Noise Engineering Loquelic Iteritas

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

beatcleaver
Wiggling with Experience

Post by beatcleaver » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:56 pm

LI is just an damn fine oscillator. I use it on almost everything.

Here's one with the LI front and central. It's the lead that comes in around 0:14 and plays pretty much throughout...

http://soundcloud.com/beatcleaver/211-p ... k-pick-350

autopoiesis
Ultra Wiggler

Post by autopoiesis » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:51 pm

:love: pretty fucking great use of the thing @beatcleaver

beatcleaver
Wiggling with Experience

Post by beatcleaver » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:25 pm

autopoiesis wrote::love: pretty fucking great use of the thing @beatcleaver
deadly :tu: thanks for the dopamine

Outsider Sound Design
Common Wiggler

Post by Outsider Sound Design » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Testing the Loquelic Iteritas.

[video][/video]
Sound Design / Sample Packs
www.outsidersounddesign.com

Test Series Sound Design Blog
www.outsidersounddesign.com/blogs/news

Experimental Music
www.adarkplotofland.bandcamp.com

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:03 am

Anyone running two Loquelic ? I find myself wanting to use two different algo more and more in patches, or even the same but with a different chain... It sounds so good through filters, hi pass, bandpass, lowpass, it works every time.

I've tried several oscillators but I haven't find something I love equally as much as this one in such a small size.

cptnal
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cptnal » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:38 am

Just the one here, but I'd say if you enjoy the sound and gel with the interface then go for it!

Fell back in love with mine last night going through the Korgasmatron, which is back in my rack after a short rest. :love:

Zerius
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zerius » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:Anyone running two Loquelic ? I find myself wanting to use two different algo more and more in patches, or even the same but with a different chain... It sounds so good through filters, hi pass, bandpass, lowpass, it works every time.

I've tried several oscillators but I haven't find something I love equally as much as this one in such a small size.
I don't think 2 would be overkilling since they are many many sounds possibilities coming from this module.
Did you think to get the Percido version in addition to the one you already got?

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:11 pm

I have both an LI and an LIP. Use them both for different things. Honestly doesn't feel like that much overkill, while they're technically the same core they feel very different in use.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:57 am

Yeah I considered LIP but it's big; maybe I should try it in a store, it's seems a bit overwhelming from afar.

NoLegs
Ultra Wiggler

Post by NoLegs » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Some LIP today. I had the LI originally and replaced it with the LIP. Worth it. I don't really think it takes up that much more space, considering you would have most likely been using a VCA and an envelope that would've taken up HP. The amount of control you get over the parameters is fantastic, and with a voltage sequencer with memory (like the Voltage Block) you can even program in presets of a sort - by switching the Algorithm, Master and Mode. I think it's worth the extra space if you can afford it. The envelope out is also fun to play with, especially if you're modulating the envelope time/shape/curve.

This is really just a simple patch though, but I sure love the way LI/LIP sounds.

[video][/video]

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:51 am

I've read and watched a bit more stuff about the LIP; doesn't seem that overwhelming after all but the wealth of controls it offers seems to make it very powerful and a different beast than the LI. I often hook up Quadra to mine so this seems like the same concept but all integrated, faster and probably more powerful.

I've found a way to make space, I'll probably go for this. I keep trying different oscillators and I keep coming back to the LI. Definitely not the fault of the other oscillators, they are great modules in their own right, but eventually they all got sold and only the LI has stayed throughout. So I'm just being honest with myself there :)

NoLegs
Ultra Wiggler

Post by NoLegs » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:02 pm

If it's your go to oscillator, I would definitely recommend getting the LIP. It looks intimidating but once you break it down into it's parts it's pretty straightforward.

Has Original LI functionality
adds CV control over parameters that did not have CV on the original LI: Master, Algo
Adds a a loopable internal envelope with cv-able Mode, Shape, Curve and Time
Has an output for the envelope to patch out of the LIP
Has built in attenuverters that route the envelope to the pitch for both oscillators and the 4 original parameters (Morph, Fold, Mod, Damp).
The amount of envelope applied to those to all of the above is cv-able as well.

drowld
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drowld » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:59 am

I have a v1 but it doesn track too well and i think is pretty atonal/out of tune most of the time.
Does the sync version change this ?

