Retail orgone accumulator.

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

NeonCore
Common Wiggler

Post by NeonCore » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:07 pm

Had mine for a week now and absolutely loving it.. Wish it had separate effects for each wave but beggars can't be choosers. So in love with this osc!

nevetsokyeron
Wiggling with Experience

Post by nevetsokyeron » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:45 pm

Outtatune wrote:
nevetsokyeron wrote:Who in the US stocks just the PCB for the Orgone Accumulator?
You can order direct from the man himself: http://neutron-sound.com/noa.html

Bottom of the page is the purchase links.

(He is just north of the US I think)
Aha! I didn't scroll all the way to the bottom. Thanks!

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:18 am

seems like a versatile module.
how can i load own wavetables into the module?
in which format?
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

Carefully crafted dj set meandering between deep house, minimal and electro.

a773
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by a773 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:56 pm

After resding throught this thread, I simply have to give the 2.0 firmware another chance in my DIY OA. Lot's of stuff to digest :party:

tthogs
Common Wiggler

Post by tthogs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:04 pm

slumberjack wrote:seems like a versatile module.
in which format?
I would also VERY much like to know how to load different wavetables into the OA.

midiguru
Wiggling with Experience

Post by midiguru » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:52 am

Thanks for the link! I couldn't find anything on the Neutron site but the DIY manual, which is a bit confusing since I have the retail version.

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:34 pm

I just picked up the retail version. Couple questions:

How many actual wavetables are in this? Seems like 15 to me

Do the Waves A , B and C Select different waves or just positions of the same wave.

What does it mean when the light is green vs red under the A , B C knobs?

Thanks,
Dan

Jondue
Common Wiggler

Post by Jondue » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:25 pm

A, B and C refer to banks of waves. The LEDs beneath each bank knob indicate which bank(s) you are currently hearing (I believe green is the "active" bank color but I can't be sure since it's not right in front of me at the moment).

Not sure how many waves there are total, more than 15 though :hihi:

DivKid's vids on the Orgone are highly informative, I recommend watching both of them, one for the DIY version and another for the retail. And the manual is pretty helpful too :razz:
Last edited by Jondue on Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

REwire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by REwire » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks, I've read the manual and I'll rewatch that video now that I have it (DivKids video was the seller for me).

The manual gives no list of how many waves or names or how many banks there are.

Filternauts
Common Wiggler

Post by Filternauts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:15 pm

I got a retail OA today...

After rearranging module accross 4 cases and 30Us, I finally got this awesome beast to work in a BLM case...wtf?

It did not work in my LC PSU 2 or 3s

FYI...

:hmm:
Check out my eurorack themed Instagram

https://instagram.com/marcmedina303/

glitched01
Wiggling with Experience

Post by glitched01 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:21 pm

in which format?
No, not without some programming hardware.
Having delved deeply into the process with the DIY version (read here: http://synth.glitched.org/), I've come to the conclusion that it's not really worth it in the end, anyway. The stock waves are darn good; there's only so much sonic-variety in a single-cycle wave.

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:57 pm

glitched01 wrote:
in which format?
No, not without some programming hardware.
Having delved deeply into the process with the DIY version (read here: http://synth.glitched.org/), I've come to the conclusion that it's not really worth it in the end, anyway. The stock waves are darn good; there's only so much sonic-variety in a single-cycle wave.
thanks for your proper answer. in that case i'll look after other modules to work my project with my own wavetables further.
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

Carefully crafted dj set meandering between deep house, minimal and electro.

morgve
Common Wiggler

Post by morgve » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:56 am

Anyone having issues with the DIY version? Mine is stuck with all LEDs on, unresponsive, and doesn't generate any sound.

I read that some people had issues with the PSU3 - which powers my case - so I hope it's not that. Can't wait to be able to use this osc, so cool!

jonkull
Lowest Common Denominator Patcher

Post by jonkull » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:07 pm

It may be the same problem I had with mine (lights on, unresponsive, no sound, etc.). Look at Appendix C in the DIY build manual.
Appendix C: murphy boot failure!
Some experienced a problem with the teensy not booting on first power up. It seems that it can be fixed by putting a 10u capacitor on the output of the regulator.
On a new build I recommend replacing the bypass capacitor b9 with a 10u electrolytic (positive facing the bottom of the board where the jacks are)
to retrofit an existing board, there are 2 unused holes/pads right next to r55, either of which can be used for the positive lead, and the negative lead can be soldered to the nearby potentiometer tab.
If only someone would invent a synth that would allow the end user to determine the functionality. You could pick which functions were important to you in 'modules'. A 'modular', if you will. - Stretta

morgve
Common Wiggler

Post by morgve » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks man, I'll have a look.

jwise
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jwise » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:09 pm

I was just reading the DIY and retail versions could be overclocked, but that requires the Teensy to be updated, problem is that the retail version doesn't have a Teensy. Does anyone know which version of firmware the retail version is running and if there are any updates?

