New Make Noise powered or unpowered skiff

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

rhythmdial
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rhythmdial » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:03 pm

sensanalog wrote:I have two of these skiffs I received in a trade and am curious if anyone has designed any cheeks or mounting kit to keep them together as one. Anyone in the same boat as me? No pun intended... :hihi:
one of the easiest ways might be to remove the end cheek screws and replace them with longer ones so you can slap a set of ruler sized metal or plastic planks of whatever might look and fit well, to attach them without any other holes or alterations.

morgve
Common Wiggler

Post by morgve » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:26 am

Hey!

I currently own a powered MN skiff... but I'd like to make my setup more compact, with smaller modules and all. As you know, I am limited to 10 modules maximum with this skiff.

My question being: is it ok to just remove the power board and go for a 4ms power row for example? If anyone did that, I'd be curious to know your setup.

I might as well sell it but I'd rather not.

poorness
Ultra Wiggler

Post by poorness » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:14 am

There's no need to do that. You can simply plug a flying bus cable into one of the sockets and create 7 more. Go from 10 to 16 headers for a $12 investment.

http://4mspedals.com/flyingbus-male.php
I am member #22,363

mafgar
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mafgar » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:41 am

Anybody find a lid solution for this? I have 2 MN skiffs bolted together, would love a transportation solution :)

ipnoteca
cane morto

Post by ipnoteca » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:29 pm

mafgar

i did it, i bought in diy shop a very thin aluminium plate, i think less than 1mm, cut 2 small rectangle out of it and screw in place under the side panels.

even if the size of theese 2 piece is small the case is super sturdy!
between the 2 case longer side i put some protection tape just to avoid scratches.

i've blown a fuse...

previously robocoder

YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/ipnoteca
INSTAGRAM http://www.instagram.com/ipnoteca/

J KAY
Wiggling with Experience

Post by J KAY » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:03 am

Does anyone know where to get the 18v power adapter for the skiff ?

I have lost mine :waah:

Edit: I'm in uk
Last edited by J KAY on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ix wrote: its lead sounds will shave the beard of a 60 year old cross dresser at 40 paces .

uebl
Wiggling with Experience

Post by uebl » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:31 am

poorness wrote:There's no need to do that. You can simply plug a flying bus cable into one of the sockets and create 7 more. Go from 10 to 16 headers for a $12 investment.

http://4mspedals.com/flyingbus-male.php
I always wondered whether that would work. Could I, in theory, "use up" all the power via a single connector of the bus board? A tiptop flying bus board would also suffice then, I guess?

http://www.schneidersladen.de/de/4ms-ro ... -male.html

norde
Common Wiggler

Post by norde » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:40 pm

robocoder that is a very cool and clever mod!

spencewilder
Learning to Wiggle

Post by spencewilder » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:33 pm

If I'm trolling around on page 5 of a 2 year old thread, I suppose it's time to get a little tugboat to accompany my main vessel. I've been thinking of taking advantage of all the Phonogenes for sale and making a micro-sound skiff. Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:49 am

yurp. this thread was helpful to read before i bought one.

question - mines seems like 104.9hp. when at 102 i can JUST about get that last 3hp module in. if i unscrewed one of the ends, added SLIGHTLY MORE MODULE THAN RECOMMENDED, then tightened down end would that cause..... problems?
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

ipnoteca
cane morto

Post by ipnoteca » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:26 am

behndy wrote:yurp. this thread was helpful to read before i bought one.

question - mines seems like 104.9hp. when at 102 i can JUST about get that last 3hp module in. if i unscrewed one of the ends, added SLIGHTLY MORE MODULE THAN RECOMMENDED, then tightened down end would that cause..... problems?
been there, done that...

no problem at all, just be careful because the internal screw thread gets worn quite easily...
i've blown a fuse...

previously robocoder

YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/ipnoteca
INSTAGRAM http://www.instagram.com/ipnoteca/

rhythmdial
Veteran Wiggler

Post by rhythmdial » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:34 am

behndy wrote:yurp. this thread was helpful to read before i bought one.

you should put a thin washer or thin scrap of metal to act as a washer on the end caps so you can at least have them tightened to not fall out, also if you tighten the end caps without a spacer in there you may damage a module or face plate by forcing them all into the 104.9HP and that's no fun to smash modules
:deadbanana:

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:23 am

gotcha. will keep a plastic washer handy and be CAREFUL if i try it.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

djangelmonroy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by djangelmonroy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:44 am

Need your help wigglers! Received my powered skiff yesterday but the AC adapter included (I mean the socket ) is not valid to plug it into an European wall plug.

