Eurorack shops

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
ipnoteca
cane morto
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 am
Location: tokyo

Post by ipnoteca » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 pm

found a new one for the asia area located in hong kong:

ANIMATO AUDIO

https://www.animatoaudio.com/

:guinness:
i've blown a fuse...

previously robocoder

YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/ipnoteca
INSTAGRAM http://www.instagram.com/ipnoteca/

TAKNU
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:46 am
Location: Netherlands, Breda

Post by TAKNU » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:24 am

One new one

In Breda in The Netherlands (Europe):
Eurorackworld - https://eurorackworld.com/

.

User avatar
BLX
Common Wiggler
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: LONDON

Signal Sounds

Post by BLX » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:41 am

Just found and bought some stuff from these guys in Glasgow.

http://www.signalsounds.com/


Not sure if they're listed elsewhere on the site but I managed to get the JOVE 80 and Pam's new workout when many of the other vendors were waiting for stock ( Pam's) for months...really helpful, knowledable guys who also make music

Ordered on 31st and was playing with it by the 3rd....pretty impressive and good prices :hihi:
https://soundcloud.com/blxmgc

Albums : The Crash Sessions (2018), Forres ( 2019)

User avatar
AndyHornBlower
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:48 am
Location: UK

Post by AndyHornBlower » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Maybe not my first choice normally, but they seem to be one of the few shops selling Doepfer, in the UK:

https://www.gear4music.com/synthesizer/ ... ck-Modules

or just

https://www.gear4music.com/synthesizer/Modular

I assume there's some reason why most of the UK shops listed here don't carry any Doepfer?

I never give credit card details over the phone, so I'm not sure I'd count Emis Music, unless they decide to get an online shop installed.

philipdeman
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:01 am

Post by philipdeman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:44 am

Two European stores that I don't see in this list are:

Martin Pas, in Turin, Italy (http://www.martinpas.com)
Hot Cable, in Madrid, Spain (http://www.hotcable.es)

User avatar
DanJGW
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:39 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by DanJGW » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am

AndyHornBlower wrote: I assume there's some reason why most of the UK shops listed here don't carry any Doepfer?
I never give credit card details over the phone, so I'm not sure I'd count Emis Music, unless they decide to get an online shop installed.
Yes, EMIS act as an agent for the UK and then distribute to other shops in the UK after taking a cut. The 'dealer' price touted to shops is unworkable due to the almost non existent margin. Andy is a lovely guy and Dieter as we all know is a lovely guy but sadly in my opinion the long standing loyalty between both parties has undoubtedly affected Doepfers sales in the UK as no-one can afford to stock it.

User avatar
AndyHornBlower
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:48 am
Location: UK

Post by AndyHornBlower » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 pm

I see. Thanks, DanJGW.

That definitely doesn't seem like a good situation, for Doepfer. The EMIS website gives the impression of a cottage industry, and that you can buy from there if you ask nicely and negotiate how you're going to pay... That doesn't work, for me.

Once the UK leaves the EU, things will get a lot more complicated too, so it would probably be a good idea for Doepfer to sort out distribution here before that happens.

FWIW, I did order a couple of Doepfer modules from Gear4music, and collected them from a local chemists, a couple of days later, so I nominate them for the list, for the UK.

I could also have got them from dv247 (which is really a German shop, with a UK branch), but I would have had to spend a day waiting in for UPS.

Nocturnal Knob Turner
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:56 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Nice!

Post by Nocturnal Knob Turner » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am

Wish there was more walk-in stores in Sydney Australia! I buy most of my stuff from overseas which is sad, especially in July this year our wonderful government starts to tax us on overseas purchases by 10% (GST) on ANY purchase price & not just anything over $1000 like it is right now.

User avatar
worra
Common Wiggler
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:35 am
Location: ATX

Post by worra » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Just wanted to add my 2¢ for Switched On in Austin - fantastic people and I've always had a nice time heading in there. Real glad to live close by.

