Crowminius in Euro

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:13 pm

The initial batch of 25 will be exclusive to my web site (cs80.com). Subsequent batches will have a number of storefronts offering them.

I estimate the prices to be US$450 for (osc) module A and US$350~400 for (filt/env/amp) module B. I'll know more as I actually get them made.
nickster wrote:These look really good. Fantastic work you have done bringing these into life. :banana: How do you plan to sell these? Through your web shop or through distribution, or both? One last thing any idea of the price yet?

phutureboy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by phutureboy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:02 pm

oldcrow wrote:I am estimating US$450 for Module A and US$350~$400 for module B.
Any estimate for the crOwBX Euro module ?
FS: EXPERT SLEEPERS ES-5 | EMS Analyse Filterbank B1-II | EMS AKS | RSF Expander I & II | PEARL Syncussion SY-1

jdkee
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jdkee » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Looks and sounds great. Put me down for one.

:party: :party: :party:

clusterchord
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by clusterchord » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:48 am

phutureboy wrote:
oldcrow wrote:I am estimating US$450 for Module A and US$350~$400 for module B.
Any estimate for the crOwBX Euro module ?
i'm interested in price and availability date of crowOBX euro too, just ballpark ?

i like the sound of Crowminiuus, but do have one critique.. the positioning of those knobs with blue davies is the tightest of any euro module i have seen. it will be impossible to turn them fully in performance, only bit by bit to avoid accidentaly turning others. not overly ergonomic panel setup i have to notice.

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:08 am

Happy New Year folks! I have decided to go ahead and open a pre-order on the Crowminius Euro module set, see http://cs80-com.myshopify.com/products/ ... -pre-order

for details. --Crow
/**/

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:34 am

Crowbx Euro should be around US$700.00

Yes, I knew on the crowminius euro the control spacing would not be ergonomic. I am working on a larger format (5U/MU) host board which is the only real solution as in euro I didn't want to use more than 60HP. More on that elsewhere when it is ready. :sb:
clusterchord wrote:
i'm interested in price and availability date of crowOBX euro too, just ballpark ?

i like the sound of Crowminiuus, but do have one critique.. the positioning of those knobs with blue davies is the tightest of any euro module i have seen. it will be impossible to turn them fully in performance, only bit by bit to avoid accidentaly turning others. not overly ergonomic panel setup i have to notice.

clusterchord
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by clusterchord » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:31 pm

oldcrow wrote:Crowbx Euro should be around US$700.00

Yes, I knew on the crowminius euro the control spacing would not be ergonomic. I am working on a larger format (5U/MU) host board which is the only real solution as in euro I didn't want to use more than 60HP. More on that elsewhere when it is ready. :sb:
wow that's great news, think 5U is natural habitat for any incarnation of the holy moogness :hihi:

i presume you are shooting for it to be shallow enough to fit their BOX11 series of desktop cases. and with the recent introduction of the new BOX series with keyboard, pitchbend/wheels etc, if someone wants to make a standalone keyboard synth out of Crowminius - practically all elements are there :tu:

PS that is a great price for CrowBX euro. can't wait to see how it looks.

phutureboy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by phutureboy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:53 pm

oldcrow wrote:I have decided to go ahead and open a pre-order on the Crowminius Euro module set, see http://cs80-com.myshopify.com/products/ ... -pre-order
Great news for the Crowminius Euro module yet didn't you say Crowbx would be first ?
FS: EXPERT SLEEPERS ES-5 | EMS Analyse Filterbank B1-II | EMS AKS | RSF Expander I & II | PEARL Syncussion SY-1

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:54 pm

Unfortunately my Crowminius module B (filter/EG/amp) was stolen from a vehicle during NAMM. If anyone sees it in the wild, please let me know. There is only the one module B at the moment. Module A and the crOwBX units are safe. Module B is the easiest to build again, at least. :deadbanana:

For reference, it looks like this:

aquatarkus
Common Wiggler

Post by aquatarkus » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:53 pm

What a POS.

Hope it went well at NAMM for you otherwise...

nidas
Common Wiggler

Post by nidas » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:45 am

I have pre-ordered the Eurorack Mini - looks awesome by the way. Will have a good shoot out agains my old model D from 1973.. If you have made as good clone as the CrowBX this will be kick-ass!

Any info of when to expect shipping

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:20 pm

I will be doing the factory assembly of the module A and module B voice boards in early March, along with a batch of desktop crowminius boards. The host boards for modules A and B I currenly have to hand-build, so once the voice cards are done, I will be focusing on those. I am estimating sometime in April for everything, my personal deadline is AMHW 2016. :sb: :sb:
nidas wrote:I have pre-ordered the Eurorack Mini - looks awesome by the way. Will have a good shoot out agains my old model D from 1973.. If you have made as good clone as the CrowBX this will be kick-ass!

phutureboy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by phutureboy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:13 am

oldcrow wrote:my personal deadline is AMHW 2016. :sb: :sb:
Any chance the CrOwBX euro is also available by then ?

