MORDAX : DATA - Now available for pre-order

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

xenus_dad
Common Wiggler

Post by xenus_dad » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:53 pm

BaloErets wrote: I would suggest reading up on the Mannequin's site Just Friends page the "word of warning" link. It's my understanding that as along as you plug into JF Run input 1st, and then patch to the other module output, then there is no problem (I've read many that always leave a patch in the Run when not in use as a reminder). Again, I advise you to read on that yourself because I won't be the guy that gave you the wrong advice, but pointed you to the manufacturer's suggestions :tu:

EDIT; here's the link; https://www.whimsicalraps.com/pages/run ... of-warning
Yep! Fully aware of the problem, and trying to diagnose if I have it. Was curious if I could safely see the negative voltage with the Mordax.

I will probably just test with a multimeter to start.

Thanks!

clader
1-Post Wiggler

New batch anytime soon?

Post by clader » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:40 pm

Ordered this on backorder from Perfect Circuit a few months ago, but so far no stock.

Does anyone know if there's a new batch in the works at all, or are these not even being manufactured any more?

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:56 pm

If you are ok with paying 30% more you can get in from Moog: https://www.moogaudio.com/en/mordax-data-eta-march-2017
Icy and melodic braindance/IDM winter track. ❄️

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:03 pm

I think it's the same price - just in canadian dollars. Shipping costs might be a little more.

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Ah! Felt like a Moog thing. :tu:
Icy and melodic braindance/IDM winter track. ❄️

digitalohm
Common Wiggler

Post by digitalohm » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:08 am

has anyone tested, or run into issues with the clock divider mode?

I am trying to send an external clock from the XOR Nerdseq into the Mordax Data and it does not register at all.

I measured a voltage output of 4.74 from the clock output of the nerdseq vs. 5.67 coming out of the Ultra Random Clock out which the Mordax does read as an external clock

I boosted the clock signal with a vca to about 5.23 (hard for me to dial this in exactly...using shaft knobs on the vca) and seems to do the trick.

Per XOR:
Check the Doepfer Eurorack Specs for Clock / Trigger voltages.
Beyond 3 Volt should be treated as 'High' and below 1 Volt should be treated as 'Low'. Between is undefined and can be different with every module.

http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/a100t_e.htm
Last edited by digitalohm on Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BaloErets
Ultra Wiggler

Post by BaloErets » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:20 am

digitalohm wrote:has anyone tested, or run into issues with the clock divider mode?

I am trying to send an external clock from the XOR Nerdseq into the Mordax Data and it does not register at all.

I measured a voltage output of 4.74 from the clock output of the nerdseq vs. 5.67 coming out of the Ultra Random Clock out which the Mordax does read as an external clock

I boosted the clock signal with a vca to about 5.23 (hard for me to dial this in exactly...davies FML) and seems to do the trick.

Per XOR:
Beyond 3 Volt should be treated as 'High' and below 1 Volt should be treated as 'Low'. Between is undefined and can be different with every module.

This would more be an issue w/ the Nerdseq rather than the Data. Mordax is expecting a 0-5v clock as per the manual, which seems to be the standard in Eurorack (despite the total lack of standards :hihi: )

digitalohm
Common Wiggler

Post by digitalohm » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:43 am

BaloErets wrote: This would more be an issue w/ the Nerdseq rather than the Data. Mordax is expecting a 0-5v clock as per the manual, which seems to be the standard in Eurorack (despite the total lack of standards :hihi: )
even with the Doepfer Eurorack Specs for Clock / Trigger voltages, stating something different?

Beyond 3 Volt should be treated as 'High' and below 1 Volt should be treated as 'Low'. Between is undefined and can be different with every module

firestARTer
Common Wiggler

Post by firestARTer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:53 pm

BaloErets wrote:
digitalohm wrote:has anyone tested, or run into issues with the clock divider mode?

I boosted the clock signal with a vca to about 5.23 (hard for me to dial this in exactly...davies FML) and seems to do the trick.

Per XOR:

This would more be an issue w/ the Nerdseq rather than the Data. Mordax is expecting a 0-5v clock as per the manual, which seems to be the standard in Eurorack (despite the total lack of standards :hihi: )
I would say the doepfer manual is a common reference. Also handling a threshold for digital inputs is essential as one can never guarantee exact 5 Volts, cause of component tolerances or cable lengths for example.

So accepting only 0 and 5 Volts asks for problems. I guess it should be simple to update this in the firmware.

digitalohm
Common Wiggler

Post by digitalohm » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 am

any update on whether or not the clock input voltage issue can be fixed via a firmware update?

