Retail orgone accumulator.

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

wirelesswine
Wiggling with Experience

Post by wirelesswine » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Control in Brooklyn has them up on pre-orders but no link to pay yet - I think they arrive this week - or so I have heard ;)

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:44 pm

First UK stock just arrived here if anyone's after one :party:

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Cant wait till mine arrives - will sit proudly net my DiY one but this is quite a stet-up. There is just so much goodness - you should hear some of Nuetron7's demos!

Spectacular sound-source. Even Wowa Cwejman said so which is pretty good for a module lile this (meaning about as far along the spectrum from cwejman modules as one could get)
look up!

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:16 am

Dogma wrote:Cant wait till mine arrives - will sit proudly net my DiY one but this is quite a stet-up. There is just so much goodness - you should hear some of Nuetron7's demos!

Spectacular sound-source. Even Wowa Cwejman said so which is pretty good for a module lile this (meaning about as far along the spectrum from cwejman modules as one could get)
ace - glad to hear it got Wowa's seal of approval!

x2mirko
Veteran Wiggler

Post by x2mirko » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:22 pm

I received mine today (btw thanks matt for the quick shipping :party: ) and it's awesome so far! The effects and modes are a bit confusing, but i've wrapped my head around most of the functions already and it's a lot of fun.

However, I have a weird bug-report to make: The module doesn't do anything when plugged into one of my cases (i.e. no LEDs light up, no sound, nothing), but works fine in the other. I recreated both cases in modular grid. Here they are:

Case A: Doepfer LC9 with PSU2. The orgone accumulator works in this configuration.

Case B: Doepfer LC9 with PSU3. The Orgone Accumulator does not work in this configuration.

Both configurations aren't even close to the maximum power draw. In fact, it works in the case with the lower spec PSU and more amps drawn.

I had planned to put it into the case where it doesn't work, but it's not a big deal for me. I'm just wondering what possible reason there could be for this. :despair:

Studio-ES
Common Wiggler

Post by Studio-ES » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:57 am

That is weird.

Did you also test it in the bottom (empty) row of the LC9 w/ PSU3?

Shouldn't make a difference, PSU3 should provide more than enough power, but am curious.

x2mirko
Veteran Wiggler

Post by x2mirko » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:27 am

Studio-ES wrote:That is weird.

Shouldn't make a difference, PSU3 should provide more than enough power, but am curious.
Yes i did, didn't work either. Neutron suggested trying a different cable, but that didn't change anything, either. I switched cables with my shapeshifter, shapeshifter works with either cable in the PSU3-case on either busboard, orgone doesn't. Certainly rather weird. Only thing i can think of is that there's something wrong with my psu3 and that the orgone reacts particularly sensitive to that (whatever it may be). I've shuffled quite a few modules around since yesterday (to accomodate the orgone in the other case) and none of the other modules seem to mind either case.

Or there's just more orgones being emitted by the PSU2 :goo:

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:39 am

hmm... most odd

Just tried another stock unit in several different cases, and it works in all of them. I don't have a PSU3 to test it with though, but I'm not sure why that would react any differently.

I put Neutron Sound onto you last night when I saw the post,but it sounds like he's already gone through a few options.

Another thing I'd try is to disconnect all other modules from the PSU3 busboards, then try the Orgone on its own. If it works, then try adding each module one at a time to see if it's a combination that's throwing it off

:despair:

Neutron7
Oldschool bleeper

Post by Neutron7 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:04 pm

Ken from Fluxwithit made a nice video at NAMM

[video][/video][/video]

msun
Common Wiggler

Post by msun » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:55 pm

Just got this and am getting started. I must say it's super unique.

Neutron7
Oldschool bleeper

Post by Neutron7 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:34 am

"official" video from WMD who manufacture the retail version.

[video][/video]

a773
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by a773 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:20 am

x2mirko wrote: Case A: Doepfer LC9 with PSU2. The orgone accumulator works in this configuration.

Case B: Doepfer LC9 with PSU3. The Orgone Accumulator does not work in this configuration.
IIRC the PSU3 supplies 5V and the PSU2 doesn't? Maybe move other 5V modules (If you have any, cant see your modular grid links) between cases to test. The DIY OA leaves the builder with the option of having 5V drawn internally from 12V, not sure how this is handled in the retail version...

