Abstract Data - ADE-32 Octocontroller v1.1 Firmware upgrade

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, Kent, Joe.

esmeets
Ultra Wiggler

Post by esmeets » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:44 am

esmeets wrote:Somehow the blue out-2 light is not as bright as before anymore... this happened after the firmware upgrade.. anyone else got the same problem?
no one? :despair:

jwise
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jwise » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:53 pm

I just got the last of the Octocontrollers from Perfect Circuit (demo unit) and made sure I have firmware 1.1 - all is great!

As I've gone through the forum it appears that another firmware might be happening in the near future. So I'm wondering if I should hurry and order the firmware upgrade cable from AbstractData immediately or do I have some time?

oinkbanana
Wiggling with Experience

Post by oinkbanana » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:25 pm

are these in stock anywhere? when is a next run expected to ship out?

esmeets
Ultra Wiggler

Post by esmeets » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:53 am

Help!

The External clock in on my ADE-32 does not work?!
Please read my thread here:
viewtopic.php?p=2507252#2507252

Thanks!

abstractjuz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by abstractjuz » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi @jwise
jwise wrote:I just got the last of the Octocontrollers from Perfect Circuit (demo unit) and made sure I have firmware 1.1 - all is great!

As I've gone through the forum it appears that another firmware might be happening in the near future. So I'm wondering if I should hurry and order the firmware upgrade cable from AbstractData immediately or do I have some time?
There will be some more ADE-32 Firmware revisions - but there isn't a definite timetable or release schedule yet.

The USB-FTDI cables are fairly widely available and they're not likely to disappear any time soon - so I would say there's no rush.

Enjoy your new Octocontroller!

:banana:
Abstract Data: Instruments & Effects
http://www.abstractdata.biz

abstractjuz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by abstractjuz » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Hi @oinkbanana
oinkbanana wrote:are these in stock anywhere? when is a next run expected to ship out?
Have a major re-stock scheduled to start rolling out in April - that will include US, UK and EU stores.

Had a delay with sourcing one vital component - nothing major, just the standard fun of manufacturing - but we're back on track and the modules are in production right now.

HTH :tu:

TommyRaddcliff
Wiggling with Experience

Post by TommyRaddcliff » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:46 pm

abstractjuz wrote:Hi @oinkbanana
oinkbanana wrote:are these in stock anywhere? when is a next run expected to ship out?
Have a major re-stock scheduled to start rolling out in April - that will include US, UK and EU stores.

Had a delay with sourcing one vital component - nothing major, just the standard fun of manufacturing - but we're back on track and the modules are in production right now.

SO looking forward to release!

WontonForce
Learning to Wiggle

Post by WontonForce » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:36 pm

abstractjuz wrote:Hi @oinkbanana

Any chance they will be coming to any Canadian retailers?

abstractjuz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by abstractjuz » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:31 am

Hi @WontonForce
WontonForce wrote:Any chance they will be coming to any Canadian retailers?
Currently - no. Sorry
:waah:

Orders and who stocks what is down to the stores themselves so if you have a favourite local retailer/distributor that you'd like to see stocking Abstract Data - absolutely the best way to make that happen is talk to them directly.

Alternatively - you can also buy direct from Abstract Data once their back in stock.

HTH
:tu:

WontonForce
Learning to Wiggle

Post by WontonForce » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:42 pm

abstractjuz wrote:Hi @WontonForce
WontonForce wrote:Any chance they will be coming to any Canadian retailers?
Alternatively - you can also buy direct from Abstract Data once their back in stock.

HTH
:ripbanana: will watch for the restock then!

abstractjuz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by abstractjuz » Thu May 04, 2017 10:23 am

Major ADE-32 Octocontroller re-stock finally starting to rollout after the last couple of months of manufacturing delays.

Working to have all current back-orders filled by the end of May with stock currently being built for:

US: Analogue Haven/Control Voltage/Ctrl Mod/Detroit Modular/Perfect Circuit

UK: Absolute Music/Cymru Beats/Funky Junk/Juno/KMR Audio/London Modular/Matttech Modular/Signal Sounds

EU: Blip CV/Dupertuis Electronique/Loops & Bits/MIDI Amsterdam/Modular Square/Schneiders Laden

:ripbanana:

oinkbanana
Wiggling with Experience

Post by oinkbanana » Thu May 04, 2017 11:09 am

don't just build the boxes! :guinness:

abstractjuz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by abstractjuz » Thu May 11, 2017 5:52 am

Dear awesome ADE-32 users - please tell me how you would like some sort of Swing/Shuffle functionality to work on the ADE-32.

Would you use it? How would you use it?

I'm not making any promises at all here - it might not even be possible and it would definitely need to work well within the current UI design and workflow...

...but I am now starting to look at a short-list for a v1.2 Firmware beta.

Go!

ngarjuna
Ultra Wiggler

Post by ngarjuna » Thu May 11, 2017 6:41 am

Well that would certainly open up the Gate/Trigger outputs quite a bit for me. For starters I'd probably clock my sequencers from Octo (right now I tend to use Silent Way mostly for the shuffle).

