Retail orgone accumulator.

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Neutron7
Oldschool bleeper

Re: Retail orgone accumulator.

Post by Neutron7 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:08 pm

Glad to see people are still enjoying the Orgone (even if not the name!) Some who have had trouble with it starting with certain PSUs, this is a known problem with teensys, the slow rise time prevents them from booting.

the proper way to fix it involves some hacking about which most people probably prefer not to do, there needs to be a “supervisor” IC connected to the reset, but the reset is nota pin on the teensy, it is a tiny solder pad on the bottom.if you know the micro ornament and crime, I added that on later versions, but the orgone is almost end of life so its not really worth doing a new version. ill create a guide to fix it and put it on the github, maybe a little pcb!

There will be an orgone 4, based on teensy 4. think of it like mutable frames, but instead of inserting vca keyframes, you can insert an oscillator anywhere across the scan position, and you can insert any effect anywhere else you like.

meanwhile there is “dust of time” but it has a screen. I have tried to make it easy to understand, but it is complex and might be a bit menu-ey for some.

vasculator
Veteran Wiggler

Post by vasculator » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:11 pm

i just realized it was 6 years ago that i build my orgone. i like the simple interface and the sound holds up to anything else in my case (some 2-3x the cost). i patch it all the time and would definitely be interested in a new version.
SysEx Dumpster podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage

eef
Cardiganed Beardy

Post by eef » Tue May 05, 2020 12:52 pm

If it was my comment about the name you are responding to hope I did not offend you!

Strangely enough your note about the PSU and booting is a problem I am seeing, so I am looking forward to your fix. I have been pulling it out of the case and poking at the wires, which does fix it, but I suspect that what really happens is that the second time I power it up it gets going faster for some reason. I need to test that theory ...

There was a question about the patch I used It was really just an LFO into every place one can sensibly go, I use the PWM out into the synch in on the E340 to keep them in tune with each other, and a DIY CGS Tube VCA to mix them. The trick is getting the effects and the rest of the settings right, because there is a world of possibilities there, but I am not one to document patches, so the exact settings are lost ...

Neutron7 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:08 pm
Glad to see people are still enjoying the Orgone (even if not the name!) Some who have had trouble with it starting with certain PSUs, this is a known problem with teensys, the slow rise time prevents them from booting.

the proper way to fix it involves some hacking about which most people probably prefer not to do, there needs to be a “supervisor” IC connected to the reset, but the reset is nota pin on the teensy, it is a tiny solder pad on the bottom.if you know the micro ornament and crime, I added that on later versions, but the orgone is almost end of life so its not really worth doing a new version. ill create a guide to fix it and put it on the github, maybe a little pcb!

There will be an orgone 4, based on teensy 4. think of it like mutable frames, but instead of inserting vca keyframes, you can insert an oscillator anywhere across the scan position, and you can insert any effect anywhere else you like.

meanwhile there is “dust of time” but it has a screen. I have tried to make it easy to understand, but it is complex and might be a bit menu-ey for some.

Prunesquallor
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Prunesquallor » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:44 am

Neutron7 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:08 pm
There will be an orgone 4, based on teensy 4.
:party: I'm hoping there will be a DIY option!
If at first you don't succeed read the instruction manual.

BizzyP
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BizzyP » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:11 pm

I believe the LEDs under A B and C change both depending on their selection (with Scan knob or CV) and whether they are Effect-enabled. With no Effect on Scan A to B to C, either off or green. Turn an Effect on one (like B) and its orange to red shows it's being selected with effect.
Right? :guinness:

ddoyen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ddoyen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:24 am

I love my Orgone. Really underrated I would say.
Only thing that was always puzzling to me is the fairly small range on the pitch knob compared to pretty much every other osc I've ever owned.

Neutron7
Oldschool bleeper

Post by Neutron7 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:03 pm

ddoyen wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:24 am
I love my Orgone. Really underrated I would say.
Only thing that was always puzzling to me is the fairly small range on the pitch knob compared to pretty much every other osc I've ever owned.
I did that because i wanted to be able to resolve semitones but not make the pot too fiddly to use, use the v/oct input for more range!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”