MX61 6 Input Audio / CV / Gate Mixer with Inverter

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

22tape
Super Deluxe Wiggler

MX61 6 Input Audio / CV / Gate Mixer with Inverter

Post by 22tape » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:37 am

hey guys. will i need to buy one of those doepfer adapters to get the above mentioned mixer to run with my doepfer powered system (diy kit#1)?

thanks!

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:12 am

Either that or solder one yourself. Shouldn't take a lot of futzing around, really. Take a regular Doepfer-style ribbon cable, cut the connector off at the end, rearrange the individual leads, then put a new connector on.

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:37 am

I don't think you'll need an adapter. MX61 is Analogue Solutions, right? They should use the exact same power connectors as Doepfer. Analogue Systems modules are the ones that need adapters. That causes a lot of confusion since the names are quite a like (ASol and ASys) and on top of that both guys / companies are from UK.

I've been thinking of getting one of those myself btw., seems like a convenient module for small setups.

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:47 am

you know, I think you're absolutely right, flts!

For something written by a native English speaker this sentence is so fucking horribly ambiguous:

Compatible with many other systems, like Doepfer, & others with power cable adaptation, like Analogue Systems Integrator
The only hint that it'll work properly is the comma separating the two parts:
Compatible with many other systems, like Doepfer, & others with power cable adaptation, like Analogue Systems Integrator
:hihi: :hihi:

flts
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by flts » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:16 am

wetterberg,

Yeah, it's funny - I remember eyeing that sentence several times too while checking out their modules... And thinking something along the lines of "what the hell, I thought they should work in Doepfer systems without an adapter", only to realize a minute later that that's what it says :lol:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”