I'm not crazy about the shuffle implementation on my Avalon: a few levels of shuffle to choose from. I need it to be more adjustable than that to be useful (so I usually just clock the Avalon from SW).

But count me as very excited at the possibility of swinging Octocontroller. I'd say "then I'd definitely need to buy a second!" but I'm pretty sure that's gonna happen anyway heh.

achida
Common Wiggler

Post by achida » Thu May 11, 2017 6:57 am

Dear abstractjuz
i dont know if my request may apply to swing/shuffle functionality but
Since i use ADE32 mostly in ext sync mode
My request maybe easier to implement is to be able to split the EXT RESET input signal on the eight channels in order to handle different lengths of S&H using CLOCK DIV/MULT or OFFSET (??) for each channel and of course i would like to up load my own arpeggios or maybe yes a bit of swing on ARPS and Loops could help..
many tnx
cheers

ngarjuna
Ultra Wiggler

Post by ngarjuna » Thu May 11, 2017 7:08 am

Ah also worth mentioning: I use Octocontroller in EXT SYNC mode (with a DIN Sync clock) 100% of the time. So if Shuffle only controlled the internal clock (as it does on some of my other Euro gear) it would not be a usable feature for me.

abstractjuz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by abstractjuz » Thu May 11, 2017 7:55 am

Hi @ngarjuna
ngarjuna wrote:Ah also worth mentioning: I use Octocontroller in EXT SYNC mode (with a DIN Sync clock) 100% of the time. So if Shuffle only controlled the internal clock (as it does on some of my other Euro gear) it would not be a usable feature for me.
Current idea is that Swing/Shuffle would be implemented for each *applicable* Output Type in the same way that e.g. Clock Division or Offset is currently implemented.

So - it wouldn't matter whether you were running Internal or External Clock and you would only assign a Swing/Shuffle amount to selected applicable Output Types.

I say applicable because this would only apply to stuff like Gates/Pulses - wouldn't be implemented on LFOs, etc.

abstractjuz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by abstractjuz » Thu May 11, 2017 8:04 am

Hi @achida
achida wrote:...split the EXT RESET input signal on the eight channels in order to handle different lengths of S&H using CLOCK DIV/MULT or OFFSET (??) for each channel...
That wouldn't be part of the Swing/Shuffle implementation (if that does happen) - but it is on the list for discussion. Not sure it can be done - but we are going to look at the idea.
achida wrote:...and of course i would like to up load my own arpeggios...
A Firmware version with some degree of user-customisation is still something I would like to do. It will probably get on the to-do list after v1.2 is done.

HTH.

achida
Common Wiggler

Post by achida » Thu May 11, 2017 8:05 am

abstractjuz wrote:Hi @ngarjuna
ngarjuna wrote:Ah also worth mentioning: I use Octocontroller in EXT SYNC mode (with a DIN Sync clock) 100% of the time. So if Shuffle only controlled the internal clock (as it does on some of my other Euro gear) it would not be a usable feature for me.
Current idea is that Swing/Shuffle would be implemented for each *applicable* Output Type in the same way that e.g. Clock Division or Offset is currently implemented.

So - it wouldn't matter whether you were running Internal or External Clock and you would only assign a Swing/Shuffle amount to selected applicable Output Types.

I say applicable because this would only apply to stuff like Gates/Pulses - wouldn't be implemented on LFOs, etc.
Everything much clearer :tu:

ngarjuna
Ultra Wiggler

Post by ngarjuna » Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 am

abstractjuz wrote:Hi @ngarjuna

It sounds like the proposed implementation would be super useful. And yes, I wouldn't be looking for such a feature on the non-applicable output types, that makes perfect sense. I love the idea honestly.

void23
Wiggling with Experience

Post by void23 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:43 am

A touch of shuffle is always a good thing.

MATSmile
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by MATSmile » Thu May 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Can we get an envelope function (similar to what new ALM NPW offers). I'm a bit low on envelopes in my system and simple decay envelope could be awesome. Thanks

void23
Wiggling with Experience

Post by void23 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:25 pm

MATSmile wrote:Can we get an envelope function (similar to what new ALM NPW offers). I'm a bit low on envelopes in my system and simple decay envelope could be awesome. Thanks
Can't you already do that with a ramp shape?

MATSmile
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by MATSmile » Thu May 11, 2017 2:30 pm

You can, but you can't really adjust decay time and it's linear.

abstractjuz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by abstractjuz » Fri May 12, 2017 4:21 am

Hi @MATSmile
MATSmile wrote:Can we get an envelope function (similar to what new ALM NPW offers). I'm a bit low on envelopes in my system and simple decay envelope could be awesome. Thanks
No plans for doing any type of envelope generation - sorry.
The reason for this is that you would either have to re-purpose the Clock Division and Offset controls for just that Output Type (to control the envelope stages) or you would have to go with such a basic envelope implementation that I really don't think it would bring anything to the game other than UI clutter.
One of the main strengths of the ADE-32 is its ease-of-use and re-purposing controls for one-off exceptions to the rule (or shoe-horning in half-a** implementations of ideas) really works against that.
Also - the ADE-51 VC AHDSR will be out some time this year - and that will be one of the strongest Envelope Generators in Eurorack.
HTH.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”