? Is there any video demo?

User avatar
smithjohn
Common Wiggler
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:01 am
Location: Bat country

Post by smithjohn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:53 am

Seems like the N-030 can output either digital noise or random voltages based on the description. I don't have it in my rack though.

User avatar
MindMachine
weekend warrior
Posts: 6598
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am
Location: Santa Susana Field Lab

Post by MindMachine » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:52 pm

Has anyone got the L-122 Uncertain LFO yet? The screen shots look impressive and the super slow range is what I like in any LFO.

I hope to score soon (as the GBP is a good deal at the time) along with the S-610 Composer N and maybe the J-120 Dual Comparator.


http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=2550
FS: A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR, Erica VCA 2, SP-555 Sampler and more - CHEAP!!!
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

User avatar
bradovic
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by bradovic » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:01 pm

MindMachine wrote:Has anyone got the L-122 Uncertain LFO yet? The screen shots look impressive and the super slow range is what I like in any LFO.

I hope to score soon (as the GBP is a good deal at the time) along with the S-610 Composer N and maybe the J-120 Dual Comparator.


http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=2550
Yes i have it, its awesome! It sure does a lot of things in 4 HP
It goes nice and slow indeed and has a lot of different waveshapes! Dialing in a touch of uncertainty and using as a clock source is fun.
Then when you start CV'ing the uncertainty it gets really cool!

User avatar
diffrentstrolks
Common Wiggler
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:54 pm
Location: Houston

Post by diffrentstrolks » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:12 am

For anyone who loves the K-010/011 as much as I do, we now have a new member to the K family-- K-012 Keyboard gates

http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=2774

I requested/suggested this expander to vj in January after noticing Doepfer's keyboard/manual gates combo (A-173-1/2). He was immediately receptive to the idea, and actually sent me the pcb and panel design 3 days after I emailed him (it was almost as if he was already working on it! :hmm:)

There is not a "keyboard split" mode like on the Doepfer set wherein you can prohibit certain keys/buttons from generating CV (i.e. the buttons only fire gates); however, I think this trio will lead to some really interesting melodies/patterns when you consider everything on offer (manual cv/gates with the K-010/K-012 available at the same times as triggered cv/gates with the K-010/K-011).

Also, weaving gate outputs of notes back into the trig inputs of other notes may prove to be very interesting :woah:
diffrent folks

User avatar
shoottofill
Common Wiggler
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:38 pm
Location: South Omaha
Contact:

Post by shoottofill » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:21 am

http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=2795
Looks like a precision adder was added (if this is old I somehow missed it)
this might be next on my list from them

mcnys
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:23 am
Location: Lithuania

Post by mcnys » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:18 am

mcpepe wrote:Can anyone talk me about the noise N-030 Noise/Random? Can I have a noise audio output (white noise or whatever) from it? Is there any video demo?
you can, it's kinda white noise'ish.

HZR
Common Wiggler
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:51 am
Location: Germany

Post by HZR » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:09 pm

I received my Drummer Girl a couple weeks ago and this thing is super usable (i send all 3 triggers to the 3 inputs of Matter)
Its pretty solid build and good looking in black! :yay:

There was also a ladik-branded cable hangar in my package, also nice to have!

I will add modules from ladik to my rack, when my wallet is full enough again :hihi:

User avatar
PhineasFreak
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1929
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:49 am
Location: South Wales

Post by PhineasFreak » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:26 pm

i'm in love with ladiks noise gates - never found anything else that is as compact ior even actuallty is a true gate as far as i make use of em in eurorack - and at ladik prices combined with the fact when emailed even tho out of stock he ran up a few specially for me, his service is aqwesome - ive also bought 6 of his eqs that fully defeat a given band, a trig/gate delay and a derivator - and i got plans on about another 10 of his.

[i.e. huge fan of...]
https://thomaswulfe.bandcamp.com/
http://www.soundcloud.com/ylem-records/
http://www.soundcloud.com/best-of-ylem/
http://www.soundcloud.com/waxcide/
http://thomaswulfe.muffwiggler.com/
http://ljunggrenaudio.com/
http://waxcide.bandcamp.com/
Just remember what Phineas would say... "eurorack can get you through times of no money better than money can get you through times of no eurorack". - bkbirge/

User avatar
MindMachine
weekend warrior
Posts: 6598
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am
Location: Santa Susana Field Lab

Post by MindMachine » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Just noticed this one (Median U-041). Trying to think how it would be useful. I would have to try it out to get to grips with it I think. Love these odd modules.

http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=2277



Image
FS: A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR, Erica VCA 2, SP-555 Sampler and more - CHEAP!!!
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

electricanada
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 am
Location: Norfolk, VA

Post by electricanada » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:10 pm

shoottofill wrote:http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=2795
Looks like a precision adder was added (if this is old I somehow missed it)
this might be next on my list from them
I don’t quite understand it. Is it like Rebel Tech’s Tonic, perhaps?
Eléctrica (electric) Nāda (the yoga of sound).

User avatar
Fog Door
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:04 pm
Location: Down, down, down the dark ladder

Post by Fog Door » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Got a Twin-T Drums, listed as discontinued on Modular Grid, overjoyed to still be able to order one direct. Somewhat limited module due to its preset nature but exactly what I was looking for, LOVE IT. Great customer service too, despatched astonishingly quickly :tu:

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”