Moog goes Eurorack:Satan complains of sudden chill Mother-32

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler

Post by deltaAquarii » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:34 am

a mother as only soundsource on this

https://soundcloud.com/ulverine1/sunk

sixnon
Common Wiggler

Post by sixnon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:07 pm

deltaAquarii wrote:a mother as only soundsource on this

https://soundcloud.com/ulverine1/sunk
Nice track @deltaAquari ONLY? Inclusive of drum/percussion?

deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler

Post by deltaAquarii » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:54 am

hey thanks.
percussion yes
kick/snare/toms no.

sixnon
Common Wiggler

Post by sixnon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:45 am

You're welcome. I thought those snares and toms were difficult to imagine coming from a Mother 32, but really polished track nonetheless, especially given everything else came from it. I listened to some of your other work on soundcloud and heard a similar polish and personal voice. Good work and thanks for sharing.

luketeaford
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by luketeaford » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:59 pm

I was just musing that it might be possible to play a triad on just a Mother-32, so I whipped up a quick demo of this patch:
Thought this might be possible so I recorded it: you can create a triad with a single Moog Mother 32.
http://soundcloud.com/luketeaford/moog- ... triad-demo

Here's how:

Patch VCO PULSE to RUN/STOP

Set ASSIGN output to ramp or saw.

Set last step to 3 (so it is dividing the incoming clock by 3 to give you one octave and a fifth below the main oscillator from ASSIGN output).

Patch ASSIGN and LFO SQ into the mixer.

Patch MIXER to EXT IN.

Tune LFO SQ to a major or minor third (or whatever)

Adjust blending in VC MIX and MIX to find the right balance.

Rafi
Common Wiggler

Post by Rafi » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:48 am

mod edit: some piffle deleted. Numbers runners will be numbers runners.

dumbledog
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dumbledog » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:42 am

Which explains why you're bumping dozens of old threads today to get your post count up to 100. Got it.

psylhouette
Learning to Wiggle

Post by psylhouette » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:29 pm

This is my first post, and I did search "moog mother mult noise" before I took the plunge.

Please direct me to the right thread if this ain't it.

The mult in on my Mother is introducing a lot of noise into the audio chain when I plug anything into it.

Update : think this is a combination of modules, not just the Mother

How do you delete posts? Even in a tumbleweed thread like this!

Gaetan
Common Wiggler

Post by Gaetan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:25 am

Just a quick question. I'm going to pick a second hand one soon. Is there any way of doing a factory reset to clear the sequencer and set any setting back to default ?

CaneMan
Wiggling with Experience

Post by CaneMan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Not that I know of. There's not a lot to configure though.The manual does a great job of telling you how to assign a MIDI channel to the M32 and how enter setup mode to configure the few settings available.

Gaetan
Common Wiggler

Post by Gaetan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:05 am

I've been owning one for a couple of weeks now and boy, so much fun !
The design is incredibly clever, hats off to Moog's engineers. Even without any patching or sequencing the range of sounds is surprisingly broad, in no small part thanks to the numerous switches. The oscillators sound just perfect, the filter is... do I need to describe a Moog filter ? And I really like the AD/ASR envelope.

The patchbay is a lot of fun and opens up to a nice amount of fiddling. The Mother-32 contains enough utilities (2 mixers, multiple, noise, etc.) that the workflow is easy and allows for a lot of room before you start feeling stuck.

The sequencer is also very nice, and a big reason why I chose the Mother-32 over other semi-modular. I'll start by saying that it is absolutely not intuitive and you will need to have your manual open on the side for a bit of time before you can start really going at it. The learning curve is steep but also fortunately very short : there are simply not that many features to learn, and I mean that as a good thing because it means that nothing is superfluous. I still need to refer to the manual every now and then, but once I had used the main features a couple of times, I was able to remember the essentials. Thumbs up to the manual by the way, not only it is a work of art in itself, it is crystal clear and very thorough. The sequencer tutorials helped a lot.

mmpingo
Common Wiggler

Post by mmpingo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:34 am

Gaetan wrote:The Mother-32 contains enough utilities (2 mixers, multiple, noise, etc.) that the workflow is easy and allows for a lot of room before you start feeling stuck.
Do you actually use it alone or while this statement is absolutely true, you use it with some additional modules? Any S&H and random source suggestions?

Gaetan
Common Wiggler

Post by Gaetan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:06 am

mmpingo wrote:
Gaetan wrote:The Mother-32 contains enough utilities (2 mixers, multiple, noise, etc.) that the workflow is easy and allows for a lot of room before you start feeling stuck.
Do you actually use it alone or while this statement is absolutely true, you use it with some additional modules? Any S&H and random source suggestions?
I use it alone, I have no other modular gear right now. You must know that already, but you can also set the assign output to send a random voltage for each step of the sequencer.

mmpingo
Common Wiggler

Post by mmpingo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:38 am

Gaetan wrote:You must know that already, but you can also set the assign output to send a random voltage for each step of the sequencer.
I didn't know, so thanks. :)

Gaetan
Common Wiggler

Post by Gaetan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:02 am

mmpingo wrote:
Gaetan wrote:You must know that already, but you can also set the assign output to send a random voltage for each step of the sequencer.
I didn't know, so thanks. :)
Don't hesitate to sit down one time and read the manual in its entirety, it contains a lot of information and tips that are difficult of impossible to know otherwise (for example the VC mix can be used as a mixer, but also an attenuator, a VCA, or a fixed voltage source). I also recommend trying the presets in there.

JakoGreyshire
Ultra Wiggler

Post by JakoGreyshire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:59 am

[video][/video]
My YouTuBe Page...
The patch you've created in your brain is more challenging to modify than the patch you have on your modular.

deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler

Post by deltaAquarii » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Rafi
Common Wiggler

Post by Rafi » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:39 pm

Gordon Cole wrote:Anyone else who has one find they have issues with the reset input?

I can't really get it to work regularly, sometimes it resets, sometimes it skips it. Tried short trigs to longer gates, but get the same behaviour no matter what. I end up with a sequence that sounds semi random, which isn't what I'm after.
I’m having the same issue sending a “single final pulse” modifier from Pamela’s New Workout to Reset in on M32. Did you figure out what was causing your Reset issue?

Licudi
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Licudi » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:52 am

New overlays from https://www.oversynth.com/

Not sure any of these quite does it for me. The final SEM-ish one, maybe...

Cheers to Xmit for pointing these out.

Xmit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Xmit » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:32 am

^
yeah I realise now I commented on completely the wrong thread, in the wrong part of the forum now :doh: :hihi:

thanks for sweeping up for me :guinness:

Licudi
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Moog goes Eurorack:Satan complains of sudden chill Mother-32

Post by Licudi » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:37 pm

Oversynth has added Grandmother/Matriarch-themed overlays for the Mother-32 and DFAM.

https://www.oversynth.com/product-page/ ... -moog-dfam

th0mas
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Moog goes Eurorack:Satan complains of sudden chill Mother-32

Post by th0mas » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:22 am

I've added a cheat sheet for Mother-32 to my website SynthModes (a mobile-friendly collection of synth cheat sheets on web and iOS).

https://synthmodes.com/modules/mother32/

Could someone with a Mother-32 please proofread my cheat sheet? I've only played one for a few minutes in a music store and am not 100% certain I've gotten the details correct. Feel free to DM me corrections.

Mother-32 will be added to the iOS app soon, just going to write a few more modules first.

Thanks
Tom

Return to “Eurorack Modules”