Jomox ModBase 09 1.02 firmware? Please Help!

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe., lisa

metaBit
Veteran Wiggler

Jomox ModBase 09 1.02 firmware? Please Help!

Post by metaBit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:20 am

I have a Jomox ModBase 09 that has always been missing a crucial feature that is listed in the v1.0 manual, that being the ability to control the accent with the CV1 ialways

I've recently discovered that my unit has the 1.01 firmware, but that new models come with 1.02 firmware that actually do include the functionality that is listed in the manual. I have written to Jomox 3 times over the last 3 weeks requesting that they send me the newer firmware so that I can make my module function as it was promised to function in the manual but I have had no response.

Gotta say, I'm pretty unhappy with Jomox customer service, especially when their documentation says that this functionality exists in v1.0 but it clearly doesn't. A drum module with no control over velocity or accent is pretty sad.

So now I am writing to you my fellow wigglers to see if any of you can help me. Do any of you have the firmware file that you could share with me so that I can update my ModBase09?

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:44 am

Hmm that's really bad, though as i understand it Jomox is like one guy? Hopefully he / they will put up the firmware on the page, like they have for some of their other hardware.

How do i check which firmware i have?

It's hard to find stuff on their page.. i found this page using google:

http://www.jomox.de/product_details.php ... duct_id=16

nothing listed under updates :/ just some tools which i guess doesnt include any firmware update.

meska
Wiggling with Experience

Post by meska » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:14 am

bemushroomed wrote:Jomox is like one guy? .
Yes

As i have understand in another tread the firmware ubdate is for very soon; i have already update my modBrane 11 and it's work perfectly ;)

The big probleme of Jomox is firmwear.. allway sightly bug, very lonng tuime for new realise ect..

But SONG PRETTY AWESOME ! ;)

Be patient
tremblap wrote: In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.
www.meska.fr
https://statikwave.bandcamp.com/

metaBit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by metaBit » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:35 am

Well, not sure if it is coincidence or not but I just got an email from Jurgen saying he'll get me the firmware file very soon!

As far as checking which firmware you have, the version number is shown if you dial past the last preset on the ModBase 09. Also, if you are on the old firmware then ACC will not be a CV1 destination.

metaBit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by metaBit » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:37 pm

So the new ModBase 09 firmware (1.02) is now available on the Jomox website, and doing the update seems to work fine, except that when it completes, I'm still left with 1.01.

I can use the .mid file provided by Jomox to set the device back to the default presets so I feel like it likely isn't an issue with the way I'm doing the update. For the record, I'm using an RME UFX and SysEx Librarian. The Jomox SysExDumper app won't even run on my MacBook Pro running Yosemite (10.10.2).

Has anyone has success updating their firmware?

metaBit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by metaBit » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:27 am

Bump.

Have any Mac users been able to update their Jomox Modbase09 module to the 1.02 firmware?

sauflesautres
Common Wiggler

Post by sauflesautres » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:26 am

You might want to test your midi interface with the Jomox midi interface tester software. I think it comes with the XBase 999 sample tool. It was useful when i had trouble sending samples to my 999. Some midi interface drivers seems to eat up parts of sysex dumps.

If this tool reports a problem, you should try with another midi interface.

Don't know if this works under the latest Mac OS though.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Did anyone successfully manage to update to v1.04?

The module doesn't seem to have any problems taking all the 13 "events" of SYSEX from my ESI Juli@ MIDI-interface. It always ends with "509" on the screen. I have no idea if that is correct since there is no info on what's supposed to happen if it's successful. I don't have any problems uploading the soundbank sysex either, it goes to "98".

The module works afterwards but the claimed update with a new PrN option is not to be seen anywhere. I've turned on/off to be sure the new OS is loaded.

The last modulation option for CV1 is: ACC, previous is 2L |
for CV2 the last modulation option is 2L | previous is 2Lr.
Not sure if that is correct.

I went through CV1-4 but i can not find PrN anywhere. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place, but i don't really see how.. Any help would be great.

henrry
Common Wiggler

Jomox ModBase Update using Paralles Desktop 13

Post by henrry » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:06 pm

Hello body.
Just to let know that the update was possible for me by using following

hardware:
- MacBook Pro
- ESI MIDIMate eX

Sofware:
- MacOS Sierra
- Parallels Desktop 13 running Windows 10

As a guy from Jomox told me by phone, the constant system updates from Mac and their changes in the USB protocols make difficult to keep a simple class compliant USB/MIDI device working.

So i tried Parallels Desktop 13 running Windows 10.

The most tricky part was to have the ESI MIDIMate eX midi out appear as a midi device in the SysExDumper.exe soft provided by jomox.
For this I had to turn Parallels and Windows on and of several times, plugging in and out the ESI MIDIMate eX, selecting and unselecting it as an external device for Windows loads of times as well.

I don t know if this helped but I first installed a soft called CoolSoft_MIDIMapper as there is nothing in Win10 allowing you to manage MIDI. Thanks to this app I could see if the MIDIMate was recognised before launching the SysExDumper.

Then after in the SysExDumper there were two instances of ESI MIDIMate eX appearing (as far as i remember) as:
- MIDIMateOUT2 (MIDIMate eX)
This didn't work when I connected the Jomox module to the connector 2 of the midimate.
- MIDIMate ex . This one worked fine connecting the connector 1 of the midimate to the jomox module.

Hope this may help someone.
Cheers

Return to “Eurorack Modules”