Ladik love

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Keltie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Keltie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:41 pm

MindMachine wrote:Just noticed this one (Median U-041). Trying to think how it would be useful. I would have to try it out to get to grips with it I think. Love these odd modules.

http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=2277

Yeh, it’s a bit of a head scratcher that one. I’m thinking it would be good for generative/ random/ heavy modulation patches. It outputs the middle value of three ins, and the inverse of that. Two of the ins can be attenuverted to affect the outs.

Think... take middle out of three sloths / lfos / WHY.... guessing it might work with gates too, or as a waveform modder / in odd ways. Like the min/ max in MI Kinks, but with three ins.

I’m a big Ladik fan. I’d add +1 to the love for the noise gate. Simple, but bloody brilliant for me. I have a bit box, and the screen is a bit whiny. Not too bad usually, but through a wavefolder it becomes unusable. Added a Ladik noise gate and now I can fold the crap out of drum loops, no worries.....

Sure, it’s just env>vca, but this does it in one, no trigger needed, with nice control of the times.

Also all that 90s gated pad action....

I also added a delayed LFO recently, and that works great for me, plus a dual AD/AR, and I’m eyeing the silenzio NR and maybe the env/vca combo.... preferably before we fall out of the EU in a coupla weeks time. :sadbanana:

VJ needs to move to the UK..... :woah:

Fog Door
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Fog Door » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:28 am

preferably before we fall out of the EU in a coupla weeks time
Yeah, I recently had to pay £80+ duty/VAT on a module from the US, if modules from the EU end up with a similar tariff that will be awful

fowlutter
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fowlutter » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:07 pm

any quick notes/reviews on the Composer (S-610N)? Not a lot of info out there about this module

hlprmnky
Common Wiggler

Post by hlprmnky » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:59 pm

I just want to say that I picked up an A-540 (output module) and it is a delight. Very straightforward device but lots of careful thought and skillful design put into ergonomics and configuration via jumpers, and the build quality is well above what I was expecting for a “low-cost” module. I would happily recommend Ladik to anyone.

parasabda
Learning to Wiggle

Post by parasabda » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:12 am

Also a Ladik lover over here! I recently picked up a U-070 Gate/Tap module from gridrunner and I must say its an incredibly handy module for its price and size. You can use it to manually fire off a gate or triffer, you can use it as a make shift clock with tap tempo, and even use it to divide and multiply external clocks. Can't recommend it enough!

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:30 pm

fowlutter wrote:any quick notes/reviews on the Composer (S-610N)? Not a lot of info out there about this module
I ordered one today along with the:

LADIK L-122 UNCERTAIN LFO
LADIK L-010 ANIMATOR

I will report back in a couple of weeks.

Next up...

LADIK T-240 TRANSPOSER
LADIK J-120 COMPARATOR

... and possibly that Median module U-041 (although I think I have that covered).
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs, dotcom Q128 for 37.00
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718

sutekina bipu-on
Ultra Wiggler

Post by sutekina bipu-on » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:58 am

I almost got a Composer N, but then i decided the R-120 fit my setup a little better. 0 regrets.

The U-041 Median seems very cool but it doesn't have much use in a smaller setup. In a big expansive setup, I think the voltage limiter and fixed cv source examples have a place in any giant setup :hmm:

fowlutter
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fowlutter » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:13 am

sutekina bipu-on wrote:I almost got a Composer N, but then i decided the R-120 fit my setup a little better. 0 regrets.
How do the Composer and the R-120 differ? The controls are almost the same

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:07 pm

fowlutter wrote:
sutekina bipu-on wrote:I almost got a Composer N, but then i decided the R-120 fit my setup a little better. 0 regrets.
How do the Composer and the R-120 differ? The controls are almost the same
Well the Composer N has pre-programmed 'random' patterns.

mister_wavey
Common Wiggler

Post by mister_wavey » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:04 am

When I recently ordered the 4ch switch and eq-5, instead of the usual free bundled cable holder, my delivery included 4hp and 2hp ladik blank plates and a big bag of screws and plastic washers. Already have 8 of the cable holders, so didn't really need any more, and the 6hp was just perfect to close up the gap in this makeshift case! love ladik!

