Shuttle Control by Endorphines

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

red
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Shuttle Control by Endorphines

Post by red » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:25 am

no respond from endorphin.es...

So, why not post the relevant resources and instructions here - I'm sure I'm not the only MAC OS Catalina user...

Thanks
red

red
Wiggling with Experience

Post by red » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:11 am

back from holidays?

...thanks!
red

dhoinjo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dhoinjo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if the following is a good idea: I have a small 6u case which I use for gigs together with my OT. It has a Doepfer PSU2 in it. I want to put the shuttle control in that case. Is it a good idea to not connect it to the bus board of the case and instead use an individual PSU for the shuttle control? The configuration I want draws 990mA, which is pretty much the max of the Doepfer PSU2. If I would connect the Shuttle control with an independent PSU, I have a lot more reserve. Or would that create ground or other issues?

klick
Common Wiggler

Post by klick » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:04 pm

you can absolutely use it to power up a row of modules, having other PSU for other rows, just be sure that you don't connect the flybus of the shuttle control to the one of the doepfer psu. You won't get any grounding issue, it's the configuration I'm using (several shuttle control, several other psu).

dhoinjo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dhoinjo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:13 pm

klick wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:04 pm
you can absolutely use it to power up a row of modules, having other PSU for other rows, just be sure that you don't connect the flybus of the shuttle control to the one of the doepfer psu. You won't get any grounding issue, it's the configuration I'm using (several shuttle control, several other psu).
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm just going to power the SC via an independent psu. Maybe a bit overkill but I don't like the idea of a flying busboard hanging over a doepfer busboard. Thanks!

realitycontrol
Common Wiggler

Post by realitycontrol » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am

Is anyone else having difficulty with Octatrack synchronisation and the shuttle control?
I'm wanting to send clock sync and note data (multiple midi channels) through to the shuttle control using the Shuttle mate as the converter from MIDI DIN to USB host, my octatrack is setup as per the connection notes found in the shuttle mate manual.

I get stuck gates when sending both midi note data along with the clock. If I neglect to send clock information then the gates work as expected.

If I connect the midi din output from the shuttle mate to MI Yarns then both clock sync and note data works just fine on Yarns so I don't think it's the octatrack setup, seems more likely to be an issue on the usb portion of shuttle mate or the shuttle control.

All units on latest version of firmware.
Octa: 1.31
SC: v4
SM: v1.5

Had this issue since I purchased the shuttle control/shuttle mate combo (Dec 2019) across multiple versions of firmware.

Wubz
Common Wiggler

Post by Wubz » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:11 pm

realitycontrol wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am
Is anyone else having difficulty with Octatrack synchronisation and the shuttle control?
I'm wanting to send clock sync and note data (multiple midi channels) through to the shuttle control using the Shuttle mate as the converter from MIDI DIN to USB host, my octatrack is setup as per the connection notes found in the shuttle mate manual.

I get stuck gates when sending both midi note data along with the clock. If I neglect to send clock information then the gates work as expected.

If I connect the midi din output from the shuttle mate to MI Yarns then both clock sync and note data works just fine on Yarns so I don't think it's the octatrack setup, seems more likely to be an issue on the usb portion of shuttle mate or the shuttle control.

Had this issue since I purchased the shuttle control/shuttle mate combo (Dec 2019) across multiple versions of firmware.
I had major issues and eventually found out it was a grounding issue with the SC and the trogotronic power supply i had. So maybe try diff power supply.

realitycontrol
Common Wiggler

Post by realitycontrol » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:37 am

Wubz wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:11 pm
I had major issues and eventually found out it was a grounding issue with the SC and the trogotronic power supply i had. So maybe try diff power supply.
Thanks for the suggestion, doesn't seem to be the problem though.
Tried using a tiptop zeus studio bus and intellijel tps80 along with powering the shuttle control directly with a meanwell and a cincon power supply.
Same issue across all power supplies.

So can I take it that you're using Shuttle Control, Shuttle mate along with an Octatrack and you aren't experiencing the same issue when mixing note information with clocks from the octatrack?
Last edited by realitycontrol on Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wubz
Common Wiggler

Post by Wubz » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:42 am

No, I send midi over usb from digitakt and digitone. I have zeus studio bus power too. There are little switches on the side of the module that change the ground on the unit. maybe they'll work (grasping at straws).
realitycontrol wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:37 am
Wubz wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:11 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, doesn't seem to be the problem though.
Tried using a tiptop zeus studio bus and intellijel tps80 along with powering the shuttle control directly with a meanwell and a cincon power supply.
Same issue across all power supplies.

