The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

ATW
Common Wiggler

Re: The Official Eurorack Deals Discussion Thread

Post by ATW » Sat May 16, 2020 8:04 pm

40% off of WMD Aperture and MultiMode Envelope modules while supplies last: https://wmdevices.com/collections/blowout-sale

ATW
Common Wiggler

Post by ATW » Thu May 21, 2020 12:02 pm

15% off Memorial day sale @ Reverb, including keyboards/synths/eurorack.

StickyC
Learning to Wiggle

Post by StickyC » Thu May 21, 2020 12:15 pm

I got an email that SynthCube is also having a memorial weekend sale - MEM20 for 20% off.

winn3r
Common Wiggler

Post by winn3r » Thu May 21, 2020 9:20 pm

ATW wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:02 pm
Some bigger shops raise their prices before applying these discounts.. to the point where the "regular price" for some used listings are higher than buying new!
Preamp collector

:rocket: WTB Moog Model 15 reissue

propertyof
Wiggling with Experience

Post by propertyof » Thu May 21, 2020 10:07 pm

winn3r wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:20 pm
ATW wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:02 pm
Some bigger shops raise their prices before applying these discounts.. to the point where the "regular price" for some used listings are higher than buying new!
That’s classic shitty move. Could you share which stores did it so we can avoid it?

mkasthe
Common Wiggler

Post by mkasthe » Sun May 24, 2020 8:11 am

Analogue Haven has 12% off until June 8, just need to add item to cart to see updated pricing.

http://www.analoguehaven.com/
Made in Italy and exported to NYC
Instagram: The Analog Kid

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:27 pm

Just would like to point out that with nearly every store always giving 10% off buying a module used for 20% off msrp and then paying 3% buyer fees
Your actually saving only 8-9% buying used

For a seller it’s great
For a buyer not so much until you you get into the 300+$ range
Which is becoming more common as the average price of modules has become 350-500+
WTB:, MA35 filter. -Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:

scragz
Common Wiggler

Post by scragz » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:52 pm

Severed head wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:27 pm
Just would like to point out that with nearly every store always giving 10% off buying a module used for 20% off msrp and then paying 3% buyer fees
Most domestic retailers you get 10% off, free shipping, and no sales tax. Reverb you get people listing for barely 10% off retail plus sales tax plus $15+ shipping. I've been buying new stuff lately for *cheaper* than used.

xcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xcc » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:50 pm

scragz wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:52 pm
Severed head wrote:
Most domestic retailers you get 10% off, free shipping, and no sales tax. Reverb you get people listing for barely 10% off retail plus sales tax plus $15+ shipping. I've been buying new stuff lately for *cheaper* than used.
For reals. Most Reverb sellers want me to pay more than the new price. No thanks.

wuff_miggler
Ultra Wiggler

Post by wuff_miggler » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:57 pm

i buy from juno...best deals on he internet (for aussies) - for doepfer anyway - i havent checked the other brands.
if i find a seller selling 1 used module....great - not much off the new price from Juno - then i need to pay shipping on 1 module...x 5...or however many modules i want.

used modules are oddly...a bad deal :(

scragz
Common Wiggler

Post by scragz » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:00 pm

wuff_miggler wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:57 pm
i buy from juno...best deals on he internet (for aussies) - for doepfer anyway - i havent checked the other brands.
The GBP is so bad lately that Juno (and Signal) have amazing prices even after you factor in shipping. Juno also has that thing where you can bug them for an additional 5% or so off. Got all my Xaoc and Joranalogue from there for significantly under US retail.

wuff_miggler
Ultra Wiggler

Post by wuff_miggler » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:03 pm

signal.. yes - awesome deals too - and flat rate shipping for as many modules as you want.

rbhansen
Common Wiggler

Post by rbhansen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:35 pm

xcc wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:50 pm
scragz wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:52 pm
Severed head wrote:
For reals. Most Reverb sellers want me to pay more than the new price. No thanks.
This.

I feel like Reverb used to be a much more vibrant marketplace a couple of years ago.
I'm not a heavy trader but I found myself moving from Muffs to Reverb for my used purchases.

But now, I'm starting to move back to Muffs.
The deals are almost always better, you get to interact with the community, and it's a little more of a treasure hunt.
Reverb still good for unique or otherwise hard to find products.

jsco
Common Wiggler

Post by jsco » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:57 pm

rbhansen wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:35 pm
I feel like Reverb used to be a much more vibrant marketplace a couple of years ago.
the landscape changed significantly on reverb when they started collecting sales tax on everything. (one year ago? two?)

electricfence
Wiggling with Experience

Post by electricfence » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:14 pm

jsco wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:57 pm
rbhansen wrote:
the landscape changed significantly on reverb when they started collecting sales tax on everything. (one year ago? two?)
To be fair, as a seller on Reverb, I never see how much sales tax is to be collected until after the sale. Each state has its own rate, and some are pretty high, and I think there might even be a few states on behalf of whom Reverb still doesn't feel required to collect tax. But, with the exception of a few rare or very popular items, 20% off the of the new price has always seemed like a bit of a fantasy for me, and I usually ask substantially less than that.

m12386
Learning to Wiggle

Post by m12386 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:26 pm

rbhansen wrote:
The deals are almost always better, you get to interact with the community, and it's a little more of a treasure hunt.
Reverb still good for unique or otherwise hard to find products.
This is why I’m glad I found muffwigglers for sale board. I still check Reverb, but I try not to buy anything. If I do, I usually ask the seller if they’re willing just do PayPal and end the listing. Screw their fees and tax.