And the 4ch switch is just wonderful!

PhineasFreak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by PhineasFreak » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:14 am

i recieved 9 ladik logic/mathematical/computational modules on weds - its fri and i'm still in studio playing with my [for now] complete gen seq case

it's been making techno for me :)

a wall of ladik logic [fun to say over n over :D ] does sooooo well at generative!

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:18 am

PhineasFreak wrote:i recieved 9 ladik logic/mathematical/computational modules on weds - its fri and i'm still in studio playing with my [for now] complete gen seq case

it's been making techno for me :)

a wall of ladik logic [fun to say over n over :D ] does sooooo well at generative!
Yeah, I'm sure it does. I've been considering getting the whole line myself, especially that majority module. Which ones did you get?
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

PhineasFreak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by PhineasFreak » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:35 pm

L to R:

U-040 Min-~Max
B-010 Bool2
B-011 Sqntl2
U-031 G-to-T
S-090 Skipper
J-120 Comparator
U-041 Median
B-030 Majority
B-020 Bool3

my gen case already had
S-186 Dual dly
J-110 Derivator

and i know not ladik but also highly recomended in the world of compact logic/math,

2 x Klavis logica XT
!!!

akrenaut
Common Wiggler

Post by akrenaut » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:50 pm

The drum girl and drum boy are both really cool compact drum modules. Nice thing about drum girl is directing the outputs to 3 different percussion sources instead of just drum boy.

propertyof
Wiggling with Experience

Post by propertyof » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:25 pm

I’m planning to order some stuffs again from Ladik soon, I got quick question first, anyone has experience with Ladik C-310 Dual S&H/T&H module?
How is it compare to Doepfer version (A-148)?

ZargZorg
Common Wiggler

Post by ZargZorg » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Anyone can vouch for the quality of the line inputs laid offers?

PhineasFreak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by PhineasFreak » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:33 am

i'm in love with the probability skipper s-090:

if your gnerative patch has a trigger firing to often and it sounds chaotic - just dial in the amount you want as a percentage of total and you sorted it!

R.U.Nuts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by R.U.Nuts » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:09 am

ZargZorg wrote:Anyone can vouch for the quality of the line inputs laid offers?
A-530 is great. Zero noise, transparent, good amount of gain, solid 1/4" jacks.

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:06 pm

ive had a lot of ladik over the years and enjoyed them
great quality build and price very reasonably
in comparison to some of the flashy modules of similar function!!!

the only thing ive noticed is similar to doepfer, they just have a plain Jane visual aesthetic, something ive always been fond of, some boring everyday looking gear that can get totally wierd real fast.
but a lotta folks look over the ladiks and dopefers of the gear realm because they' aren't juiced up with flashy lights or eye catching graphics and unfortunately for a lot of folks and from talking with a bit of new comers to the modular realm they see the ladiks & other with the minimalistic graphic approach and take it as a sign of the quality or functionality or something,
ive been ask a few time are "these any good they look low budget"(implying thats a bad thing) so it seems sometimes that eye candy makes the sell. not necessarily because it looks cooler but because things that are less blingy dont stand out as much on the shelf
but im sure glad the guys at ladik are making great stuff for a very accessible price and are making enough to keep there pockets lined well enough to not be dicouraged by that kinda mindset that is some times hard to over come, when theres alway something out there that looks rad and sound just as awesome. cause even though the draw for most all of us is the functionality and ability to make what were hearing in out heads, it sure is fun to have some one see your system and stand there looking utterly confused with no a darn clue what it is or how its make them cool sounds.
WTB:, MA35 filter. -Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 pm

On their website Ladik say that they will be closed for most of December. So order now!