So can I take it that you're using Shuttle Control, Shuttle mate and and Octatrack and you aren't experiencing the same issue when mixing note information with clocks from the octatrack?

dbeats
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dbeats » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 pm

I have one question regarding the standalone tap/clock in the current Cargo 4.01: When I long press the upper button and then hit 3 times, SC seems to start an internal clock, you can see the red dot at the bottom right corner blinking according to my tap tempo. But none of the tap related cv outs creates any output. My preset configuration for testing purpose contains all the tap LFOs and tap clock multipliers. The cv outs work as expected when tapping in a tempo from a USB device (keystep in my case), also after disconnecting the USB device, as explained in the manual. But they don't react at all to the internal tapping, all remain at 0 volt.

Is this a bug or a feature, or am I missing something?

realitycontrol
Common Wiggler

Post by realitycontrol » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:49 am

realitycontrol wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am

Bought an ESI "MIDIMATE ex" for the interface between the Octatrack and the Shuttle Control and all features work as I'd expect them to.
Wish I did this earlier. The merging features in the Shuttle Mate are still desirable to me but this will serve as a stop gap whilst I wait for a fix ;)

realitycontrol
Common Wiggler

Post by realitycontrol » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:12 pm

dbeats wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 pm
I have one question regarding the standalone tap/clock in the current Cargo 4.01: When I long press the upper button and then hit 3 times, SC seems to start an internal clock, you can see the red dot at the bottom right corner blinking according to my tap tempo. But none of the tap related cv outs creates any output. My preset configuration for testing purpose contains all the tap LFOs and tap clock multipliers. The cv outs work as expected when tapping in a tempo from a USB device (keystep in my case), also after disconnecting the USB device, as explained in the manual. But they don't react at all to the internal tapping, all remain at 0 volt.

Try using the "Synchronization" option for configuration rather than the "Tap" options, think that should work for you if I understand your requirements correctly!

dbeats
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dbeats » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:11 am

realitycontrol wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:12 pm
dbeats wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:48 pm

Try using the "Synchronization" option for configuration rather than the "Tap" options, think that should work for you if I understand your requirements correctly!
Thanks for the suggestion, but maybe I need to better describe what I want to achieve. I'd like to run the shuttle control as a standalone utility module without any MIDI or USB devices connected, in certain situations. I would like to use SC as a tap tempo LFO then, for example, with different waveforms. So the cv outs are configured as Tap LFO Square, Triangle, Sine etc.. But it seems that I need to connect a usb midi device at least once to "activate" the LFOs, even though the internal clock is already running, as tapped in manually.

dare
Common Wiggler

Post by dare » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:00 pm

My Shuttle Control seems to be making a high pitched noise from some of its jacks, anyone experienced this?

I've attached a recording (I recorded it with the expert sleepers ES6 omitting the dc signal).

The sound comes from the top 8 jacks, so 1-4 and 9-12.

There's nothing patched and no USB connected, doesn't matter which program is selected or if any function is assigned to the output.

I've tried disconnecting from bus power and using the external supply and the same thing happens.

I only noticed it when patching into my ER301 where I could see it on the scope and it was making the control assigned erratic. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7tzx6ruax68c ... e.wav?dl=0

minipusice
Common Wiggler

Post by minipusice » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 am

dare wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:00 pm
My Shuttle Control seems to be making a high pitched noise from some of its jacks, anyone experienced this?

I've attached a recording (I recorded it with the expert sleepers ES6 omitting the dc signal).

The sound comes from the top 8 jacks, so 1-4 and 9-12.

There's nothing patched and no USB connected, doesn't matter which program is selected or if any function is assigned to the output.

I've tried disconnecting from bus power and using the external supply and the same thing happens.

I only noticed it when patching into my ER301 where I could see it on the scope and it was making the control assigned erratic. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7tzx6ruax68c ... e.wav?dl=0
The best thing to do is to contact Endorphin.es via Facebook. They were really fast to respond when I had issues with my Shuttle Control. After I sent them a video and audio of the module, they sent me a new daughterboard and I replaced it in 5 minutes.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”