MORDAX : DATA - Now available for pre-order

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

BlackMarbleFelix
Common Wiggler

Post by BlackMarbleFelix » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:08 pm

Just got data today from control... This thing is amazing I love it. My one feature request is a way to attenuvert the signals coming into the inputs. Seems like it could be done in the menu system? Right now I have WMD quad attenuators dedicated to certain modules like batumi.

pelang
Common Wiggler

Post by pelang » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:21 am

do you know that you can change the voltage settings per channel? (to not clip the waveforms in the display )

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:53 am

I'm gassing for this module hard as I come from a science background. Is it worth it? Have had my rack for 6 months but finding it hard to understand what some functions on my modules do so I think the scope will help with my learning. I had a korg monologue initially while getting into Synths and the onboard scope really helped with the learning process.

Also the xy scope looks so trippy. :guinness:

Are the extra functions e.g. dvco etc. worth while or gimmicky?

Only problem with the module is that it takes up a lot of rack space! I would get an external scope but my studio space is so limited, I only have room for my rack, mixer and digitakt.

BaloErets
Ultra Wiggler

Post by BaloErets » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:09 am

lordymosh wrote:I'm gassing for this module hard as I come from a science background. Is it worth it? Have had my rack for 6 months but finding it hard to understand what some functions on my modules do so I think the scope will help with my learning. I had a korg monologue initially while getting into Synths and the onboard scope really helped with the learning process.

Only problem with the module is that it takes up a lot of rack space! I would get an external scope but my studio space is so limited, I only have room for my rack, mixer and digitakt.
The Oscillators and Clocks are really something to not overlook and are indeed far from gimmicky. I use it primarily as a scope, but it's great to have these extras because it makes the module very useful during those times when you don't need a scope. The only thing I wished was improved on is the voltage monitor. I would love to have a way to zoom in on each channel, and a proper display of the current voltage would really be appreciated.

zerodivide
Common Wiggler

Post by zerodivide » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:25 am

how good is Data as a master clock for a system? Need a clock and scope badly but this could be a good way to get both in 1

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 pm

BaloErets wrote:
lordymosh wrote:I'm gassing for this module hard as I come from a science background. Is it worth it? Have had my rack for 6 months but finding it hard to understand what some functions on my modules do so I think the scope will help with my learning. I had a korg monologue initially while getting into Synths and the onboard scope really helped with the learning process.

The Oscillators and Clocks are really something to not overlook and are indeed far from gimmicky. I use it primarily as a scope, but it's great to have these extras because it makes the module very useful during those times when you don't need a scope. The only thing I wished was improved on is the voltage monitor. I would love to have a way to zoom in on each channel, and a proper display of the current voltage would really be appreciated.
That's good to know. Couldn't keep my GAS in check and ordered one just there. I've been having problems understanding some of my module's functions so this will be a great visual aid!

BaloErets
Ultra Wiggler

Post by BaloErets » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 pm

lordymosh wrote:
BaloErets wrote:

That's good to know. Couldn't keep my GAS in check and ordered one just there. I've been having problems understanding some of my module's functions so this will be a great visual aid!
It is without doubt a great learning tool. Helped me to see when my CV was clipping, as sometimes it's hard to remember what wants 5V or 8v or 10v.

lordymosh
Common Wiggler

Post by lordymosh » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:44 am

Mine arrived in the mail today. Patiently waiting for work to finish.

paranormind
Common Wiggler

Post by paranormind » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:48 am

Yeaah, mine has shipped yesterday, can't wait \o/

Mawkeyz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mawkeyz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:44 am

Fedex delivery scheduled for Monday :hyper:

RetroNice
Learning to Wiggle

Post by RetroNice » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:55 am

at one point, maybe when my system grows a bit more am I have to get one of these

jwise
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jwise » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:18 pm

Those just now receiving their DATA's can someone tell me which version of firmware is shipping on it?

bfessler
Common Wiggler

Post by bfessler » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:15 pm

jwise wrote:Those just now receiving their DATA's can someone tell me which version of firmware is shipping on it?
They're V01.02.02. Yup, the next revision is still in the works... I've been strictly production duties since mid December, and I can't fucking wait to get back to development!!! But when I'm back at it it'll still be a minute til the master goes wide; firmware's not something to rush, once it's done ya gotta test the hell out it, especially as an error getting out could mean many hundreds of broken DATAs, or at least an army of frustrated wigglers and their barrage of emails.
:hit:

Btw, I loved your message from last month, made me laugh "Calling Mr Fessler..." :mrgreen:

Sorry for not responding until now, I'm suuuuuuper backlogged on all my non-mission critical communications. I'm terrible when maximally consumed like this, my responses are often late and random, if at all. At least I still haven't embraced the dark side of email management, al a Alicia White, "don't read 'em, just delete 9 in a row and respond to the 10th, til the inbox is empty". So bad, but so temping...