Looks like Transposer will be first 2020 Ladik order for me:

sutekina bipu-on
Ultra Wiggler

Post by sutekina bipu-on » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:38 pm

akrenaut wrote:The drum girl and drum boy are both really cool compact drum modules. Nice thing about drum girl is directing the outputs to 3 different percussion sources instead of just drum boy.
Drum Boy is the first thing i had since the MXR 185 that truly has its vibe. Drum Girl has a similar timing so its all in all basically a linn in 8 hp. God damn its sick

Ive been thinking about some of the ladik VCO's, but its hard to find demos on them.

The people who ignore anything "boring looking" at the people who are gonna be paying out the ass for used Doepfer in 10 years so :despair:

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:38 am

sutekina bipu-on wrote:
akrenaut wrote:The drum girl and drum boy are both really cool compact drum modules. Nice thing about drum girl is directing the outputs to 3 different percussion sources instead of just drum boy.
Drum Boy is the first thing i had since the MXR 185 that truly has its vibe. Drum Girl has a similar timing so its all in all basically a linn in 8 hp. God damn its sick

Ive been thinking about some of the ladik VCO's, but its hard to find demos on them.

The people who ignore anything "boring looking" at the people who are gonna be paying out the ass for used Doepfer in 10 years so :despair:
...got one in use, beside it's basic function there's no standing back in anything compared the the cwejman in my rig (so: both are noticably louder and got more punch in the mix than any other vco i own).
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

Carefully crafted dj set meandering between deep house, minimal and electro.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:17 am

PhineasFreak wrote: U-040 Min-~Max
B-010 Bool2
B-011 Sqntl2
U-031 G-to-T
S-090 Skipper
J-120 Comparator
U-041 Median
B-030 Majority
B-020 Bool3

my gen case already had
S-186 Dual dly
J-110 Derivator

and i know not ladik but also highly recomended in the world of compact logic/math,

2 x Klavis logica XT
!!!
Yeah, I got most of those but I don't have the Majority module. I'll get that soon enough, I'm sure, but I had my eyes on the Klavis Logica XT for a while so I snugged one of those instead. Need CV control over logic and couldn't fit the Plog - plus the Klavis design covers everything. Unfortunately the particular case where the XT is going doesn't have that much space - I wish it did, I'd love to have all the Ladik logic modules in one row. So many calculations to be had! It already sports 5 x Ladik modules at 6U 84hp ... :hihi:
propertyof wrote:I’m planning to order some stuffs again from Ladik soon, I got quick question first, anyone has experience with Ladik C-310 Dual S&H/T&H module?
How is it compare to Doepfer version (A-148)?
I have the Ladik C-310 and I've been very happy with it. What you see is what you get. No comment on drooping, I've never paid attention to it/it has never bothered me. Other than that, it's simple and efficient. But take my opinion with a grain of salt - if it's any Ladik design 4-8hp I'm a fan and want it instantly. I don't know why, vj has my heart.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

PhineasFreak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by PhineasFreak » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:58 pm

Paranormal Patroler wrote:Yeah, I got most of those but I don't have the Majority module. I'll get that soon enough, I'm sure, but I had my eyes on the Klavis Logica XT for a while so I snugged one of those instead.... ...I don't know why, vj has my heart.
i'm in love with the majority already due to the gating ability - to be able to freeze processing by gating it means you can chain sequencers like those rows/columns/sneks in the z0800 to get super long weirdly clocked sequences. great for knocking marbles into a a new groove each time the deja vu input is pinged i'm finding...

the ladiks and the klavis play well together also - i'm thinking an entire case of 4u modules would great fun but how the hell do you power that many off a couple of busboards - so many sockets needed - i already struggle with all the ladik eqs and gates + the 4u compressors in my mixer case

i also have a great love for vj for giving such a beautiful example of beauty via form from function to the world \o/

drewfx1
Common Wiggler

Post by drewfx1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:29 pm

PhineasFreak wrote:but how the hell do you power that many off a couple of busboards - so many sockets needed - i already struggle with all the ladik eqs and gates + the 4u compressors in my mixer case
If only someone sold power cables with a few sockets.

Something like this:

http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=1374

:hihi:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”