Miguel606
Common Wiggler

Post by Miguel606 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:48 pm

The sellers on Muffs for sale/trade board have definitely been the coolest and I am super grateful for them. Reverb was way cooler before the mandatory sales tax. If you happen to have a resale certificate for something (they are free and some people have them for ebay/etsy shops or whatnot) it seems you can send that to reverb to avoid sales tax as some people do just buy stuff from reverb to resell on reverb as weird as that sounds.

what about modular grid marketplace? Any reasons not to use that more for buying or selling? Any scammer stories or ways to avoid them? I’ve only bought a handful of modules but so far have always had a good experience. It seems a lot more people are on modular grid then muffwiggler.

Severed head
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Severed head » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:18 am

I agree with everything people are saying post my post.
Muffs if definitely the way to go for me.
Although even here most listings are at the same 20% off msrp and not the actual buying price(unless the original buyer just didn’t attempt to ask for the 10% off)
most sellers are cool Great people (everyone I’ve worked with)
And will often knock a few more bucks off the price. If you ask. And it’s not a John in demand item.

Also I wasn’t saying the previous or this post in any derogatory manor. Just stating the situation as I’ve notice in the EUrack realm this is the norm. Were as in most other used/2nd hand markets(not vintage the vintage market is an all around hype hack imo) the used prices are more Likely to float between 30-40% off the msrp.

All that being said a savings is a saving and that’s always helpful. But sometimes for me if the savings is less then 50$ it feels nice to get a brand new item. Since in my universe that’s a rare occasion as I’m usually on a tight budget and even only a 10% savings is what makes or breaks a deal.
WTB:, MA35 filter. -Mac recordings software from 2008/9
:help:

soon_come
Wiggling with Experience

Post by soon_come » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:33 am

Still no replacement for trading here, and I've found quite a few great deals even paying cash. This also makes me inclined to pay it forward and be a friendly seller here. Certainly, if your only criteria is paying the lowest price, you may not find the absolute best deal here, but I often have. And I value the personal interactions and tips I get when I deal with people here. I don't seem to get that anywhere else except for perhaps one discord community (NYMS / New York Modular Society). :cloud:
https://soonco.me
(dub and dancehall gone modular)

FS (US): 2hp Delay, more...

soon_come
Wiggling with Experience

Post by soon_come » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:34 am

Miguel606 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:48 pm
what about modular grid marketplace? Any reasons not to use that more for buying or selling? Any scammer stories or ways to avoid them? I’ve only bought a handful of modules but so far have always had a good experience. It seems a lot more people are on modular grid then muffwiggler.
I don't know anything about the MG marketplace (although I use ModularGrid quite a lot), so I'm curious about this topic too.
https://soonco.me
(dub and dancehall gone modular)

FS (US): 2hp Delay, more...

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:36 pm

soon_come wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:34 am
Miguel606 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:48 pm
I don't know anything about the MG marketplace (although I use ModularGrid quite a lot), so I'm curious about this topic too.
i've heard of a couple scams over the past few years. i think it's more pervasive on MG than here because here you're directly interacting with the community, and burning bridges in something your passionate over is just idiotic. MG is just a marketplace with user reputation that is hard to verify.

mvdirty
Common Wiggler

Post by mvdirty » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Since Juno came up, two warnings:

1. On two out of two orders they showed the discount (and correct subtotaling and totaling) all the way through the checkout process, and even in the downloadable order confirmation afterward, but showed incorrect math there (sub totals and beyond all failed to account for the discount,) and charged the full amount without discount.

Juno support were pleasant and quick until I showed them the math and then they stopped responding (and I have confirmation that they received my messages, because their support system replies your messages back to you.)

PayPal quickly found in my favor on the first order’s dispute and refunded me. Because (and here comes the second part of the Juno warning...)

2. Juno charges a huge fee for using PayPal...

So on the second order I used a credit card, they charged the wrong amount again, and that dispute process will be much more painful.

Beware.
Last edited by mvdirty on Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miguel606
Common Wiggler

Post by Miguel606 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:19 pm

A couple more Juno warnings ,is that if you are in the USA and the delivery is fedex , anything fedex calculates as worth over $800 at the time of arrival fedex will charge you 5.4% import fees and a brokerage fee. I ordered some stuff and selected Royal Mail air to avoid this as it is sometimes fast, but sometimes Juno randomly sends things fedex instead of Royal Mail so got surprise bills from fedex. I also ordered things that were $770, but by the time fedex got them a couple days later the exchange rate moved enough that fedex calculated it as $801 and bam, 5.4% import fees and a brokerage fee

Ive also had some of their shipments sent Royal Mail either never show up , or take literally two months to show up, and since they dont offer tracking with royal air you are just plain out of luck if it never shows up, or left wondering for two months.

also have had return inquiries just go dead to the point of comedy, which is always weird considering you can always get someone on the chat window to get better price quotes.

I still dig them and order from them and prices are generally good, but I imagine ordering from within the UK is a lot better.

mvdirty
Common Wiggler

Post by mvdirty » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:28 pm

I really wish I could give them more business. I used to buy music from them back in the day, and their modular selection is interestingly deep and varied. But I can’t trust them, not at all.

Juno aside, Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed is only Tracked or Signed in certain delivery countries. For those who might not yet know from experience: Canada is definitely not one of them.

Anyway, back to the deals!!!

Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:48 pm

I had a similar issue with Juno charging an amount over what showed up in the final checkout process. It may be partly due to the actual exchange rate you get on your bank card as opposed to the misleading currency exchange rate that gets used in their cart system--but even taking that into account, the total wasn't correct.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”