Eurorack shops

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

pzoot
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pzoot » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:16 pm

I was in Portland for a couple of days and got to spend some time in Control Voltage. Wow. Beautiful store in a great neighborhood (Gravy!!). I have never been to a store with such a complete selection of the latest gear. Besides all of the Eurorack stuff, they had the full DSI line, the full Elektron line, the Polyend SEQ, etc etc all on display and ready to mess around with. Great great store

gian77
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gian77 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:51 am

France

Modular Square (Ivry-sur-Seine)
http://www.modularsquare.com/
Modular Square is in Paris now !
Very nice people by the way, you can patch and test every modules in the show-room :cloud:
Every next day is modernity ! >d[+_+]b<

Jaynet-Zhang
Common Wiggler

Post by Jaynet-Zhang » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Squarewave Sound in Salt Lake City, UT

http://www.squarewavesound.com/

sonicmayhem
Common Wiggler

Post by sonicmayhem » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:27 pm

Why is the accessibility of Euro modules so difficult in Europe, in Berlin to be more specific? Schneidersladen isn't really that well stocked. Thorman has a very selected amount. I guess its best if I buy them in the states and just travel with em overseas.....

Iridite
Common Wiggler

Post by Iridite » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:50 pm

I can confirm what Dan says however, we've now got a growing selection of Doepfer at Signal Sounds and I'm adding more every month

If there's a particular model you want to see in the store, just let me know

cheers

Jason
AndyHornBlower wrote:I see. Thanks, DanJGW.

That definitely doesn't seem like a good situation, for Doepfer. The EMIS website gives the impression of a cottage industry, and that you can buy from there if you ask nicely and negotiate how you're going to pay... That doesn't work, for me.

Once the UK leaves the EU, things will get a lot more complicated too, so it would probably be a good idea for Doepfer to sort out distribution here before that happens.

FWIW, I did order a couple of Doepfer modules from Gear4music, and collected them from a local chemists, a couple of days later, so I nominate them for the list, for the UK.

I could also have got them from dv247 (which is really a German shop, with a UK branch), but I would have had to spend a day waiting in for UPS.

f4c3v4lu3
Learning to Wiggle

Post by f4c3v4lu3 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Just want to check in to heap some praise on Nerd Audio in Chicago. Great folks running that place. Worth the stop if you're traveling through (not far out of the way if you're coming in from O'Hare on public trans!)

Agawell
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Agawell » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:12 am

+1 for modular square ...

Also there’s another shop in the netherlands

Utrecht: music house

Nb they also do repairs

artilect99
Common Wiggler

Post by artilect99 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:51 am

Is the Missoula Modular website down for good?

I had literally just emailed Jim there about something being in stock and was just about to order and now the site goes down, and my emails get kicked back to me as undelivered.

:hmm:

AMJ
Learning to Wiggle

anyone have an update one for 5U?

Post by AMJ » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:51 pm

anyone have an update one for 5U?

Spackfiller
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Eurorack shops

Post by Spackfiller » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:34 am

ethnotronics wrote:

OCEANIA

Australia

Equinox OZ
http://www.equinoxoz.com

Found Sound (Carlton)
https://foundsound.com.au/collections/k ... s/eurorack

Patchcable (Hobart)
https://www.patchcable.com.au/

Tin Shed Modular
https://www.tinshedmodular.com/
StoreDJ - Richmond
www.storedj.com.au

Awave - Hawthorn
www.awave.com.au

I have ordered from Found Sound, Lewis is good for getting modules in, especially Doepfer

I have also ordered from Tin Shed Modular, Chris is also very friendly and keeps the Erica Synths modules

Awave, Kieron and Louis are both easy to deal with, they keep a lot of the high end audio gear

AvonSynth
1-Post Wiggler

AvonSynth

Post by AvonSynth » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:59 am

Hi all,

AvonSynth, a new Eurorack manufacturer based in Christchurch, New Zealand have just released our starting line-up of modules on Black Friday.

It would be great if we could be added to the shops list sticky - our website is http://www.AvonSynth.com

Cheers!

paranormind
Common Wiggler

Post by paranormind » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:47 am

A few shops to recommend in Tokyo:

Echigoya
Ishibashi
Gizmo Music
Rock On, one of my favorite shop for professional studio equipment
Ikebe

c0ntr4d1ct10n
Common Wiggler

Re: Eurorack shops

Post by c0ntr4d1ct10n » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:26 pm

Spackfiller wrote:
ethnotronics wrote:

OCEANIA

Australia

Equinox OZ
http://www.equinoxoz.com

Found Sound (Carlton)
https://foundsound.com.au/collections/k ... s/eurorack

Patchcable (Hobart)
https://www.patchcable.com.au/

Tin Shed Modular
https://www.tinshedmodular.com/
StoreDJ - Richmond
www.storedj.com.au

Awave - Hawthorn
www.awave.com.au

I have ordered from Found Sound, Lewis is good for getting modules in, especially Doepfer

I have also ordered from Tin Shed Modular, Chris is also very friendly and keeps the Erica Synths modules

Awave, Kieron and Louis are both easy to deal with, they keep a lot of the high end audio gear
Storedj is the only music store in Perth I will buy from now. Although they don't really stock much modular gear (they are expanding), they're staff are always friendly and they always offer instore discounts for items not on sale. I got Magneto for 15% off on Black Friday even though it wasn't on sale.

c0ntr4d1ct10n
Common Wiggler

Post by c0ntr4d1ct10n » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:32 pm

paranormind wrote:A few shops to recommend in Tokyo:

Echigoya
Ishibashi
Gizmo Music
Rock On, one of my favorite shop for professional studio equipment
Ikebe
I had a play around at five g when I was there a few weeks ago. They pretty much have every module up on a few racks so that you can try them out.

paranormind
Common Wiggler

Post by paranormind » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:07 am

Yep that's a fantastic shop, my favorite, but it was already listed on the first page of this topic :)

Brennanib
Common Wiggler

Post by Brennanib » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:59 am

Anyone Familiar with The Synthesizer Network? They have a few modules I’m interested in but don’t know anything about the company.