The LIP looks like 2x the size of the LI

lohacker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lohacker » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 am

drowld wrote:I have a v1 but it doesn track too well and i think is pretty atonal/out of tune most of the time.
When synced the tuning follows very well the master osc, I use it often when modulating the other parameters.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Bim:

Dennis
Common Wiggler

Post by Dennis » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Yes!!! congratulations :hail:
next year im doing the same, got the LIP but i need another LI
its my favorite VCO by a long shot. instant pleasure :banana:

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:35 pm

drowld wrote:I have a v1 but it doesn track too well and i think is pretty atonal/out of tune most of the time.

The LIP looks like 2x the size of the LI
The LIP is exactly 2x the size of the LI, at 20 hp.

Have you run through the calibration procedure on your LI? I haven't heard of many people running into tracking issues on it. It definitely is atonal in terms of the sounds it can produce, but it's also relatively easy to clean up if that's what you desire. I generally set Master to A and tune B to that (which internally syncs B to A and helps keep things related) and then patch and tweak from there.

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Dennis wrote:Yes!!! congratulations :hail:
next year im doing the same, got the LIP but i need another LI
its my favorite VCO by a long shot. instant pleasure :banana:
My favourite too. I tried what felt like quite a few different VCO to try and find a "different flavour" and in the end always came back to the Loquelic. It's the only one that never left. So I just needed to accept the obvious and buy another one, but this time +++ version.

I tried it for a while at the shop and had some more time to play with it at home and DAMN are all these controls so powerful. It really really expands the sound possibilities of the LI. Still is only sweet spots. This one while take a while to fully know; good thing I am already very familiar with the LI tone. And do I love it.

Semi related but I got a Black Octasource with it and the pairing is :nuke:

Edit : also this is my first NE module since they changed their panels. Still prefer the old ones but these are nice nonetheless. Nice and shiny with good silkscreen job (shiny too).

drowld
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drowld » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:29 am

uniquepersonno2 wrote: The LIP is exactly 2x the size of the LI, at 20 hp.

Have you run through the calibration procedure on your LI? I haven't heard of many people running into tracking issues on it. It definitely is atonal in terms of the sounds it can produce, but it's also relatively easy to clean up if that's what you desire. I generally set Master to A and tune B to that (which internally syncs B to A and helps keep things related) and then patch and tweak from there.
Yes i calibrated it. It just track like 3 oct or so..
How do you set master to A ?

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:32 am

drowld wrote:
uniquepersonno2 wrote: The LIP is exactly 2x the size of the LI, at 20 hp.

Yes i calibrated it. It just track like 3 oct or so..
How do you set master to A ?
With the "Master" switch, discussed on page 3 of the manual: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... manual.pdf
Might be worth trying to calibrate it again, never noticed any issues on mine.

Aaronautical001
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Aaronautical001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:43 am

Tumulishroomaroom wrote:Bim:

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this. Plenty of patch notes, please! :yay:

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:59 pm

Here's a little extract from a live rehearsal this Saturday. LIP plays a big part in the first half; first in loop mode with that menacing sound (≈ 1:45) , then sequenced by the Drum Sequencer (≈ 5:00 on). I'm really really liking this bigger version. So glad I went for it instead of "just" another LIP. The attenuverters for the enveloppe sends are genius. Same for the pitch, they have a big impact on the sound. Also I was afraid the enveloppe would be limited like on the Manis/BIA but it is in fact very flexible and versatile. Quite the range.

[video][/video]

Ps: Does anyone know what the enveloppe sends become when there is CV in ? Offsets like the other knobs ? Attenuverters ? Thanks !

noise-e
Learning to Wiggle

Post by noise-e » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Tumulishroomaroom wrote: Ps: Does anyone know what the enveloppe sends become when there is CV in ? Offsets like the other knobs ? Attenuverters ? Thanks !
Really enjoying this performance, great to hear the LIP in the wild like this.
Similar to the other parameters, the envelope send amount is a sum of the knob+CV in. The behavior of the sends is similar to a bipolar VCA over the envelope.
--Markus

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:05 am

Thank you ! And thank you for your answer, I was wondering if the cv in was being attenuated but it's just added. Seems like I might need a new attenuator with blikenlights :)

Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:28 am

Two recent LIP-centric jams :

This one into the Tip Top Audio Forbidden Planet :

http://www.instagram.com/p/Bq-dGgShReK/

This one into the Versos Bark Filter Processor; I then sequence the individual bands with a bunch of enveloppes and LFOs.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BrfWNBglrO6/

Incredible how much more of a Loquelic Iteritas the Percido is. It's twice the size the but five times the sound. And I already though the original was pretty much of bottomless pit of crazy good sounds.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”