Shuttle Control by Endorphines

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

ikkini
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ikkini » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:21 pm

Hi,

Does anyone use the synced LFOs ? They clearly are not synced for me.

Using synchronisation, I get the tempo, it works well, but shuffle and divisions via CC messages doesn't work.

I don't have enough MIDI channels on my sequencer to use tap LFOs that would solve the problem...

drowld
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by drowld » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:25 am

So i'm using the shuttle control for the first time.
And i've tried to configure a preset as such

I've tried sending it with midiOX it's not working.
I'm not sure how i can get a sysex out of the .mid.
Also how am i supposed to know how the shuttle is currentled setted.
Like i can't rapatriate midi from it ? Also how can i know which software it runs ?
Any ideas ?

Also latency is 340ms.. in ableton while it's fine with all the other usb stuff i use

ratchet
Common Wiggler

Post by ratchet » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:21 pm

I don't have mine in the rack at the moment but as I recall you should not need to use midiOX or anything else. If the SC is connected via USB it will show in the editor (near the bottom of the screen). You can send to the SC or read from the SC to see it's current settings

seychmar
Common Wiggler

Post by seychmar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Is it possible to get unipolar (0-5V) LFOs from the Shuttle Control? This would be very useful for modulating the many modules that do not take negative control voltages.

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:52 pm

I’ve connected support but my shuttle control is power cycling in my mantis case....seems to run ok with an external power source - any ideas?
look up!

bommelito
Common Wiggler

Post by bommelito » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Dogma wrote:I’ve connected support but my shuttle control is power cycling in my mantis case....seems to run ok with an external power source - any ideas?
Have you checked the overall power consumption of the Mantis?
The +12V rail is divided into 3 zones, each of which has max. 1A. Maybe moving the Shuttle Control to a different (less power hungry) zone will solve your problem.

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:46 pm

bommelito wrote:
Dogma wrote:I’ve connected support but my shuttle control is power cycling in my mantis case....seems to run ok with an external power source - any ideas?
Have you checked the overall power consumption of the Mantis?
The +12V rail is divided into 3 zones, each of which has max. 1A. Maybe moving the Shuttle Control to a different (less power hungry) zone will solve your problem.

That would be it :) thank you, I’ve just gone from case that could easily power the entire house to a mantis so I have a bunch of considerations now power wise I previously didn’t
look up!

Umcorps
Will patch for food

Post by Umcorps » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:36 am

drowld wrote:So i'm using the shuttle control for the first time.
And i've tried to configure a preset as such

I've tried sending it with midiOX it's not working.
I don't understand the bit about midiOX (Mac user) but if your intention is to play monophonic lines on different midi channels that template might not behave the way you expect it to.

If you are wanting to do that, you need to set the "voice" parameter for each different midi channel to "Voice 1"

The Voice parameter is for telling the SC how to deal with polyphony and MPE.

aturtlecrisis
Learning to Wiggle

Shuttle Control with OPZ

Post by aturtlecrisis » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:00 pm

Has anyone had any luck controlling eurorack via OPZ with the Shuttle Control? I'm a newb, just getting started. I love the OPZ and think it would be a great complement. But not sure if it's overkill. Also looking at yarns and others. But unsure how many cv and gates I'd need? Do you basically have to run a dedicated out for every parameter you want to control?

ikkini
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Shuttle Control with OPZ

Post by ikkini » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 pm

aturtlecrisis wrote:Has anyone had any luck controlling eurorack via OPZ with the Shuttle Control? I'm a newb, just getting started. I love the OPZ and think it would be a great complement. But not sure if it's overkill. Also looking at yarns and others. But unsure how many cv and gates I'd need? Do you basically have to run a dedicated out for every parameter you want to control?
I bought an Op-Z yesterday and it works perfectly with the Shuttle Control.

Concerning your question, yes, you have to use one output for each data. If you want to play notes with velocity, you will need three output : pitch CV, Gate and velocity CV.

aturtlecrisis
Learning to Wiggle

Shuttle Control with OPZ

Post by aturtlecrisis » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:21 am

That's cool. It's a great device and seems like a perfect complement to modular.

are you able to use the LFO on the OPZ to modulate?
any concerns about the module being dependent on a current browser?

any chance you could explain the power supply situation? It looks like it's setup to power connected devices, so I'm assuming it could continuously charge the OPZ or run a keystep.

I'm using a tiptop mantis. Looks like dogma above was having trouble just getting it to work until he moved it to a different section but not clear if it would then power external devices. I don't know anything about power at this point but I realize I have to learn some of this. Would the shuttle need to be connected to the case and some kind of wall wart in addition, which seems like it would be real awkward?

ikkini
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ikkini » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:16 pm

Well, I'm using the Shuttle Control to power a 3U 104hp rig. And then it has enough juice to power an external device (I have issues powering two devices at a time).

I've not tried to use the Op-Z LFOs since I use the ones provided by the Shuttle Control. Not sure the Op-Z outputs LFOs values via MIDI, but you can use its CCs outputs tu control Shuttle Control's LFOs.

For now, I'm just disapointed by the fact that live remix functions of the Op-Z apply on the internal sounds only, I would have loved to get access to some of them through MIDI.

