MusicThing Radio Music -- sounds, patches, ideas

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, lisa, Kent, Joe.

crippletoe
Common Wiggler

Background noise

Post by crippletoe » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:51 am

Hi, I am getting some really noticeable background noise when using my new Radio Music module.
Couldn't find much information about that in searches. has anyone else experienced this? Is this just how the module works?
-------------------------------------
http://www.eliadwagner.com
-------------------------------------
wtb: Intellijel buff mult

NS4W
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NS4W » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:59 am

A question about the CV input of Radio Music:

I have a random value from 0 to 5V on Start, choosing a random start point in a file with approx 20min of audio. If the CV goes above around 3.7V the start point will allways be set to the very beginning of the file.

Is the CV input range only from 0-3.7V?

1/7B
Common Wiggler

Re: Background noise

Post by 1/7B » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:21 pm

crippletoe wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:51 am
Hi, I am getting some really noticeable background noise when using my new Radio Music module.
Couldn't find much information about that in searches. has anyone else experienced this? Is this just how the module works?
Not shure but maybe this can help : https://github.com/TomWhitwell/RadioMusic/issues/70

Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler

Re: MusicThing Radio Music -- sounds, patches, ideas

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:12 am

Hi.

I have two Radio Music modules built by different persons and very often, while changing samples with cv, both modules glitch like crazy. I tried changing the crossfade rates on the Settings file but it doesn't change my problem. I believe it's me not patching it right and not a building issue but I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me tips regarding how I could have my samples change smoothly, without glitches and with nice crossfade between each samples, while using the Radio Music with a Turing Machine for instance (that's the module I use it with the most.)

Thank you very much!

cliffemu
Veteran Wiggler

Post by cliffemu » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:56 am

There’s no actual cross fade because it can’t play two samples at once. The parameters just add a fade-in.

Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:43 am

Makes sense, I'm stupid, thanks. Then I'll make real crossfades with my two Radio Musics and VCAs haha.

That doesn't solve my glitching issue though.

Jefro
Common Wiggler

Post by Jefro » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:40 am

Euro Trash Bazooka wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:43 am
Makes sense, I'm stupid, thanks. Then I'll make real crossfades with my two Radio Musics and VCAs haha.

That doesn't solve my glitching issue though.
For the glitching, try a different sd card. That fixed it for two of my radio musics.

Euro Trash Bazooka
Common Wiggler

Post by Euro Trash Bazooka » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:29 am

Both were brand new SanDisk 32gb SD card, sigh...

EPTC
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by EPTC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Hey all - I love this thread!

Can anyone confirm if there is any setting possible with the recent firmware that allows for BOTH pitch shifting and station playing in the background? I know the configuration on http://polyfather.com/radio_music/ states " any reset signal will play the current sound from the beginning" but wondering if that means even changing the dial on stations?

Even if there's an extremely limited settings indicator that would allow for just pitch and background music stations, even without CV, I'd love to know.

Current workaround is to have one session where I play the stations, record them to another SD with pitch enabled and then play pitch with that card. But that's obviously less entertaining than pitch and station switching at the same time.

Also: I just modified an album of mine to include a Radio Music bank of all the tracks. Each track is meant to be a separate "TV Station" of music, so offering it in Radio Music format works really well. A download from Bandcamp will give you a preformatted bank that's in Headerless RAW/MONO so it'll work in either firmware version. Just drop into an SD card to mix the music around. Here's the album:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”