Shuttle Control by Endorphines

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Zifor
Common Wiggler

Re: Shuttle Control by Endorphines

Post by Zifor » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:40 pm

Hi folks!
Anyone used shuttle control to power Rene 2 and pressure points? I assume I should use a volgen psu and it should be okay? Or should I get a powered MN skiff?
Maggots Gnawing Leppers Toes

joeSeggiola
Common Wiggler

Post by joeSeggiola » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:46 am

Can a Shuttle Control programmable output be assigned to a gate that is high until any other note gate is high (i.e. any MIDI note is on)? I'm thinking about a polyphonic chords setup with multiple VCAs but a single filter, controlled by an envelope triggered by this gate. I want it on as soon as I press a note, and released when no note is pressed anymore.

seychmar
Common Wiggler

Post by seychmar » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:21 am

Is it at all possible to get a unipolar LFO out of the Shuttle Control?

Wubz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wubz » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:00 am

Hey, thanks for your reply,
This is what I figured. I was playing around in windows to try to find some way where this is not the case. It would be nice to be able to edit the settings on the fly. Ah well.
RecycleYourPets wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:17 pm
Wubz wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:55 am
Hi all. Does anyone know how to edit the shuttle control parameters on a windows 10 'puter while using it in Ableton at the same time? The shuttle doesn't show up on the editing page on chrome unless I close Ableton. Halp plz!!
I dont think is in error but just how some midi devices will work on windows, and unrelated to the SC.

I have the same thing happen to me so if i know I need to edit the setup on the SC i do that first prior to opening ableton.

sorry to be of no help but might just need to live with it ;/

Wubz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wubz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:42 am

I'm getting really weird behaviour from my shuttle controls. They are freezing. When I pull the usb connection and reconnect it starts working again. It does it whether its powered from the busboard or from it's own brick (this is the weirdest part). I have two of them, same behaviour with both but only in the trogotronic case. If i power the module from the busboard it freezes very quickly, unless I have a computer connected to the device port and then it does it less. It freezes even less frequently when powered by it's own brick (ever 10-30 mins maybe). Is there something about the rails in the case that are causing some kind of grounding issue? I've contacted trogotronic and he was VERY helpful but couldn't really suggest anything. He sent me a new busboard and power brick. Same issue. Endorphines sent me a new motherboard with a "special" cable soldered to the back, to plug into the bus board. Didn't help. I'm thinking that the trogotronic system is causing some kind of interference/noise/something through the rails of the case. What else can it be. The module works reat in my palette case, i was using it flawlessly aove christmas period while i was away. I'm really not very knowledgable about electricity and circuits. WTF IS GOING ON??? HAAAAAAALPPP!

ookrsia
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ookrsia » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:16 am

Wubz wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:42 am
HAAAAAAALPPP!
Problems with PSUs etc can be hard to understand for a layman (like me.) So if I were you I would just go for the easy solution: use the module with another PSU. Don't connect it to the Trogotronic case.

If you want, you can just buy some case with no power and just power the Shuttle Control directly with it's own internal PSU.

Wubz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wubz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:56 am

Thanks for your reply, this does make sense. This is what I'll do if I can't figure it out otherwise. Thanks

freqout
Common Wiggler

Post by freqout » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Is there a way to transpose the pitch of an output by octaves? My Noise Engineering modules (BIA, CI) don't seem respond to negative voltage at the pitch inputs so I'd like to bump the voltage up like 2v or 3v. Nothing in the web interface really stood out to me as being able to achieve this, but it seems like it'd be a useful feature to have rather than requiring a precision adder.

Wubz
Learning to Wiggle

Re:

Post by Wubz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:12 pm

Sinamsis wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:12 am
An update to the previous posts about daisy chaining SCs. You definitely can with just a USB cable. I have no idea why Endorphon.es told me to use both outs of my DT. That means no need for expanders really. You can daisy chain as many as you want.
Hi, I'm currently trying this bus having no luck,. I have my DT connectred to the first shuttle control by usb and then a second usb cable connecting the 2nd shuttle control via the 2nd USB host connection on the first shuttle control. Host loopback is turned on. How is yours set up to work?

Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Re:

Post by Sinamsis » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:42 pm

Wubz wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:12 pm
Sinamsis wrote:
An update to the previous posts about daisy chaining SCs. You definitely can with just a USB cable. I have no idea why Endorphon.es told me to use both outs of my DT. That means no need for expanders really. You can daisy chain as many as you want.
Hi, I'm currently trying this bus having no luck,. I have my DT connectred to the first shuttle control by usb and then a second usb cable connecting the 2nd shuttle control via the 2nd USB host connection on the first shuttle control. Host loopback is turned on. How is yours set up to work?
Not sure! That was quite a while ago, but I can try to look back and find out. I still have 3 Shuttle Controls! Though 1 is currently out of commission. I can take a little and get back to you. I will tell you that I was using the Digitakt for this specific purpose at that point. And for a while I had issues with flooding the SCs with CC data, but I think that was fixed in subsequent firmware updates. SC is by far the best MIDI to CV converter I have used in euro rack, and so incredibly flexible.