Zerius
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zerius » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:14 pm

Need your help guys !

I'm trying to patch a 4 voices polyphonic and I don't understand how to set up correctly my shuttle control.

Here is my patch:

Here is how I had set up my shuttle control:

The problem is when I'm pressing on the keystep keys, they don't trigger at the same time, it triggers one after another or I have to press 4 keys at same time to make them trigger all together.

I think my patch is correct and problem comes from how I have set up my shuttle control.

Is there anyone who can help me figure out my issue?
Last edited by Zerius on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phil999
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Phil999 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:41 am

I think it is expected that it triggers one voice after another. I don't see the problem. Besides, perhaps you may want to set all Velocity and Pressure outputs to uni (0 to 10V) instead of bi (-5 to 5V). But I don't know your patch and modules, maybe you want bipolar outputs.

What exactly is the problem?

Zerius
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zerius » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:37 pm

Phil999 wrote:I think it is expected that it triggers one voice after another. I don't see the problem. Besides, perhaps you may want to set all Velocity and Pressure outputs to uni (0 to 10V) instead of bi (-5 to 5V). But I don't know your patch and modules, maybe you want bipolar outputs.

My problem is when Im pressing a key, it's "cycling" between all four oscillators.
You can see an example of what I am saying on this video explained by Once Upon A Time, my behaviour is similar to the second mode (6:00) on the video.

I would like to get the similar mode as the first one on the video.

I hope I'm clear now :hihi:

ookrsia
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ookrsia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Zerius wrote:
My problem is when Im pressing a key, it's "cycling" between all four oscillators.
Did you try changing the "keep voices" setting? Maybe that would help?

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:11 pm

Zerius wrote:
Phil999 wrote:I think it is expected that it triggers one voice after another. I don't see the problem. Besides, perhaps you may want to set all Velocity and Pressure outputs to uni (0 to 10V) instead of bi (-5 to 5V). But I don't know your patch and modules, maybe you want bipolar outputs.

You can see an example of what I am saying on this video explained by Once Upon A Time, my behaviour is similar to the second mode (6:00) on the video.

I would like to get the similar mode as the first one on the video.

I hope I'm clear now :hihi:
Your situation is hopeless I’m afraid.
If you could please send the qmmf to
Mat :)

I’m so jealous
look up!

ikkini
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ikkini » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:49 pm

I'm not sure (and can't test it right now), but did you try to put all outputs to Voice 1 ?

Zerius
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zerius » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Dogma wrote:
Your situation is hopeless I’m afraid.
If you could please send the qmmf to
Mat :)

I’m so jealous
Haha I was lucky enough to get one recently and won’t let it go soon for sure I’m sorry

Zerius
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zerius » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:36 pm

ikkini wrote:I'm not sure (and can't test it right now), but did you try to put all outputs to Voice 1 ?
I tried what @ookrsia told and it seems like it’s working now

Thanks you all for your help guys

minipusice
Common Wiggler

SHUTTLE CONTROL OUT OF CONTROL!

Post by minipusice » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:14 am

Love this device, but I'm afraid that the one I got may be faulty.

Does anyone have issues with losing presets on the module after a few days of OK usage?

Also, can anyone check if the display is on even when no power supply is plugged in (but the "to device" is connected to a computer).

Thanks so much.

Phil999
Veteran Wiggler

Re: SHUTTLE CONTROL OUT OF CONTROL!

Post by Phil999 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:29 pm

minipusice wrote: Also, can anyone check if the display is on even when no power supply is plugged in (but the "to device" is connected to a computer).
never witnessed something like that. Also, never lost a preset. Maybe you should document your experiences with the module and contact Endorphines.

Wubz
Common Wiggler

Re: Shuttle Control by Endorphines

Post by Wubz » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:55 am

Hi all. Does anyone know how to edit the shuttle control parameters on a windows 10 'puter while using it in Ableton at the same time? The shuttle doesn't show up on the editing page on chrome unless I close Ableton. Halp plz!!

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: SHUTTLE CONTROL OUT OF CONTROL!

Post by Daisuk » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:02 am

minipusice wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:14 am
Love this device, but I'm afraid that the one I got may be faulty.

Does anyone have issues with losing presets on the module after a few days of OK usage?

Also, can anyone check if the display is on even when no power supply is plugged in (but the "to device" is connected to a computer).

Thanks so much.
I had a similar problem which turned out to be a faulty board. Sent it back to Endorphin.es, and they sent me a replacement. :)

RecycleYourPets
Common Wiggler

Re: Shuttle Control by Endorphines

Post by RecycleYourPets » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:17 pm

Wubz wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:55 am
Hi all. Does anyone know how to edit the shuttle control parameters on a windows 10 'puter while using it in Ableton at the same time? The shuttle doesn't show up on the editing page on chrome unless I close Ableton. Halp plz!!
I dont think is in error but just how some midi devices will work on windows, and unrelated to the SC.

I have the same thing happen to me so if i know I need to edit the setup on the SC i do that first prior to opening ableton.

sorry to be of no help but might just need to live with it ;/
Schenk.work - instagram.com/schenk.work

Return to “Eurorack Modules”