Bastl cv trinity - CV TRINITY hex modulation signal superhe

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

ehg
Common Wiggler

Post by ehg » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:35 am

In case anyone's interested, I emailed Bastl directly about the stair-stepping to see if there was any way to reduce it. They've said it's caused by the 8-bit resolution of the LFO, and can't be changed in firmware. Anyone wanting long, smooth LFOs will need to partner the Trinity with a slew limiter or two (or six).

As you say, the grungey waveforms are part of the module's charm, but I suspect this might lead me to swap mine out eventually for a Batumi or similar. Such a shame, it's *this* close to being the perfect module for me (though I'm sure it will continue to be perfect for other people's needs).

Duda
Learning to Wiggle

CV Trinity ADSR noisy Attac/Decay

Post by Duda » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm

Hello everybody !
i´m new to this forum, this is my first post, and would say : " Hello everybody " this way.
As you can see my english is a kind of englisch and i´m not a frequent computer user but when i felt into that modular thing i visited this site very often an it helped me to get an idea of that universe of modular synthesis.
I like building "full-kits" and enjoy soldering and the times after that searching for any troubles my bad soldering causes.

na gut

so far so good

as you can imagine I've a question:

The stepping of the tinitys slow LFO is OK, but the envelopes are nearly unusable for modulating audio signals. At short settings there is alway a very noticeable bitcrushing sound during the attack and release stages that always colours my sound in a noisy way.

is that normal for that module ? Have you similar issues ? Am i doing sth. wrong ?

Thanx for reply and greetings from Vienna.

kriskeyser
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kriskeyser » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:36 pm

I'm curious if anyone's been using the LFOs in audio range - is there a way to basically use these like VCOs by sending v/oct into the cv ins? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

aeiou
Learning to Wiggle

Re: CV Trinity ADSR noisy Attac/Decay

Post by aeiou » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:58 am

Duda wrote:Hello everybody !
i´m new to this forum, this is my first post, and would say : " Hello everybody " this way.
As you can see my english is a kind of englisch and i´m not a frequent computer user but when i felt into that modular thing i visited this site very often an it helped me to get an idea of that universe of modular synthesis.
I like building "full-kits" and enjoy soldering and the times after that searching for any troubles my bad soldering causes.

na gut

so far so good

The stepping of the tinitys slow LFO is OK, but the envelopes are nearly unusable for modulating audio signals. At short settings there is alway a very noticeable bitcrushing sound during the attack and release stages that always colours my sound in a noisy way.

is that normal for that module ? Have you similar issues ? Am i doing sth. wrong ?

guten tag!
try this mod to add anti aliasing to CV Trinitie's outs/select out
You can choose to only mod the first row to try it out
tschuss!

Ghost_the_garden
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ghost_the_garden » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:27 pm

kriskeyser wrote:I'm curious if anyone's been using the LFOs in audio range - is there a way to basically use these like VCOs by sending v/oct into the cv ins? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
I've tried it. The oscillators had a really harsh digital sound, I didn't find them very usable but I also have a small system and didn't spend much time with it, didn't seem worth it lol. Ill make a recording...

Ghost_the_garden
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ghost_the_garden » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:19 pm

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/328247638" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Got some notes in the sc comments. It does make noise haha. This is maybe after a two hour session? Might get better results if you really fudged with it. All sound is cv trinity, some spring verb.
Last edited by Ghost_the_garden on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost_the_garden
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ghost_the_garden » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Oops double post... (three post in a row sorry pals > . < )

zenflesh
Learning to Wiggle

Post by zenflesh » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Ghost_the_garden wrote:Got some notes in the sc comments. It does make noise haha. This is maybe after a two hour session? Might get better results if you really fudged with it. All sound is cv trinity, some spring verb.
Ghost, just wanted to say thanks for that audio, was on the fence about CVT until hearing that.
(also, just getting my first post out of the way)

cocco88
Common Wiggler

Post by cocco88 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:12 am

i have to questions/problems in ADR mode:

- why if i plug the clock out to a gate in it doesn't trigger?

- is there a way to get a full attack ramp with a short gate/trigger in? or the ramp is only relative to the gate length?
UI/UX/Sound designer

eurorack + TenoriOn + Omnichord + giant church organ + old rusty piano

current
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/361810

selling / trading
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/389166

kriskeyser
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kriskeyser » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:58 pm

Has anyone been able to find this with the aluminum faceplate? Been interested in one for months but it's been nearly impossible to find that specific version.

accountboy
Common Wiggler

Post by accountboy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:40 am

aeiou wrote: guten tag!
tschuss!

is anti aliasing = the stepping fix that people are bugging about?

