Sputnik Modular (general thread)

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Re: Sputnik Modular (general thread)

Post by MindMachine » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:23 pm

^ Awesome rig and yes! I was just looking at the Sputnik website (surprised it is still a thing) and would love a couple of those never made modules. The Dual Envelope and Gates, Sequential Filter and Frequency Shifter.

I'm currently only sporting a Dual VCO, two VCO's and a 5 Stage Programmer, but might look for a couple of others eventually.

http://sputnik-modular.com/
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

Ebotronix
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Ebotronix » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:35 pm

there are so many great new modules on there webside ...
still waiting, please Mr Roman Filippow do it again...

iamkory
Learning to Wiggle

Re:

Post by iamkory » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:27 am

roman_f wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:26 am

SPUTNIK MODULAR KB MD EXPANDER

stores and sequences up to 4 voices entered from SPUTNIK KEYBOARD
uses it's own cv/pulse outputs
up to 99 steps and 99 presets
polyphonic glider
standalone mode (means, say, you can program it at home, disconnect from the keyboard and take to a live-gig)
So I’ve been looking for this for AGES. Did it ever actually release?? Really need this functionality with my Sputnik touch keyboard. Surprising there isn’t really any modules that do this, regardless of it being this specific expander or not :(

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Re:

Post by mritenburg » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:31 pm

iamkory wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:27 am
So I’ve been looking for this for AGES. Did it ever actually release?? Really need this functionality with my Sputnik touch keyboard. Surprising there isn’t really any modules that do this, regardless of it being this specific expander or not :(
It was never released. There are a few programmable function generators/sequencers out there that can achieve similar results in terms of output and memory storage, but wouldn’t be programmed with the Sputnik keyboard. The Rossum Control Forge is one, and there are several others.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:32 pm

There were a handful of Sputniks teased and never released. It would have been a great line-up with some modern twists.

I still lust a few. I've hade great experiences with the few modules that I own.
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Someone keeps paying the fees to keep the Sputnik website online even though production ceased several years ago, so it’s possible Sputnik may resume production at some point, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:19 pm

mritenburg wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:57 pm
Someone keeps paying the fees to keep the Sputnik website online even though production ceased several years ago, so it’s possible Sputnik may resume production at some point, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
It's a really strange situation. Made even stranger by the fact that those in the know won't divulge any info about future plans, who now owns it, etc.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:40 am

exper wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:19 pm
mritenburg wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:57 pm
It's a really strange situation. Made even stranger by the fact that those in the know won't divulge any info about future plans, who now owns it, etc.
[tin foil hat]
i agree - and i was just thinking about of what possible scenario could make sense of it.. and all i could come up with is a gag order by the buyer who would probably need decent funds to do so. sounds like a behringer type of move to me if true.

oh whoops, almost left this on [/tin foil hat]

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:00 am

dooj88 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:40 am
i agree - and i was just thinking about of what possible scenario could make sense of it.
Disclaimer: some of my post is speculation based on a couple of known facts.

We know for a fact that Buchla USA has partnered with various clone builders recently. They partnered with Catalyst audio to release the eurorack Buchla 100 series modules. And they partnered with The Human Comparator for the full-sized Buchla 100 reissue.

We know for a fact from interviews that Buchla USA is also planning on reissuing select full-sized Buchla 200 series modules.

We know that both Catalyst Audio and THC ceased communicating publicly about their clone projects after they partnered with Buchla USA.

Here’s where the speculation comes in. The Sputnik Modular modules are based on the Buchla 200 series. It’s possible (though maybe not probable) the whomever owns Sputnik is working with Buchla USA to produce Buchla 200 series modules for eurorack. And that’s why we haven’t heard anything yet because Buchla USA likes to orchestrate product release info, etc.

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:55 am

that's quite a well reasoned (and awesome if true!) response to my raving speculation

natureclubcassettes
Veteran Wiggler

Post by natureclubcassettes » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:54 am

mritenburg wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:00 am
dooj88 wrote:
i agree - and i was just thinking about of what possible scenario could make sense of it.

We know for a fact that Buchla USA has partnered with various clone builders recently. They partnered with Catalyst audio to release the eurorack Buchla 100 series modules. And they partnered with The Human Comparator for the full-sized Buchla 100 reissue.
Wait, I must have missed this. Can you link to information about THC and Buchla doing the 100 reissue?

pre55ure
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pre55ure » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:14 pm

mritenburg wrote:
dooj88 wrote:

Here’s where the speculation comes in. The Sputnik Modular modules are based on the Buchla 200 series. It’s possible (though maybe not probable) the whomever owns Sputnik is working with Buchla USA to produce Buchla 200 series modules for eurorack. And that’s why we haven’t heard anything yet because Buchla USA likes to orchestrate product release info, etc.
Thats a very good theory, but incorrect.

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:09 pm

natureclubcassettes wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:54 am
mritenburg wrote:
dooj88 wrote:

Wait, I must have missed this. Can you link to information about THC and Buchla doing the 100 reissue?
It's been communicated in a couple different places. All of the photos of the 100 reissue are of the system built by THC. It's mentioned at 1:43:50 in this interview: http://sourceofuncertainty.audio/podcas ... -eric-fox/

JSHG
Learning to Wiggle

Post by JSHG » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:05 am

I know this is the General Sputnik Thread but thought some folks would dig seeing my complete sputnik Case. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hek
Common Wiggler

Post by Hek » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Wow really nice. How is the sequencer? When i look at it now it seems perfect

JSHG
Learning to Wiggle

Post by JSHG » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:28 pm

I think it’s great! The selector is a must or any sequential switch.

Wafflethorpe
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Wafflethorpe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:40 pm

Not sure if this is the place to post this. Please let me know if there's a better place.

I've got a Sputnik modular keyboard that just doesn't want to function. I've tried to get in touch a coupke times through their site, but no response. Any idea who I should contact for repairs?

loorenz
Common Wiggler

Post by loorenz » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:12 am

Wafflethorpe wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:40 pm
Not sure if this is the place to post this. Please let me know if there's a better place.

I've got a Sputnik modular keyboard that just doesn't want to function. I've tried to get in touch a coupke times through their site, but no response. Any idea who I should contact for repairs?
The modules were manufactured and distributed by Darkplace, try here :
https://darkplacemfg.com/sputnik-modular/

Return to “Eurorack Modules”