Cwejman RES-4 individual outputs mod

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

warmtape
Common Wiggler

Post by warmtape » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:22 am

I received the last breakout module from macumbista a couple months back, but have yet to perform the mod. Would anyone in the nyc area be willing to execute the mod for me? I don't trust myself to do this... I will of course pay!

lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lud » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:39 am

Brilliant examples from Timoka here, RESmaster!

NS4W
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by NS4W » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:32 am

listentoaheartbeat wrote:A couple more photos showing the wiring. I had to re-route the wires to the other side of the module so the breakout would fit my case, taking care to not put any leverage on the solder joints that tap the SMD circuit. Scary shit! :eek:

Hats off to Derek for the solder job - I would have crapped my pants doing this, and how he managed to do it so neatly is beyond me. :tu:

I added a cable relief by mounting a zip tie to the plain PCB Wowa adds to the back of his modules, in addition to securing the wires at the power socket. This should keep any leverage away from the solder joints.

Your dropbox pictures are not showing anymore, could you please upload them for the sake of documenting the mod? Thanks :-)

FatRocky
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by FatRocky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 pm

timoka wrote:another patch where res-4 is a chord machine. every channel modulates itself on the frequency to get these soft saw-ish waves.
master level controlled by the doepfer ribbon pressure out, this leads to the falling tones and the channels don't react at the same time to the feedback, quite fun to experiment with.
ph-8 modulates individual levels and noise from rg-6 modulates pan.

[video][/video]
nice one & Interesting mod! just a question : can you get same control with the QMMF-4 as it is ,right? will it sound exactly th
e same?

hemeroscopium
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hemeroscopium » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:33 am

very interested in this as well; please re-upload the mod photos.
An allusion to a place that exists only in our mind, in our senses, that is ever-changing and mutable, but is nonetheless real. It is delimited by the references of the horizon, by the physical limits, defined by light, and it happens in time.

B0bcat
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Cwejman RES-4 individual outputs mod

Post by B0bcat » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:55 pm

Looking for somebody to carry out this mod, as I’m to wimpy to attempt it myself
WTB: Plan B / SubCon Model 15 VCO, Plan B Model 12 VCF, ADDAC 805v1

listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Cwejman RES-4 individual outputs mod

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:19 am

My photos just showed the cable routing on the back of the module. To make it extra secure, I drilled holes in the back plane (second, blank PCB) and secured the wires using zip ties. Cannot find my photos any more, but the only one that really matters is in the first post, it shows the points in the circuit to tap for this mod.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”