Wubz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wubz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Sinamsis wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:42 pm
Wubz wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:
Not sure! That was quite a while ago, but I can try to look back and find out. I still have 3 Shuttle Controls! Though 1 is currently out of commission. I can take a little and get back to you. I will tell you that I was using the Digitakt for this specific purpose at that point. And for a while I had issues with flooding the SCs with CC data, but I think that was fixed in subsequent firmware updates. SC is by far the best MIDI to CV converter I have used in euro rack, and so incredibly flexible.
Hey, thanks, I'd love some help on this. I mean I could just get a usb splitter too i suppose.

Wubz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Wubz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:58 am

Sinamsis wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:42 pm
Wubz wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:
Figured it out, I was trying to connect host to host, which is not working. It has to be device to host, which seems obvious now.

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:49 pm

freqout wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:23 pm
Is there a way to transpose the pitch of an output by octaves? My Noise Engineering modules (BIA, CI) don't seem respond to negative voltage at the pitch inputs so I'd like to bump the voltage up like 2v or 3v. Nothing in the web interface really stood out to me as being able to achieve this, but it seems like it'd be a useful feature to have rather than requiring a precision adder.
don't know about the sc but seems to me what you need is a rectifier.

freqout
Common Wiggler

Post by freqout » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:53 pm

slumberjack wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:49 pm
A rectifier would invert the voltage for negative notes... that would in turn invert the sequence... it wouldn't be the same notes anymore. So no... if I wanted to use another module to solve it, it would be a precision cv adder or just a hand-tuned offset.

Chatted about it with someone from endorphin.es and the ideal solve would be for the web editor to support specifying some 1v/oct outputs as unipolar as opposed to the bipolar default.

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:15 pm

freqout wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:53 pm
slumberjack wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:49 pm
A rectifier would invert the voltage for negative notes... that would in turn invert the sequence... it wouldn't be the same notes anymore. So no... if I wanted to use another module to solve it, it would be a precision cv adder or just a hand-tuned offset.

Chatted about it with someone from endorphin.es and the ideal solve would be for the web editor to support specifying some 1v/oct outputs as unipolar as opposed to the bipolar default.
I always ment note information in eurorack are unipolar from 0 - 10v but maybe I'm wrong...and out of this concept I kept hanging on to for a few years now I came to the conclusion you must have tried bipolar voltages such as low freq oscillations on the 1v/oct input which then lead me suggest to rectify the +/- voltage to + only. According to all of this I don't understand why 1v/oct outputs on the SC are bipolar by default, but again maybe I just got the concept of pitch information and voltage wrong and I'm sorry for the inappropriate post of mine.
Last edited by slumberjack on Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

freqout
Common Wiggler

Post by freqout » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:28 pm

all good. I agree tho, I do think its pretty weird that SC uses bipolar 1v/oct outputs.

freqout
Common Wiggler

Post by freqout » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:26 pm

so I determined that the source of some nasty ground loop noise in my rack was the shuttle control. the case is an intellijel 84hp performance case. i am powering the module with the cases power, not using the built in supply. anyone else encounter this? any ideas for a solution?

stickman
Common Wiggler

Post by stickman » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Do you still get the noise with USB disconnected?

freqout
Common Wiggler

Post by freqout » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Yep... no devices connected, still hearing ground loop noise :(

klick
Learning to Wiggle

Post by klick » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:03 pm

Best way to solve your ground loop problem, is to ping endorphin.es about it.

They are known for top notch support, and if there is some known problems and solutions, you'll know without having to use voodoo methods trying to fix it ;)

hope this will help ;)

visible cow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by visible cow » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Does anyone have a link to a compatible power brick for the Shuttle Control? The links in the manual all appear dead. I'm in the US.

Umcorps
Will patch for food

Post by Umcorps » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:35 pm

This is the US version of the one I use

https://www.amazon.com/DTK-Adapter-Moni ... 462&sr=8-3

Works fine here

visible cow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by visible cow » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:51 pm

Excellent, thank you

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:27 pm

shuttle control has been updated to cargo4 firmware anyone has a test drive on this update?

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Post by LDT » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:23 am

Wick wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:27 pm
shuttle control has been updated to cargo4 firmware anyone has a test drive on this update?
Ooh, I just read the notes on the new firmware. Very interesting. Will test.
-Lars

Return to “Eurorack Modules”