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:18 am

Some Crowminius tinkering in the Carlos style. Scarlatti's sonata in G (k.455) using two Crowminius machines.

Scarlatti Sonata in G, k.455

nidas
Common Wiggler

Post by nidas » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:40 am

oldcrow wrote:I will be doing the factory assembly of the module A and module B voice boards in early March, along with a batch of desktop crowminius boards. The host boards for modules A and B I currenly have to hand-build, so once the voice cards are done, I will be focusing on those. I am estimating sometime in April for everything, my personal deadline is AMHW 2016. :sb: :sb:
nidas wrote:I have pre-ordered the Eurorack Mini - looks awesome by the way. Will have a good shoot out agains my old model D from 1973.. If you have made as good clone as the CrowBX this will be kick-ass!

Any news on when you have the finished modules ready for shipping for the ones who pre-ordered?

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:39 pm

I am working on module B units now. Still a ways out as I am trying to get the in-house pick&place running.

[/quote]

Any news on when you have the finished modules ready for shipping for the ones who pre-ordered?[/quote]

stringsthings
Common Wiggler

Post by stringsthings » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi Crow,

I have a question on the Crowminius forum about Rev 1.1.3.

Can you check this when you get time?

Thanks

viewtopic.php?p=2211408&highlight=#2211408

nidas
Common Wiggler

Post by nidas » Sun May 08, 2016 3:52 am

oldcrow wrote:I am working on module B units now. Still a ways out as I am trying to get the in-house pick&place running.
Any news on when I can expect delivey of the crowminius.

Cheers

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Mon May 09, 2016 5:08 pm

The B module is done. Working on module A. FYI, email me oldcrow@oldcrows.net for faster response as MW does not always notify me of a new post. --Crow

/**/
nidas wrote:
oldcrow wrote:I am working on module B units now. Still a ways out as I am trying to get the in-house pick&place running.
Any news on when I can expect delivey of the crowminius.

Cheers

mnml
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mnml » Sat May 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Crow: I take it that the euro crowminius is SM only, and will be a finished item only and not DIY?

Hats off to this amazing effort.

Faustgeist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Faustgeist » Thu May 19, 2016 8:34 am

Howdy Crow,

I am supporting your kickstarter and am very excited for your build(s)!

I believe you mentioned the 5u version might become part of the kickstarter process, how about the eurorack version?

I feel you would have even more folks jumping on board. Hell, I hope to get the Crowminius in all three formats. :bananaguitar:

Does one add their name to a eurorack list on this forum? PS: Ill be emailing you as well.

Best regards,
~Robin
Trying to build up my 5U COTK/MOTM, send me a message if you are selling gear and thanks!

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oldcrow » Sun May 22, 2016 3:41 am

I have worked out the 5U and euro builds as tier rewards. These will be made after the initial suitcase version. The materials for small-quantity panel/enclosure runs are not as low as I'd like. :deadbanana:
Faustgeist wrote:Howdy Crow,

I am supporting your kickstarter and am very excited for your build(s)!

I believe you mentioned the 5u version might become part of the kickstarter process, how about the eurorack version?

I feel you would have even more folks jumping on board. Hell, I hope to get the Crowminius in all three formats. :bananaguitar:

Does one add their name to a eurorack list on this forum? PS: Ill be emailing you as well.

Best regards,
~Robin

Faustgeist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Faustgeist » Mon May 23, 2016 8:44 am

Hi Crow!

I have changed my pledge on kickstarter and have a question.

I am now going for the 5u standalone version.

"This 5U desktop version will include built-in MIDI as well as patchable inputs and outputs for various audio signals and control voltages."

With the midi and power 'built in' - Am I able to take the two 5u panels and add them to my larger dotcom system as I would any movable module? It's okay to me if the midi is not a panel but wired to the stand alone case.

I just want to make sure I am flexible as possible.

As well, there are two threads for your great synth - I hope it's okay to discuss the 5u in this 'eurorack' discussion :)

Best regards,
~Robin
Trying to build up my 5U COTK/MOTM, send me a message if you are selling gear and thanks!

oldcrow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Crowminius kickstarter is back!

Post by oldcrow » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:28 pm

Heya folks,

I've re-launched the kickstarter, which now includes eurorack module options:

Cheers,

Crow
/**/

Faustgeist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Faustgeist » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:58 pm

Alright, I am back on board for a 5U set up. Thanks Crow!

~Robin

Return to “Eurorack Modules”