Cata
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Cata » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:17 pm

These guys have been missing for a while now. Any word on new shipments?

noisewreck
Common Wiggler

Post by noisewreck » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Cata wrote:These guys have been missing for a while now. Any word on new shipments?
Their site states:
"*** NEXT BATCH WILL BE READY FALL 2018 ***"

We're already in fall... so maybe by end of November? :despair:

Utopian
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Utopian » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:12 pm

From twitter:
More DATAs are in the works! Visited the factory in Hillsboro yesterday; they’re running about 3 weeks behind schedule on the soldering, but the boards are looking good. We’re expecting to start shipping this batch out next month.
https://twitter.com/mordaxsystems/statu ... 7586099200

Cata
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Cata » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Utopian wrote:From twitter:
More DATAs are in the works! Visited the factory in Hillsboro yesterday; they’re running about 3 weeks behind schedule on the soldering, but the boards are looking good. We’re expecting to start shipping this batch out next month.
https://twitter.com/mordaxsystems/statu ... 7586099200
Ah OK, awesome

Guess I'll keep savin my pennies then since I really want one of these guys

liquidsn
Learning to Wiggle

Post by liquidsn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:35 pm

Any news yet? New to the game, and DATA would be good to start the learning.

bfessler
Common Wiggler

Post by bfessler » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:20 am

liquidsn wrote:Any news yet? New to the game, and DATA would be good to start the learning.
Very very soon! :hyper:
MORDAX - Modular Synthesis Systems

www.mordax.net

gian77
Learning to Wiggle

Post by gian77 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:24 am

bfessler wrote:Very very soon! :hyper:
Hi,
Is it better to order directly from the Mordax website or from any shop in Europe (actually i'm living in France) ?
If from UE, which one should get stock back first ? :wink:
Thanks
Every next day is modernity ! d[+_+]b

bfessler
Common Wiggler

Post by bfessler » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:31 am

gian77 wrote:
bfessler wrote:Very very soon! :hyper:
Hi,
Is it better to order directly from the Mordax website or from any shop in Europe (actually i'm living in France) ?
If from UE, which one should get stock back first ? :wink:
Thanks
We'll be shipping out the first vendor batches concurrently with opening up orders on the Mordax website, so it should be fairly similar timing either way you go. :tu:
MORDAX - Modular Synthesis Systems

www.mordax.net

batch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batch » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:35 am

Love my Mordax, had it a long time.

Only request is that it would be amazing if you could get a firmware update with a setting to load last state.

Something as simple as “load preset 1/ oscilloscope”

Appreciate it’s a small thing, but would be nice
FS: Erica Synths Hi-Hats D $175, Cymbals $175, Stereo Mixer v2 $100, Intellijel 1U Pedal IO $70, MIDI $110, Rebel Tech Bit Reactor $95

bc3
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bc3 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:40 am

Armstrb wrote:Love my Mordax, had it a long time.

Only request is that it would be amazing if you could get a firmware update with a setting to load last state.

Yes, this would be nice if possible 8-)

mutate
Common Wiggler

Post by mutate » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:02 am

bc3 wrote:
Armstrb wrote:Love my Mordax, had it a long time.

Yes, this would be nice if possible 8-)
Yes please and better metering. I need Levels, VU/peak and volt meter like in O'Tool!!!!!
“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to remove.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

soon_come
Common Wiggler

Post by soon_come » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:49 pm

BaloErets wrote:
dysonant wrote:Not sure if MORDAX is still keeping up on this thread, but I have a minor feature request. Would you be able to lighten up the RED trace a bit? Just add a but more white to it so it has more contrast with the screen? It feels very dark in comparison with the rest of the colors. Or maybe have a high contrast mode?
+1 for that. I now have grown accustomed to using Channel 1, then 3, then 4 and finally Channel 2 if I need a 4th channel because it's hard to read, particularly when compared to the brightness of the other channels.
I thought I was the only one! Yes, please please please fix this, even if it makes the red look a lil more pinkish. It's barely visible next to the other signals.

jwise
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jwise » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:47 pm

Calling Mr Fessler...hello Mr Fessler, you are being summoned for an update on the status of the next firmware update? Your adoring fans are looking for news.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

circuitbent
Learning to Wiggle

Post by circuitbent » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Heads up. Just noticed that these are available to order again, directly from the source at mordax.net as of today!
I checked a few other retailers, and they don't seem to have any stock yet.

sempervirent
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sempervirent » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:12 am

The post at mordax.net about their new panel manufacturing process is worth a read. Very detailed with some nice photos of the assembly. Black panels are available now too. Nice work, Mordax.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”