The Synthesizer Network
@brennanfowlerib
@patchnbrew
@motsgso

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC177iw ... ZO6a8Yu6Sg
Dragonaut wrote:PMed for Cat...

c0ntr4d1ct10n
Common Wiggler

Re: Nice!

Post by c0ntr4d1ct10n » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Nocturnal Knob Turner wrote:Wish there was more walk-in stores in Sydney Australia! I buy most of my stuff from overseas which is sad, especially in July this year our wonderful government starts to tax us on overseas purchases by 10% (GST) on ANY purchase price & not just anything over $1000 like it is right now.
Has anyone living in Australia been charged gst by customs yet for overseas eurorack purchases?

I've been ordering stuff since July and have not had to pay gst so far. This includes my most recent purchase of just under $1000aud of modules, where Fedex even asked me to send them a copy of the invoice.

The law isn't too clear but it says companies that don't make above $75k aud of exports to australia don't have to register for gst. It's possible that you still won't get charged gst by customs for items purchased from small international merchants like eurorack stores.

siam-bob
Learning to Wiggle

Post by siam-bob » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 pm

Representing Thailand...

Sathorn Chainsaw in Bangkok: https://www.sathonchainsaw.net

Siam Modular in Chiang Mai: https://www.siammodular.com/

AndyHornBlower
Wiggling with Experience

Post by AndyHornBlower » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:34 am

Iridite wrote:I can confirm what Dan says however, we've now got a growing selection of Doepfer at Signal Sounds and I'm adding more every month

If there's a particular model you want to see in the store, just let me know

cheers

Jason
Do you do Click & Collect delivery, e.g. via your ebay listings? Ebay says you do, but that appears to mean absolutely nothing. When I check with private sellers, for example, they almost always say they don't, and they had no idea it said that.

If you do offer Click & Collect, I'd recommend saying so, specifically, in each of your ebay listings, for that reason. It is a selling point, but eBay makes so many false claims about it, it no longer really means anything to have it shown in the postage options.

hewed
Common Wiggler

Re: Nice!

Post by hewed » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:39 pm

c0ntr4d1ct10n wrote:Has anyone living in Australia been charged gst by customs yet for overseas eurorack purchases?
I got charged A$900 on a Eur5000 order from Schneidersladen in December. The value of the order may have attracted Customs' attention. I've made smaller orders from US and UK in the same period in the sub-A$1,000 range and have not (yet) been hit with Customs charges. Or it could have been the physical size that got their attention, as the order included a case.

EDIT: Fedex notified me of the charge and I paid the $900 to them rather than to Customs directly.

EDIT EDIT: +1 customer satisfaction vote for FoundSound and Tin Shed in Australia, Ctrl Mod in Brooklyn, Signal Sounds in UK and Animato in HK. All great to deal with by e-mail and, in the case of Ctrl Mod, FoundSound and Animato, also great, welcoming and generous people in person.

One of the gentlemen at Ctrl Mod in Brooklyn (whose name I've unfortunately forgotten) was incredibly generous with his time. I turned up at the store in early November with a scant amount of modular information gathered from youtube videos and he spent several hours with me guiding me through my first purchases. He was very much the complete opposite of the sort of snobbery I feared encountering in this relatively obscure area of music. Two thumbs up.

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:03 am

Just a rant but why aren’t more modules available on amazon?! I’m loaded up on all these damn gift cards and can’t find a single module I need on amazon. Seems like vintage king and perfect circuit list a few here and there but why not more of their stock?

veets
Wiggling with Experience

Post by veets » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:39 am

insoul8 wrote:Just a rant but why aren’t more modules available on amazon?! I’m loaded up on all these damn gift cards and can’t find a single module I need on amazon. Seems like vintage king and perfect circuit list a few here and there but why not more of their stock?
I hope it stays that way. The boutique retailers are what sustains this endeavor/hobby.

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:45 am

veets wrote:
insoul8 wrote:Just a rant but why aren’t more modules available on amazon?! I’m loaded up on all these damn gift cards and can’t find a single module I need on amazon. Seems like vintage king and perfect circuit list a few here and there but why not more of their stock?
I hope it stays that way. The boutique retailers are what sustains this endeavor/hobby.
Yea, I guess I can’t argue with that. It’s a real first world problem to not be able to find something to spend gift cards on. :hihi:

j_dowe
Wiggling with Experience

Post by j_dowe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:13 pm

i have a similar dilemma. our academic program often has extra $$$ at the end of the fiscal year (in june) that has to be spent in certain ways. amazon is oddly one of the choices, and if they had modular stuff...

veets
Wiggling with Experience

Post by veets » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:52 pm

There actually is a bit of eurorack on Amazon. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”