Eurorack shops

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

AndyHornBlower
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Eurorack shops

Post by AndyHornBlower » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:17 pm

matttech wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:58 pm
...and every order is always very much appreciated :tu:
Since you're here, could you please get your site to remember my choice of sort order, from one page to the next?

I'm in the habit of using "sort by price", but your site is one of the many that don't remember my choice, so I have to do it to each page I visit - which means loading each page twice, more click fatigue and more rapid loss of interest, so less chance of me actually buying anything. It also means more load on your server, especially if a lot of people do it.

So far, I haven't bought anything from your shop, and that's partly because I'm extremely impatient, and just get tired of having to choose the sort order over and over again.

It doesn't have to be done by a cookie. You can just use a session variable, which persists long enough so that I wouldn't have to tell it twice in the same visit.

Transistor
Common Wiggler

Re:

Post by Transistor » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:05 am

IR wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:49 am
I've had good luck with synthesizer.gr in Greece.

https://www.synthesizer.gr/

Very fast, the only downside is that I couldn't pay by PayPal without a PayPal account, although that's probably because of my location, in other countries you might be able to.
Recommending this place too, found looking for SY0.5 stock and impressed with pleasant communications and speed to ship. No PayPal for me but did a bank transfer yesterday and it shipped (24 hr .gr to .nl at no extra cost) this morning! Noice

Reter187
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Reter187 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:00 am

Has anyone been to Patchwerks in Seattle? I recently moved to WA, and would like to visit.

kpreid
Common Wiggler

Post by kpreid » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:26 am

I visited Patchwerks while I was on a trip in 2019. They were very friendly, and had about (guess from my current memory) 1200 HP of modules out for demo, including a Make Noise Shared System, a smaller Doepfer system, and a row-ful of Recovery Effects modules.

Popemello
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Popemello » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:05 am

Is there an updated list of gear shops that take cryptocurrency? I know only of CTRL-MOD & Synthcube...

Cheers!

mixxalot
Common Wiggler

Post by mixxalot » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:08 am

I've bought my gear from a few shops thus far: Noisebug, Perfect Circuit and Detroit Modular. Thus far, DM is my favorite and the friendliest most helpful willing to assist a total n00b like myself. Noisebug was good but they don't have deals or specials. Perfect Circuit was so-so. If I need something fast being on the west coast, I will get it fast from Noisebug or Perfect circuit but pay more. Have not bought or dealt much with Analogue Haven but they have the worst layout for a shopping online website. I've heard they do get a lot of cool stuff before other shops or at least they used to.

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:13 pm

AndyHornBlower wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:17 pm
matttech wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:58 pm
...and every order is always very much appreciated :tu:
Since you're here, could you please get your site to remember my choice of sort order, from one page to the next?

I'm in the habit of using "sort by price", but your site is one of the many that don't remember my choice, so I have to do it to each page I visit - which means loading each page twice, more click fatigue and more rapid loss of interest, so less chance of me actually buying anything. It also means more load on your server, especially if a lot of people do it.

So far, I haven't bought anything from your shop, and that's partly because I'm extremely impatient, and just get tired of having to choose the sort order over and over again.

It doesn't have to be done by a cookie. You can just use a session variable, which persists long enough so that I wouldn't have to tell it twice in the same visit.
hmmm. nobody has ever mentioned this before, so I wasn't actually aware of it. I merely use a very standard e-commerce platform, with their default in-house theme (to cut down on potential for issues with their shop back-end). Unfortunately, none of these themes/ platforms are ever perfect.

Anyway - I just checked it, and selected sort: "Price - low to high" and it works fine for me in Chrome (I can go to the next page, and the next, without having to change it again). Might be related to your browser/Os?

yup - just double-checked it in Safari and it's fine on there too. :despair:

Anton
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Anton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 pm

Has anyone here ordered anything from pyramidsounds.com in Norway lately?

Their website seems to be active (products are added and taken off) but they seem to not send stuff after it's ordered and paid for several months on and no reply to tons of emails. No phone number listed on their site.

I've shopped from them for years and always had excellent service, so this sudden turn of events is unsettling, not to mention I might not get my money back.

These are difficult times for most of us, but surely some kind of email response is possible if you're able to update your website (and by the looks of it, inventory, although now I can't say for sure if that's real or not).

Anyone know anything or have had similar experiences?

mixxalot
Common Wiggler

Post by mixxalot » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:02 pm

I like Detroit Modular but they never have the hot modules like Piston Honda or Hertz Donut in stock. They have nice points system and friendly service.
Seems like Analogue Haven and Control have the hard to find modules.

pmboos
Veteran Wiggler

Post by pmboos » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:32 am

Just because we seem to be talking experiences.... I'll throw in that besides Detroit Modular and Perfect Circuit being good experiences; I've also had great experiences from Patchwerks and Ctrl-Mod.
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

Return to “Eurorack Modules”