And general apologies to anyone who's messaged/emailed me and is similarly still waiting for a reply (Hi Raymond! Hi Wes!). Until we finish shipping the current run and get rolling on the next I'll probably still be an intermittent asshat to anyone who isn't repair or shipping related. Just gotta keep on building, testing, and shipping DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY DATAS EVERY DAY
:deadbanana: :deadbanana: :deadbanana: :deadbanana: :deadbanana:
MORDAX - Modular Synthesis Systems

www.mordax.net

JakoGreyshire
Ultra Wiggler

Post by JakoGreyshire » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:23 pm

I F-ing LOVE my DATA!!!.. :love:

I'm super grateful for all your hard work bfessler!!..... :hail: :hail:

I haven't updated mine at all yet... I guess I should do that... :hmm: :hmm:

I just wanted to give a shout out with thanks and praises.... You definitely deserve it!
My YouTuBe Page...
The patch you've created in your brain is more challenging to modify than the patch you have on your modular.

lauprellim
Common Wiggler

Post by lauprellim » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:45 pm

I really would like to get one of these. How long do you think they'll be available for until supply runs out?

gringostar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gringostar » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Would it be possible to have a setting that would allow you to flip the orientation of this so the ins and outs are on top?

I checked the manual and didn't see anything on this.

red
Common Wiggler

Post by red » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:32 am

... I got a tracking number from Mordax!

8-)
red

Plumbstone
Common Wiggler

Post by Plumbstone » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:21 am

BlackMarbleFelix wrote: This thing is amazing I love it.... quad attenuators dedicated to certain modules like batumi.
If you install expert firmware on your Batumi it has attenuation on every channel as well as all the other random goodies....

red
Common Wiggler

Post by red » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:06 am

arrived !

thanks...
what an excellent tool - and fits perfectly in my color scheme!

8-)
red

skitzo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by skitzo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:14 am

Picked up a black Data and I love it. I'd like to see an option that allows it to start up in the last mode so I don't have to click through settings, load and then to the mode I want.

If I'm missing that option somewhere can someone please point me in the right direction :)

ludotex
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ludotex » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 am

red wrote:arrived !

thanks...
what an excellent tool - and fits perfectly in my color scheme!

8-)
I really like that picture, i dunno why :hail:
---
Latest patchings and experiments: https://www.youtube.com/user/plutotex/videos

red
Common Wiggler

Post by red » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:03 am

Thanks!

(...maybe it's the photographer 8-) )
red

bfessler
Common Wiggler

Post by bfessler » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:02 am

skitzo wrote:Picked up a black Data and I love it. I'd like to see an option that allows it to start up in the last mode so I don't have to click through settings, load and then to the mode I want.

If I'm missing that option somewhere can someone please point me in the right direction :)
There will be an "auto-load of a saved system state slot" feature added in the next firmware update, currently in development.

Likely, their will never be an "auto-launch of program" feature though; the DATA will always boot into the main menu.

But with the "auto-load of a saved system state slot" feature added, on startup you'll just have to select the program you want from the main menu, rather than go into settings, load the saved slot, then back to the main menu and launch the program; much fewer steps to get back to your preferred setup after power on.
:tu:
MORDAX - Modular Synthesis Systems

www.mordax.net

skitzo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by skitzo » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:56 am

bfessler wrote:
skitzo wrote:Picked up a black Data and I love it. I'd like to see an option that allows it to start up in the last mode so I don't have to click through settings, load and then to the mode I want.

There will be an "auto-load of a saved system state slot" feature added in the next firmware update, currently in development.

Likely, their will never be an "auto-launch of program" feature though; the DATA will always boot into the main menu.

But with the "auto-load of a saved system state slot" feature added, on startup you'll just have to select the program you want from the main menu, rather than go into settings, load the saved slot, then back to the main menu and launch the program; much fewer steps to get back to your preferred setup after power on.
:tu:
Nice :hyper:

Mawkeyz
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mawkeyz » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:09 pm

I love this Data! I'm sure this is not a trivial request but I would love to see the P-P voltage displayed for each scope channel.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”