Anyone use this skiff outside US? Do I need just this adapter? Should I take notice to any power or voltage from the adapter?

Thanks guys !!! :miley:

risome
Wiggling with Experience

Post by risome » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Thats odd i would have thought it would
have shipped with universal connectors.
Have you contacted support at Make Noise?
They are very good :miley:

bedhed3000
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bedhed3000 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Has anyone tried using the Kosmo stand with this case?
http://cremacaffedesign.com/project/kosmo/

I tried it with my Spike stand, but it was pretty wobbly. The skiff is on the list of compatible devices, but I'm afraid it will be too unstable while patching cables on either side of the case.

uebl
Wiggling with Experience

Post by uebl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:17 am

bedhed3000 wrote:Has anyone tried using the Kosmo stand with this case?
http://cremacaffedesign.com/project/kosmo/

I tried it with my Spike stand, but it was pretty wobbly. The skiff is on the list of compatible devices, but I'm afraid it will be too unstable while patching cables on either side of the case.
Yes, I asked them to recommend me one of their stands for the MN skiff a while ago and they recommended me 2 Spike stands, iirc.

richc90
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by richc90 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:58 am

djangelmonroy wrote:Anyone use this skiff outside US? Do I need just this adapter? Should I take notice to any power or voltage from the adapter?
I used one of these power cords.

bedhed3000
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bedhed3000 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:36 pm

uebl wrote:Yes, I asked them to recommend me one of their stands for the MN skiff a while ago and they recommended me 2 Spike stands, iirc.
Glad I asked. Kosmo and Spike are the same width, so they probably mean for you to put both Kosmos next to each other. I don't love that idea.

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:43 pm

makenoise wrote: Image
I don't typically like wood enclosure or ends, but how clean this looks has me wanting to change my mind. I don't see the original Goike version but this one already looked great, his must of been magnificent.

2d

KaOsphere
Wiggling with Experience

Post by KaOsphere » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Made this stand for a few bucks.

Works like a charm.

I should have made them earlier.

Sig !

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Anyone figure out a solid way to transport these skiffs patched up? I really like the slim look, but without a lid i'm not too keen on just using a gig bag. I've been looking around and hard cases of the right size are few and far between

DallasKnight
Common Wiggler

Post by DallasKnight » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:55 am

makenoise wrote:
Matos wrote:
shreeswifty wrote:

Does anyone know of anybody or company making and selling skifs this shallow in the UK? doesn't need to be that shallow but just smaller than the Make Noise one's you can buy

Just looking for a small skiff 60-84hp which takes up as little room as possible

damase
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by damase » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:17 pm

damase wrote:Anyone figure out a solid way to transport these skiffs patched up? I really like the slim look, but without a lid i'm not too keen on just using a gig bag. I've been looking around and hard cases of the right size are few and far between
No good solutions? I was wondering about retro fitting a violin case or shotgun case to fit the skiff in sideways(allowing room for pre-patch). Like one of these...

Seems like it would be better protection than the theremin case which looks more like a bag. Shame no one makes a case like these with just the skiff rectangle built out in the middle rather than a violin shape. The extra $300 for an Elite skiff seems steep when I like the look of the MN skiff, but then again it may be worth it if it relieves the travel-protection headache. Difficult decision there...

desolationjones
Wiggling with Experience

Post by desolationjones » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:55 pm

damase wrote:
damase wrote:Anyone figure out a solid way to transport these skiffs patched up? I really like the slim look, but without a lid i'm not too keen on just using a gig bag. I've been looking around and hard cases of the right size are few and far between
No good solutions? I was wondering about retro fitting a violin case or shotgun case to fit the skiff in sideways(allowing room for pre-patch). Like one of these...

Seems like it would be better protection than the theremin case which looks more like a bag. Shame no one makes a case like these with just the skiff rectangle built out in the middle rather than a violin shape. The extra $300 for an Elite skiff seems steep when I like the look of the MN skiff, but then again it may be worth it if it relieves the travel-protection headache. Difficult decision there...
How about a saxophone case?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”