Tonefloat01
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Tonefloat01 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:26 pm

If anyone is thinking about getting this module I thought that I’d share a great experience with my Orgone Accumulator when today I was running it with the “spectral” effect and moving the MODulation knob then running out into MI Clouds modulated by a slow sine wave out of the Octasource then into Valhalla reverb from a Z-DSP. each oscillator (there are 3) were on different wave shapes and I was slowly mixing their waveforms and the overall mix (A-B-C) which gave my awesome Eno-esque evolving washes. To be honest I hadn’t used the spectral effect (or the drum mode..) yet but man it made this module come to life for me. To my fellow Orgone Accumulator owners, do yourself a favor and use this mode, it is worth it. :guinness:

Forgot that I also had my Sapel sending Blue noise out into the Clouds V/OCT input as well. :bang:
The space you occupy determines the time that you live in.

VibratingMotorGate
Learning to Wiggle

Post by VibratingMotorGate » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:51 pm

Am I correct in assuming that this is similar in architecture to the Buchla 259e in that it is an analogue (DCO?) oscillator going through a digital wave shaper?

solipsvs
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Retail orgone accumulator.

Post by solipsvs » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:30 pm

holy shit i love this module!!! need more modulation... must animate this beauty... so harsh yet deep and pure, much variety. i may get another used one i like it so much! i know im late to the party :party:

ChromaStatic
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ChromaStatic » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:44 pm

Likewise checking this out late to the game... looking around at the many interesting wavetable-based modules available these days, came across this on special at Analogue Haven. The demo videos and sounds online seem pretty juicy and there seems to be so much variety for sculpting sounds here.

Are folks still using this and happy with it or moved on to other things?
Electronica:
www.aetherchroma.com

Sound-art, Installation and Sculpture:
www.derekhoffend.com

a773
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by a773 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:55 pm

I have a diy, still on 1.x firmware, love and use it quite a lot... :party:

smithjohn
Common Wiggler

Post by smithjohn » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:36 am

The Orgone is definitely still fantastic. With a sequencer it's easy to get a kick and a snare in drum mode by sequencing the position and pitch.

I've had so much fun with the drum mode that haven't actually even explored the other modes too much. Pairs well with an Optodist for some additional grit/punch.

eef
Cardiganed Beardy

Post by eef » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:14 pm

:mygod:

I guess I should say a little more? I have a DIY OA from quite some time ago, and just got back into playing with it. I was so excited about the programmability of it that I actually went and connected a USB adapter to the back of the case it is in so I could write my own code and easily load it in. That did not happen though because the firmware provided is incredibly deep, and fun, and makes a huge variety of sounds. Oh, and also that while I have worked as an embedded systems programmer, I know very little about DSP coding ...

It really likes having lots of LFOs to drive it, and I feel a bit guilty about reducing my Wiard system to utility duty, but like the good Midwesterner it is, the Wiard does its work with no complaints (Grant Richter is from Wisconsin, you see).

Here is a short sample of what I came up with a few days ago:
https://soundcloud.com/robert-efroymson/dronejam

That one sounds a bit like whale song, I've also gotten talking, or at least quasi-phoneme behaviour, and more recently electric guitar, with some help from the E340 Cloud generator.

By the way on that last, I noticed that the E340 has been discontinued and the replacement unites it with an improved Morphing Terrarium, and I was thinking about upgrading to the E352, which looks amazing, but I checked here to see what Wavetable Oscillators people like, and was reminded that I already have one ... the OA! So here we are.

bommelito
Common Wiggler

Post by bommelito » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:36 pm

That's great, really!

Care to give us some details about your patch?

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:31 pm

recently picked one of these up, first patch/demo track i made.
Orgone Accumulator is the only sound source used in this patch.
Recorded in four passes for four voices/tracks.
one voice running through Knas Moisturizer spring reverb
one voice running through Happy Nerding FX Aid
other two recorded dry.
no filters or external vcas used
im really liking the sound of this module so far!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”