Shuttle Control by Endorphines

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Up button not working on my Shuttle Control

Post by Sinamsis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:10 pm

jk-dk wrote:Hi,

I have an issue with the Up button on my SC Module. It doesn't respond to any presses, which means I can't use it to change presets or load the SC in DFU mode to update the firmware. The button also seems to get stuck if pressed longer, and I then have to wiggle it for a little while to get it unstuck.

The module seems to be working fine otherwise, I'm currently using it with the Blck Noir Drum module, also from Endorphines, and a Linnstrument.

I've emailed Endorphines and the store where I bought the SC, but wanted to hear if anyone here has experienced this issue? Is this something that can be fixed?
Did you change your faceplate? I experienced this with one of my SC's when changing the faceplate.

jk-dk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jk-dk » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:13 am

Sinamsis wrote:

I have an issue with the Up button on my SC Module. It doesn't respond to any presses, which means I can't use it to change presets or load the SC in DFU mode to update the firmware. The button also seems to get stuck if pressed longer, and I then have to wiggle it for a little while to get it unstuck.

The module seems to be working fine otherwise, I'm currently using it with the Blck Noir Drum module, also from Endorphines, and a Linnstrument.

I've emailed Endorphines and the store where I bought the SC, but wanted to hear if anyone here has experienced this issue? Is this something that can be fixed?
Did you change your faceplate? I experienced this with one of my SC's when changing the faceplate.
I didn't, but it is the black version of the module. Maybe they've changed it from a yellow faceplate at the factory, and the same thing happened? Anyway, did you manage to get it sorted out?

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:29 am

jk-dk wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:

I didn't, but it is the black version of the module. Maybe they've changed it from a yellow faceplate at the factory, and the same thing happened? Anyway, did you manage to get it sorted out?
Mine works when you jiggle it a little, I haven't pursued it yet.

jk-dk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jk-dk » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Sinamsis wrote:
jk-dk wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:

Mine works when you jiggle it a little, I haven't pursued it yet.
Ok, sure. I'll try that. Thanks!

ishi
Common Wiggler

Post by ishi » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:19 pm

Yeah, same here. Left button on Grand Terminal (Shuttle). Still have to pursue it too, thanks for the reminder ;) Did you hear back from them?

jk-dk
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jk-dk » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:35 pm

ishi wrote:Yeah, same here. Left button on Grand Terminal (Shuttle). Still have to pursue it too, thanks for the reminder ;) Did you hear back from them?
Yes, they were to quick to respond, heard from them on Monday and awaiting further instructions atm. It's still under warranty, so I'm guessing I'll probably have to send it in for repair. Will keep you posted.

herrjano
Learning to Wiggle

Sensel Morph

Post by herrjano » Sun May 19, 2019 8:02 am

Has anyone used it with the Sensel Morph? The SC shows H in the screen when I connect the Morph in the "to host" USB input, but after that nothing happens.

The Morph is using the latest firmware 0.19.180 and the Shuttle Control is using the latest stable firmware 3.8R9. I’m using the Slow Charge option in the Morph in case current draw was a problem but still no success. I'm trying the Buchla Thunder overlay with default settings and I've tried MPE and regular MIDI in the SC configuration and still no luck.

Phil999
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Phil999 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:44 pm

same here. The Sensel gets recognised as a device, Shuttle Control displays the 'h', but no MIDI gets transmitted. I hope this will be fixed one day, until then it just needs a computer to use the Sensel with the Shuttle Control.

herrjano
Learning to Wiggle

Post by herrjano » Mon May 20, 2019 2:59 am

After checking the support forums of the Morph for problems with other devices I think it’s because it presents itself as a “multimode” device where one of its capabilities is MIDI USB. That’s probably not supported by the SC.