User avatar
ethnotronics
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:11 am
Location: Belgium

Post by ethnotronics » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:52 am

...added several shops to the list in the first post.
Enjoy! :75: :75:

StutzJr
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:33 am
Location: Australia

Post by StutzJr » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:11 am

Speaking of walk-in stores in Australia, "Found Sound" in Melbourne has good stock instore, helpful staff and demonstration (euro)racks on display. I was able to pick up a tiptop Happy Ending Kit and a few modules without even calling ahead first.
https://foundsound.com.au/

"Audio Chocolate" (also in Melbourne) has some impressive synths available for demo, but I believe the shop is by appointment only. I was lucky to walk in when the shop was already opened up for other customers. https://www.audiochocolate.com.au/produ ... nthesizer/

I picked up a Dreadbox Hades and a TC Electronic Flashback delay pedal instore from "Deluxe Guitars" in Melbourne http://deluxeguitars.com.au/effects/synthesizer.html

Sorry to the Sydney folks, seems we get the better gigs and stores down here.. Maybe try Turramurra Music or Guitar Factory Parramatta?

Some of the more generic franchise stores that have more of the non-modular synths include
"DJ City" https://djcity.com.au/category/studio-g ... log-synth/ (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane)
"Store DJ" https://www.storedj.com.au/studio-gear/synthesizers (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth)

User avatar
jayndoodle
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:59 am
Contact:

Post by jayndoodle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 am

There's https://www.prymaxe.com/
Located in USA.

johny_gtr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 8:49 am
Contact:

Post by johny_gtr » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:43 pm

synthesizer.gr is a very good e-store with cheap shipping and rapid customer support 8-)
modular percussion and scapes - http://ovod.bandcamp.com
mu modular space electronica https://7k-ok.bandcamp.com

ThirdPoliceman
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 pm
Location: Bristol

Post by ThirdPoliceman » Wed May 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Not read the thread but these guys are great in Bristol UK

https://elevatorsound.com/

User avatar
cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3809
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 am
Location: People's Republic of Scotland

Post by cptnal » Thu May 03, 2018 7:30 am

ThirdPoliceman wrote:Not read the thread but these guys are great in Bristol UK

https://elevatorsound.com/
Was not aware of these guys. Good range too. :tu:

User avatar
bchampion96
Common Wiggler
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:24 pm
Location: Guildford UK

Post by bchampion96 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Friends!

I've recently started work at Andertons in Guildford (UK), and my main mission at the moment is to get the shop up to speed on the Eurorack world. We've got Studio Electronics' Tonestars on display and ready to have a jam with, and soon we'll have the full Roland system 500 range (not the Aira system). Andy from Roland, Jack Duxbury and I made a video for you featuring the new Roland modules that should be up on the Andertons tech channel soon! More 'proper' manufacturers to come as well! :)

Ben

User avatar
cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 3809
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 am
Location: People's Republic of Scotland

Post by cptnal » Tue May 15, 2018 3:14 pm

All good. Best of luck! :tu:

User avatar
emmaker
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:07 pm
Location: PDX

Post by emmaker » Thu May 31, 2018 3:48 pm

Was looking online and found some good deals at Prymaxe. Found a few Muff treads that mention them and one plus comment on them. Looking at getting a couple of modules that are out of stock.

Would anyone else have anything to say or comments about Prymaxe?

Thanks in advance.
Jay S.

User avatar
AndyHornBlower
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Eurorack shops

Post by AndyHornBlower » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:23 am

ethnotronics wrote: United Kingdom

...

Signal Sounds (Glasgow)
http://www.signalsounds.com/category-s/106.htm
That link needs updating (and gives a 404 error). It should now say:

https://www.signalsounds.com/modular

User avatar
bchampion96
Common Wiggler
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:24 pm
Location: Guildford UK

Post by bchampion96 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:26 pm

A quick peek! :3

Image

User avatar
mirth23
Common Wiggler
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:15 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Post by mirth23 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:01 am

emmaker wrote:Was looking online and found some good deals at Prymaxe. Found a few Muff treads that mention them and one plus comment on them. Looking at getting a couple of modules that are out of stock.

Would anyone else have anything to say or comments about Prymaxe?

Thanks in advance.
Jay S.
I've ordered from Prymaxe a couple times and had a great experience. Each time a customer support person proactively reached out to make sure I didn't need anything else.