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:17 am

SOunds amazing! itll pair very nicely with the Noise Engineering modules - Bi and Li :)
:yay: :yay:
look up!

deStrict
Common Wiggler

Post by deStrict » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Is there an update ? I just saw a post about that....
Groove is my bitch

Neutron7
Oldschool bleeper

Post by Neutron7 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Yes it has been out for a while now, you can get it from several web shops, and if your local shop sells WMD, they can order one for you.

Jondue
Common Wiggler

Post by Jondue » Wed May 11, 2016 11:41 am

I've noticed that there is a significant drop in volume when I go into drum mode. It's not terrible, but I do have to lower the volume on pretty much everything else that's going on just so OA's drums don't get lost. Just wondering if this is normal behavior or not.

Neutron7
Oldschool bleeper

Post by Neutron7 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:01 pm

the drum effect has an envelope that is usually very short, it is also "exponential-ish" the top of the attack is the same level as the normal output, but the early decay is very fast. to make it louder it would have to have the attack clipped, which i did not want to do, you can add it later with a compressor, distortion etc, but not take it away!

you can get a bit more apparent level with the "body" button, which is the effect select under wave select b. it holds the signal at maximum for a few cycles before the decay starts.

edit: I did just double check on the ocilloscope. the drum peaks at the same level as the normal stready wave.
Last edited by Neutron7 on Wed May 11, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jondue
Common Wiggler

Post by Jondue » Wed May 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Neutron7 wrote:you can get a bit more apparent level with the "body" button, which is the effect select under wave select b. it holds the signal at maximum for a few cycles before the decay starts.
Ok cool, just checking to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks for the tip 8-)

p@@@nts
Common Wiggler

Post by p@@@nts » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:50 pm

x2mirko wrote:
Studio-ES wrote:That is weird.

Yes i did, didn't work either. Neutron suggested trying a different cable, but that didn't change anything, either. I switched cables with my shapeshifter, shapeshifter works with either cable in the PSU3-case on either busboard, orgone doesn't. Certainly rather weird. Only thing i can think of is that there's something wrong with my psu3 and that the orgone reacts particularly sensitive to that (whatever it may be). I've shuffled quite a few modules around since yesterday (to accomodate the orgone in the other case) and none of the other modules seem to mind either case.

Or there's just more orgones being emitted by the PSU2 :goo:
Ack! I was planning on getting this for my psu3 lc9 case!!

Did you ever get it working in your psu3 case?

Anyone else know the scoop on this?

KoryB
Common Wiggler

Post by KoryB » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:20 pm

!!!!!!!

HIMA
Ultra Wiggler

Post by HIMA » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:21 pm

Works in my P9 withe PSU3, no issue.

BTW,
KoryB wrote:!!!!!!!
Anyone else notice a rash of idiotic posts by people rushing to 100?
The Book of Bad Ideas - A compendium of knowledge from Muffs. Download it here: http://bit.ly/1oz2zaI

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:25 pm

HIMA wrote:Works in my P9 withe PSU3, no issue.

BTW,
KoryB wrote:!!!!!!!
Anyone else notice a rash of idiotic posts by people rushing to 100?

First thing i thought "nearly there buddy!"

OA has worked in multiple cases without problems here....i use it more and more and more - thinking about another just for drum mode!
look up!

p@@@nts
Common Wiggler

Post by p@@@nts » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Awesome, thanks for the responses!

I'm thinking about picking up this and a Loquelic Iteritas- would these two be too similar?

nevetsokyeron
Wiggling with Experience

Post by nevetsokyeron » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Who in the US stocks just the PCB for the Orgone Accumulator?

Outtatune
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Outtatune » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:59 pm

nevetsokyeron wrote:Who in the US stocks just the PCB for the Orgone Accumulator?
You can order direct from the man himself: http://neutron-sound.com/noa.html

Bottom of the page is the purchase links.

(He is just north of the US I think)
"9U is the new guitar pedal"
Current Main Rig

Return to “Eurorack Modules”