I’ll send support requests to both ends, maybe they can solve it.

neuroportal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by neuroportal » Sat May 25, 2019 6:13 am

Hey Herrjano - did you get any replies?

herrjano
Learning to Wiggle

Post by herrjano » Sat May 25, 2019 9:13 am

Endorphin.es asked me some questions regarding the device but hasn't got back to me yet. Sensel the same, but I also asked them if they could get in touch with Endorphin.es, since they have helped in the past other companies like Expert Sleepers to support their device. I hope to get a reply for either soon, otherwise I'll have to return my Morph (I don't want to use an extra device as a "proxy" to connect it).

neuroportal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by neuroportal » Sat May 25, 2019 9:39 am

Hopeing superbooth just slowed them down a bit. I know that the people behind Enforphin.es were at there from what I was told. Nice guys apparently.

neuroportal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by neuroportal » Tue May 28, 2019 3:28 am

"Hi Ben,

Currently, there's an issue that prevents the Morph from working with the Shuttle Control. We're in touch with Endorphin.es, and their team is currently working on a fix. If you'd still prefer to cancel your order, please let me know.

Best,
David at Sensel"

In which case I will let the order go through. Hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

herrjano
Learning to Wiggle

Post by herrjano » Tue May 28, 2019 5:52 am

Sensel also got back to me today telling me that they are in touch with Endorphin.es to solve this, I'll risk it and keep my Morph.

Phil999
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Phil999 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:19 am

thank you guys for your efforts, and to the folks at Sensel and Endorphin.es.

neuroportal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by neuroportal » Thu May 30, 2019 9:35 am

Confirmation from Endorphines.

"Hello Ben
Yes, we are in touch with Sensel developers and waiting for the test unit from them. Also we are working on the code from our side as well.
Will announce once everything will be ready.
It looks feasible but we have to have devices to test.
Andreas."

Umcorps
Will patch for food

Post by Umcorps » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:50 am

Probably worth logging here that there looks to be a similar issue with the Haken Continuum Mini not being recognised by the SC as well.

I expect its the same underlying issue. I've logged it directly with Endorphines. Hopefully the next update of the firmware will sort it out.

skitzo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by skitzo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:23 pm

Anyone use a shuttle control with a Polyend Sea? Looking for info on config for gate and 1v/oct outs. Can’t get it to recognize the controls. It does realize a host is connected.

herrjano
Learning to Wiggle

Post by herrjano » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:10 am

Endorphin.es got back to me and the latest beta firmware 3.9R2 adds support for the Sensel Morph. So far I haven't found any problems. Thanks to both Endorphin.es and Sensel :D.

yrn1
Common Wiggler

Post by yrn1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Deleted. Was useless question.

monads
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by monads » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:26 pm

herrjano wrote:Endorphin.es got back to me and the latest beta firmware 3.9R2 adds support for the Sensel Morph. So far I haven't found any problems. Thanks to both Endorphin.es and Sensel :D.
v3.9R2 is still listed as 'beta' though. I recently updated to v3.9R1 awaiting official release of R2.

zynapse
Learning to Wiggle

Ableton CV Tools

Post by zynapse » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:18 am

Anyone using Shuttle Control with Live's CV tools? What do you assign the outputs to on the editor? Gate and pitch are clear but what about when using LFO, envelope follower etc.

dhoinjo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dhoinjo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:06 am

Hello everyone, bought a second hand shuttle control a while back. I'm having this weird issue: it doesn't track the midi notes I send to it right. It's as if it sends 2v per octave.
When I send an A4, it outputs an A4, when I send an A5, it outputs an A6. So every not in between is wrong. When I play an Eb5 (half of the octave) outputs an A5. Anyone had this issue? Any ideas what I should do? I already reset the presets to factory settings.

SuperNiCd
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SuperNiCd » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:49 am

dhoinjo wrote:Hello everyone, bought a second hand shuttle control a while back. I'm having this weird issue: it doesn't track the midi notes I send to it right. It's as if it sends 2v per octave.
When I send an A4, it outputs an A4, when I send an A5, it outputs an A6. So every not in between is wrong. When I play an Eb5 (half of the octave) outputs an A5. Anyone had this issue? Any ideas what I should do? I already reset the presets to factory settings.
Yes, I had one that did that. Contact Endorphins. Mine had to be replaced.

dhoinjo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dhoinjo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:53 am

SuperNiCd wrote: Yes, I had one that did that. Contact Endorphins. Mine had to be replaced.
Contacted them before I posted but they haven't got back to me yet. Thanks for the answer.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”