Duda
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Duda » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:30 am

@ Aeiou

sorry for my late reply and Thank you for that detailed mod instructions ! I will give it a try when the first snow is falling and I need the warmth of my soldering iron again...

rembrandtvanrijn
Common Wiggler

Post by rembrandtvanrijn » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Anyone had issues with theirs? Mines has just frozen with only just clock LED and LED above clock rate knob lit and no CV out...has anyone unfrozen theirs before? Have I ended up on some kind of calibration menu or is it goosed?

The select out stopped working after a few weeks too but everything else has worked for the last 6 or so months.

Godphaser
Common Wiggler

Post by Godphaser » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:11 pm

I'm very interested in the CV trinity but I have few questions:

Are all 6 channels 100% independent?
Meaning can I trig all of them separately with different clocks, rates and shapes?

Can you have more than one knob movement recorded?

Does that function work really well?

Overall, is it a buggy/laggy/grungy module or does it deliver on all its promises?

Thanks!

Godphaser
Common Wiggler

Post by Godphaser » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Let me answer my own questions based on all the comments and demos:

Yes 100% independent and yes sir.

Only one knob movement.

LFO shapes sound "not really good" at low freq.

Super grungy LFO in a digital way, I don't feel like it's gonna work for my trippy smooth music.

Giga bummer as I thought it would be THE ONE. :confused:

Duda
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Duda » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:06 am

aeiou wrote:

na gut

so far so good

guten tag!
tschuss!

@ aeiou
So i did the Mod and iam very pleased now, the noisy short envelopes are now less noisy! Thank you for this aeiou ! Trinity i now allowed to stay in the rack. :tu:
The Clock and the select OUT LEDs are now very weak, is this normal because of the mod ? Do i need LEDs with lower current ?

thank you!

SB-SIX
Ultra Wiggler

Post by SB-SIX » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Scored an aluminum version on modulargrid in perfect condition. I replaced my ade32 octocontroller with this. I like it much better than the octo. Once i got used to the features, i can navigate it almost blindly. The octo forced me to turn up the lights, get a magnifier and fiddle with the knobs only to find I fucked up the wrong channel.
Love the automation and save feature, but has anyone found out how to load a preset? It seems to boot with the last saved preset which is fine but was wondering how the load of a different preset works?
There is a chance you might like this: https://soundcloud.com/steeboo

eircom
Common Wiggler

Post by eircom » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:30 pm

SB-SIX wrote:Love the automation and save feature, but has anyone found out how to load a preset? It seems to boot with the last saved preset which is fine but was wondering how the load of a different preset works?
There are no presets, or rather just one — your current settings. you save them and it boots into the condition you saved.

SB-SIX
Ultra Wiggler

Post by SB-SIX » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Ah ok, makes sense :) Thanks!

ffernandez
Learning to Wiggle

Clock divider and multipliers

Post by ffernandez » Wed May 16, 2018 11:07 pm

Does anyone know all the divider and multiplier available for the lfo? I have a 24 ppqn clock and i was wondering if I could convert that to a standard clock for the lfos. I also thought of using a reset output from grids, send that to a lfo and make it pingable and then use the multipliers to try to make a standard clock that I could feed into the main clock input. I still don’t have it sonI cannot try it! I don’t have more rack space for a converter :(

sushiluv
Wiggling with Experience

Post by sushiluv » Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 am

eircom wrote:
SB-SIX wrote:Love the automation and save feature, but has anyone found out how to load a preset? It seems to boot with the last saved preset which is fine but was wondering how the load of a different preset works?
There are no presets, or rather just one — your current settings. you save them and it boots into the condition you saved.
There are three presets, check out the video:

SB-SIX
Ultra Wiggler

Post by SB-SIX » Thu May 17, 2018 9:09 am

Ah there we go, thanks!

kanstraktar
Common Wiggler

Post by kanstraktar » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:13 am

aeiou wrote:

na gut

so far so good

guten tag!
tschuss!

Could someone give more details about what this mod actually does and how it affects the other functionalities likes the stepped voltage sequencer?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”