One time I did need to nudge them a few weeks after I'd ordered a module that was out of stock to see what was up. They got it sorted and out the door quickly after I emailed.

I generally don't make a habit of ordering out of stock Eurorack modules from anyone anymore. Most shops need to wait to order a few items at once from a vendor, so it seems like sometimes I'll end up in limbo for a while. I've never lost money but I've had multi-month waits sometimes.

clark.gable
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:09 pm
Location: CA

Post by clark.gable » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:01 am

mirth23 wrote:
emmaker wrote:Was looking online and found some good deals at Prymaxe. Found a few Muff treads that mention them and one plus comment on them. Looking at getting a couple of modules that are out of stock.

Would anyone else have anything to say or comments about Prymaxe?

Thanks in advance.
Jay S.
I've ordered from Prymaxe a couple times and had a great experience. Each time a customer support person proactively reached out to make sure I didn't need anything else.

One time I did need to nudge them a few weeks after I'd ordered a module that was out of stock to see what was up. They got it sorted and out the door quickly after I emailed.

I generally don't make a habit of ordering out of stock Eurorack modules from anyone anymore. Most shops need to wait to order a few items at once from a vendor, so it seems like sometimes I'll end up in limbo for a while. I've never lost money but I've had multi-month waits sometimes.
To echo this -- Prymaxe is legit and I've order a bunch of stuff from them -- guitar gear and eurorack -- and I've had a great experience with customer service. Biggest plus -- they regularly have 20+% off sales (although they seem to be limiting the discounts on some of the eurorack stuff the last couple sales -- still well over 10% off though). Biggest minus -- they put stuff up on their website for preorder that is literally 3-6 months out. I ordered a Plaits at 25% off that won't end up arriving until (fingers crossed) 4 months after I paid for it. Worth it? Depends. For me it was.

User avatar
jayndoodle
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:59 am
Contact:

Post by jayndoodle » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:11 am

clark.gable wrote:
mirth23 wrote:
emmaker wrote:Was looking online and found some good deals at Prymaxe. Found a few Muff treads that mention them and one plus comment on them. Looking at getting a couple of modules that are out of stock.

Would anyone else have anything to say or comments about Prymaxe?

Thanks in advance.
Jay S.
I've ordered from Prymaxe a couple times and had a great experience. Each time a customer support person proactively reached out to make sure I didn't need anything else.

One time I did need to nudge them a few weeks after I'd ordered a module that was out of stock to see what was up. They got it sorted and out the door quickly after I emailed.

I generally don't make a habit of ordering out of stock Eurorack modules from anyone anymore. Most shops need to wait to order a few items at once from a vendor, so it seems like sometimes I'll end up in limbo for a while. I've never lost money but I've had multi-month waits sometimes.
To echo this -- Prymaxe is legit and I've order a bunch of stuff from them -- guitar gear and eurorack -- and I've had a great experience with customer service. Biggest plus -- they regularly have 20+% off sales (although they seem to be limiting the discounts on some of the eurorack stuff the last couple sales -- still well over 10% off though). Biggest minus -- they put stuff up on their website for preorder that is literally 3-6 months out. I ordered a Plaits at 25% off that won't end up arriving until (fingers crossed) 4 months after I paid for it. Worth it? Depends. For me it was.
Seeing as all other stores are waiting months on end for Plaits, I'd say you got a great deal! I got a voltage block during the xmas sales for 20%.
Modular Synth Catalog - Modular Haven

Find new, used, demo'd, b-stock & on-sale modules easily

User avatar
WholeLifeCrisis
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:15 pm
Location: Snow & Taxes

Re: Eurorack shops

Post by WholeLifeCrisis » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:59 am

Saved by Technology has been acquired (as I understand it) by Long & McQuade. The link to savedbytechnology is no longer active, and should be replaced by:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/department ... odular.htm

derjip
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:52 am
Location: Germany

Post by derjip » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:08 am

Hi, thanks for this list. I found one that's not in there. "Just Music" in Munich / Germany has a small modular area, there's always quite some stuff for testing, and they're always helpful and friendly:

https://www.justmusic.de/de-de/keys/syn ... index.html

Hope this helps.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”